This Is Us

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Thriller » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:42 am

Definitely!
Thriller

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:44 pm

When Rebecca showed up at Kate's door, and they shared that emotional moment, I teared up a bit. I also love the way Toby handled the miscarriage conflict, letting her know that he was indeed a part of the process. He is such a fantastic supporting character, and a perfect match for Kate, personality-wise.

The Randall episode was good, as he finally got to see things from Rebecca's perspective, and given his own experiences, was able to make a more enlightened decision now that he was in her shoes. His Pac-Man analogy gave me life, though. I love how Beth never lets him off the hook. "What the hell are you talking about, Randall? That's bleak." :lol:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Serby » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:33 am

Beth is the best tbh. :lol:

I catched up and love this. Kinda dislike Toby cuz hes so evil by stopping the Kate from loosing the weight, but otherwise really nice. Shut up and fix your life, like she does, without sabotaging the other one. /rant
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Spartan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:21 pm

I don’t understand how Mandy Moore hasn’t had an Emmy or Globe nom this season, she’s easily been the most consistently great .
Spartan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:33 pm

Sterling K. Brown wins yet another well-deserved honour, and, of course, delivers a fantastic speech.

JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:57 pm

This is back tomorrow I believe!
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Thriller wrote:This is back tomorrow I believe!
True that.

Pleased for Sterling, personally I think Milo has put in better performances than him this season, and Justin has come pretty close so it’s be nice to see them get some recognition. As much as I love Chrissy Metz, I think she’s outperformed by both Mandy Moore and Susan Kelechi Watson.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:49 am

Thriller wrote:This is back tomorrow I believe!
Aww finally! This show is one of the best shows ever.
I've cried so many times watching this.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Thriller » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:30 pm

Loved that episode! The rehab meeting scene was amazing. I can see it from all sides really.
Thriller

Postby Serby » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:09 pm

Ehy is the blonde guy still so unlikable. Maybe we are missing something, but seems like he's overreacting since he was a kiddo. The meeting scene was great.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Whew Chile they was setting it off this week. Loved it. Love how they explored that topic. Mandy is such a great actress
Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:00 pm

Phenomenal episode this week! I loved every scene. I can sorta empathise with Kevin as a kid, but, from a more adult perspective, he has to understand that his siblings simply required more attention. He makes it seem like they just tossed him to the curb and didn't actively support his football and acting pursuits. Rebecca's revelation that Randall was just the 'easiest' was the big highlight for me, though. Mandy Moore does such a fantastic job in her role.

I think the 'Others' had some fantastic scenes, too. Beth and Toby need more scenes together, and it was nice to see Miguel get a few lines in, too.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:55 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Phenomenal episode this week! I loved every scene. I can sorta empathise with Kevin as a kid, but, from a more adult perspective, he has to understand that his siblings simply required more attention. He makes it seem like they just tossed him to the curb and didn't actively support his football and acting pursuits. Rebecca's revelation that Randall was just the 'easiest' was the big highlight for me, though. Mandy Moore does such a fantastic job in her role.

I think the 'Others' had some fantastic scenes, too. Beth and Toby need more scenes together, and it was nice to see Miguel get a few lines in, too.
Yes, those rehab scenes were easily the highlight for me and you do see it from all sides. Loved the last scene between Rebecca and Kevin too. OldMandyMoore is my favourite. Beth referencing LOST was great, there were some lovely scenes in there.

I hope the show gets a bit happier now, I feel like it’s still much more depressing that it used to be.

Quite a lot of meta in that episode.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Serby » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:19 am

^ LOST what and where? And what's meta where? I dont get your post at all and I really want to. :lol:

Omg the last episode :lol: :lol:

Randall: Did you like him or loooove him?
Woman: Wasn't he a fancy man?
R: Not really, he was low...oh you mean gay?
W: Yeah.
R: No, he was bi.
W: Bye. *closes the door*

I screamed at this scene. :lol: :lol: :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:20 am

Spoiler:
I think yhe bih dying scene is coming anytime now.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Spartan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:12 am

Serby wrote:^ LOST what and where? And what's meta where? I dont get your post at all and I really want to. :lol:
When the amazing Beth referred to herself, Miguel and Toby as the 'others' from Lost.

Meta is when a show is aware of itself and what the audience think of it, that it can become self-referential and almost address it 'in show', and I felt the last episode almost did that.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:15 am

Just caught up on the last episode, never been so nervous about a smoke alarm in my whole life.
I'm liking the different dynamics at the moment - Kevin with Rebecca and Miguel is great, and Beth telling Randall how it is. Even Kate and her "fat" friend were really sweet scenes.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:55 pm

The last scene with the smoke alarm... such a sense of impending doom!

Randall is such an obsessive, like he cannot let go of something once he starts. It's quite annoying, especially the more charming he tries to be.
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:20 pm

Thriller wrote:Randall is such an obsessive, like he cannot let go of something once he starts. It's quite annoying, especially the more charming he tries to be.
I agree. Don’t know how QueenBeth puts up with him half the time? Although I like William, I don’t think he should be a series regular. They can only exhaust him so much.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Serby » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Spartan wrote:
Serby wrote:^ LOST what and where? And what's meta where? I dont get your post at all and I really want to. :lol:
When the amazing Beth referred to herself, Miguel and Toby as the 'others' from Lost.

Meta is when a show is aware of itself and what the audience think of it, that it can become self-referential and almost address it 'in show', and I felt the last episode almost did that.
Will recheck a Lost thingy. I know what meta is but it flew over my head, so I was lost.

Also I get now why does Katie blame herself for the big accident (dressig room drama).
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Thriller » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:27 pm

Can't cope with the latest episode!

Spoiler:
That bloody slow cooker from the old neighbour ffs! :x
I wonder if Jack ran back in to try and save the dog and that's why Kate can't cope with dogs?
Kevin passed up on the chance to speak to him for the last time :(

I'm gonna be a mess next week.
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:08 pm

^^ All of the above.

I was a mess for the last ten minutes of that episode, from when they got Audio, to the Kevin/Sophie scene (first time I actually felt anything towards Sophie), Kevin getting his necklace back, and the last few minute of flashbacks to how the fire started all set me over the edge.

Next week is the big episode then. It’s on after the Superbow so will draw in massive ratings for NBC. I feel like it’ll be 40 minutes of me crying.

Randall was his normal annoying self there though, poor Beth. She must hate always being right.
Spartan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:34 am

Randall's obsessiveness is endearing because it almost always comes from a selfless place. Beth is the perfect partner for him, though - a realist who can land him when his dreaming takes him to "outer space".

I finally caught up with this - I blame my sister for the tardiness, as it's become our sibling bonding show and I can't watch it without her - and the way they hinted at the fire scene in the previous episode, then the set up to to the initiation of the fire in this week's episode, was brilliant.

I agree with everyone else; the next episode will bring on the waterworks. *Braces self* :cry:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Serby » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:12 am

Omg gonna watch it now, stressed!
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Thriller » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:27 am

Child and teenage Randall is one of the most likeable characters in the show, it's a shame as an adult he became so damn irritating at times! The big three all have their flaws though.
Thriller

Return to TV