This Is Us

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Spartan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:10 pm

I lost it when I saw Dr K. Another fine episode, the teen actors really shone here and obviously Mandy was stunning. She also liked a tweet that I tweeted, so I had my fangirl moment.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Serby » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:31 am

Omg you lucky man! :o

Really loved the last episode. ❤ Though Kevin proves even more he was always weird and kinda annoying. :lol:;
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Thriller » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:57 pm

Randall can be so infuriating #TeamBeth
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:01 pm

I forgot this came back on, will have to catch up tonight.
Spartan
Legend

Postby AndiIversen » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:26 pm

Kinda hate to say it, but this made my eyes misty quite a few times over most of the epis so far and with most of the characters as well.
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:52 pm

Thriller wrote:Randall can be so infuriating #TeamBeth
Literally! Thank God for Beth, the saving grace. She’s honestly the best character in this show.
Spartan
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:53 pm

Spartan wrote:
Literally! Thank God for Beth, the saving grace. She’s honestly the best character in this show.
She's everything!!
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Benny » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:55 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:
Spartan wrote:
She's everything!!
I agree, she's the best!
Benny
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:42 pm

I finally caught up today. So many heartbreaking moments in the last three episodes, though, of course, Jack's death was the big gut-wrencher. That damn dog! :cry: And him going in each room to save something special for everyone. :cry: And the show's writers prolonging his death, with Rebecca thinking she was in the clear, going to get some chocolate, and then being hit with the devastating news. :cry: But getting that ever-important bite of chocolate anyway.

The tree/funeral episode gave Teenage Kate an opportunity to shine.

The Vegas episode provided yet another receipt as to why Beth is the best supporting character on the show. Toby had some funny moments, too.

Spartan wrote:I lost it when I saw Dr K. Another fine episode, the teen actors really shone here and obviously Mandy was stunning. She also liked a tweet that I tweeted, so I had my fangirl moment.
So cool! 8-)
If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:38 pm

Finally caught up today with he last 4 episodes. Cried so hard!
What a special show this is.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Spartan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Loved the latest episode. I didn’t care that it had little Pearson screentime in. Deja carried the episode and the actress was fantastic, great to see the formidable Pam Grier as her grandma. Ultimately quite a sad episode.

Can’t belive this week is the season finale.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:30 pm

Great season finale. So many new places for the show to go. Obviously the most intriguing is the future Randall/Tess stuff - I wonder who they’re referring too. Loved Kevin’s speech, bet Beth ain’t too happy him shacking up with her cousin. I lost it when I saw OldJack though.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:13 pm

That was Pam Grier!!! I knew I recognised her. I loved the Deja episode, it gave us some great context. It's just a shame she went back to angry Deja at the end.

I loved the finale, the flash-forwards and Old Jack especially. I have a feeling Randall and Tess were talking about Deja? Maybe she ended up in prison?
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:31 pm

I was thinking either Deja in prison or Beth in a home/hospice maybe dying or Alzheimer’s.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:41 pm

Please not Beth.
Thriller

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:44 pm

The Déjà episode felt like filler, but I get why it was shot.

The season finale, though, was more in the vein of the 'This Is Us' that I love. From the hilarity of the 'worst case scenario' game with Randall/Beth and Randall/Kevin, to the minor dilemmas of the missing Jack jersey and discontinued ice-cream flavour, to the emotionally charged toasts from Kevin and Randall, and to the glimpses of the future we get that make you wish season three were next week instead of the coming autumn. Fantastic finale!

Spartan wrote:I was thinking either Deja in prison or Beth in a home/hospice maybe dying or Alzheimer’s.
I will bawl if this is the case. It may sound cold to say, but I can kinda take Déjà in prison, but I don't think I can take something being wrong with both Toby and Beth. :cry:
If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:48 pm

I don't care so much if something's wrong with Toby. Beth, on the other hand, I will be distraught.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:19 am

Spartan wrote:Great season finale. So many new places for the show to go. Obviously the most intriguing is the future Randall/Tess stuff - I wonder who they’re referring too. Loved Kevin’s speech, bet Beth ain’t too happy him shacking up with her cousin. I lost it when I saw OldJack though.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benny » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:55 am

Loved the season finale, it was 'This Is Us' at its best. :D
Don't want anything bad happening to Beth! :(
Benny
Legend

Return to TV