This Is Us

Postby MusicLover88 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:08 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Bigger arms? All the better to cuddle with, my dear. :lol:
Well, this is true :lol:

I love most things about the show except I feel like they don't really know where they're going with Kevin and while I feel Kate's weight issues should be addressed, I fear that if something were to happen to Toby, that's all we'd ever hear about.

Like ThatInfo said, it's a lovely and heartwarming show but it almost never dissolves into corny and sappy, which is EXTREMELY hard to do.
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby Thriller » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:01 pm

I am watching at UK pace, so we just had episode 5.

This is such a great show, I was hooked from the first episode! The way it all came together and you realise Jack and Rebecca are the parents of the grown triplets... very clever. All of the cast are strong, especially Mandy and Milo.

Sad to learn that Jack died, but I had to assume that had happened from seeing Rebecca with Miguel.
Thriller

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:37 pm

I must start watching this, ive heard so many great things about it!!
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby MusicLover88 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:04 pm

New episode tonight. I'm like obsessed with this show lol. Pissed they didn't win shit at the Globes.
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 pm

MusicLover88 wrote:New episode tonight. I'm like obsessed with this show lol. Pissed they didn't win shit at the Globes.
The show and its actors were up against some giants (Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, Lena Headey). I didn't expect any wins Sunday night, but they better get some Emmy love!
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 pm

Jack and Rebecca 4eva <3 My lord, Mandy Moore is just SHINING in this role.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby Spartan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Another tearjerker of an episode, but aren't all episodes? :lol:

Been renewed for two more seasons. They really need to keep Milo in the show though, him and Mandy are electric together.
Spartan
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:39 pm

2 more seasons, yaaaaaaaaas!

I really hope they don't end up regretting killing Jack off (this early anyway).
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby Spartan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:03 pm

That latest episode killed me emotionally.
Spartan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:27 am

I caught up on the three episodes I missed, and I came away thinking: (1) this show has heart for days, just completely inspiring and uplifting in a way no other show I've ever seen has managed to be, and (2) this show is emotionally taxing.

"My two favourite people: one at the very beginning, and the other at the very end." I thought that was a very poignant remark from Randall's dad. This show has such a brilliant, authentic way of storytelling; as tragic a life as Randall's dad lived, it's all very realistic how a series of events combined with some poor decisions can take your life down a black hole.

Randall's Oprah moment was hilarious, though: "You get a cousin, you get a cousin, you ALL get a cousin. Sorry, I was raised by white people." :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Era » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:02 am

Milo is the perfect man <3 And has been so since his 'Gilmore Girls' days!

I watched the pilot and loved it! Lemme binge watch the rest today
I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you.
Era
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:31 am

Era wrote:Milo is the perfect man <3 And has been so since his 'Gilmore Girls' days!
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:48 pm

Last two episodes have been emotionally draining.
Spartan
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:00 pm

Spartan wrote:Last two episodes have been emotionally draining.
Chile...

I cried twice the last episode. And the last cry was a full out one. I don't get emotional with shows really and for a show to do that to me...man this is some good writing and acting.

Homeboy that is playing Randall deserves all the awards coming his way.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:03 am

Sterling is absolutely brilliant. He steals the show week after week.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:42 am

This show is so realistic, it doesn't look like they are acting. I missed hearing Mandy sing! :cry: :cry:
GetBack
Legend

Postby Benny » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Last night's episode would have worked fine as a mid-season episode but was a bit disappointing as the season finale. I would have expected them to show us how Jack died and why Kate feels responsible for it. I guess they'll take their time to reveal it, now that the show has been renewed for two further seasons.
Benny
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:21 pm

Benny wrote:Last night's episode would have worked fine as a mid-season episode but was a bit disappointing as the season finale. I would have expected them to show us how Jack died and why Kate feels responsible for it. I guess they'll take their time to reveal it, now that the show has been renewed for two further seasons.
That's what I was thinking. It was actually one of the least emotional episodes for me. But I guess they gotta stretch it on longer since they have two more seasons coming.

they should've ended it on the episode where Randall's dad died. Because I never cried at a show like that before. Twice smh :cry:
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Boy I've been so busy I've missed like the past 6 episodes. Really need to catch up!!
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby stevyy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:55 pm

1.16: had tears streaming down... i can't handle the show.. it's so haunting.

also the song William and his cousin performed - the one William wrote, was absolutely phenomenal. I would buy it immediately.

HOW incredibly beautiful were William's and Randall's mothers.. omfg.

what a show. I have 2 more episodes left for season 1. I cannot wait.
stevyy
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:14 pm

^^^The song is on iChunes.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby LambChild » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:48 pm

Binge watched this in like 4 days. It was so good! I'm not trying to spoil anything for those who haven't seen the finale, but were those who've seen it apprehensive the entire episode? And what you think is supposed to happen never really does? AND NOW we have to wait for a new season to find out ....
funny how one can learn
to grow numb to the madness
and block it away
LambChild
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:24 pm

I finally watched the last two episodes, and they're really stretching out that reveal, aren't they? At any rate, this show definitely peaked mid-season, but that doesn't make me any less excited for season two! 8-)
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:52 pm

I was annoyed they didn't reveal it to us in this season! Also, too much focus on the doctor in the end.
Thriller

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:30 am

So happy for Sterling K. Brown's Emmy win! Totally deserved!

As for the season premiere, it was terrific. Randall's wife won the episode for me, but it'll never cease to amaze me how ridiculously, and un-cheesy, sweet this show is.
JSparksFan
Legend

Return to TV