Eurovision Song Contest 2018: Lisbon, Portugal, May 2018

Postby Mainshow » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:28 pm

The official Eurovision Facebook page just announced that there will be a very special surprise/announcement tomorrow!

I'm excited.

Has Kazakhstan been invided to debut?
Will Australia not be the only exception to the rule? I'd like to see New Zealand in the competition!
Are Within Temptation going to represent the Netherlands? (highly rumored because Within Temptation are about to make a very special statement/announcement tomorrow/on Wednesday as well)
Are we going to get the full list of participatiing countries?
Or is the stage design and the official logo about to be released?
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:42 pm

Just no to WT :lol:

I love WT and i love ESC but these two things should stay apart from each other...
Tansike
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:50 pm

Tansike wrote:Just no to WT :lol:

I love WT and i love ESC but these two things should stay apart from each other...
Why? - Eurovision has become a huge thing in the Netherlands and while WT still manages to release successful albums, their singles/songs are flopping hard in the Netherlands. I was even told that they are "has beens". Also, Nightwish tried to represent Finland, we had some great rock entries in Eurovision before, e.g. Lordi.
+ The Netherlands have started to go big in Eurovision and submit songs by well-established and popular Dutch acts (unlike Switzerland, Germany, UK) and it worked for them (Top 10s with Common Linnets, Anouk & #11s in 2016 and 2017).
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:52 pm

I don‘t think WT would work for that audience, you really can‘t compare them to Lordi and NW tried it like 15 years ago. It‘s more like a loose-loose situation for them IMO.
Tansike
Legend

Postby flopho » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:54 pm

hoping for another non-European contestant just to see the unnecessary meltdowns Image
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:54 pm

I completely disagree.
If Nightwish can perform at the Echo awards (which has a predominately pop-loving audience), they can clearly perform in front of 200 million people on a Eurovision stage.
Also, their singles used to be well-received by the general public during "Mother Earth" and "The Silent Force" and since they said that they would be going back to their epic symphonic rock sound of "The Silent Force" for their upcoming record, it would be a perfect opportunity to introduce their "comeback"/new material.

Maybe it will be Sharon den Adel only? As a side project? :D
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:55 pm

flopho wrote:hoping for another non-European contestant just to see the unnecessary meltdowns Image
#TeamKazakhstan
#TeamNewZealand
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:24 am

Saara Aalto (X Factor UK runner-up) will represent Finnland next year!!!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:59 pm

RTP - The Portuguese broadcaster - just held a special press conference a few minutes ago:

The slogan will be: "All Aboard"

source: https://storage.googleapis.com/esctoday ... o-2018.jpg

Also, 42 countries will compete next year = F.Y.R. Macedonia is officially out :(
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Colbie » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Not fond of the logo, i saw other ones that i liked better!
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Mainshow » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Colbie wrote:Not fond of the logo, i saw other ones that i liked better!
Yeah, I do not love the logo either. I don't mind it but it looks so freaking old-fashioned (like coming straight from the 90s)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:21 pm

All Aboard! Lisbon welcomes 42 countries to Eurovision 2018.

42 countries will participate in the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon. Host Broadcaster RTP also revealed the slogan and theme artwork for the 2018 edition, All Aboard! 2018 marks the first time that the competition will be held in Portugal, after Salvador Sobral gave the country its first win in 53 years of competing.

The 2018 Eurovision Song Contest is taking shape. Earlier today Host Broadcaster RTP held a press conference in Lisbon where the list of participating countries was released and the theme artwork for 2018 was unveiled.

Portugal as a country has always connected Europe to the rest of the world through the ocean, and 500 years ago Lisbon was the centre of many of the world’s most important sea routes. Today, Lisbon is using the ocean’s connectivity as inspiration with the slogan All Aboard, inviting the international community to come together for this year’s competition.

Europe is a collective of many, and this has also inspired RTP’s design team to introduce multiple logos for 2018, rather than a single image. The main logo depicting a shell comes with twelve other derivations, which are predicated on the concept of the varying life in the oceans and depict the wonders of a floating world, such as plankton and a range of other organisms which are essential for balance in aquatic ecosystems.

Check out the different variations below!

source: https://eurovision.tv/apex/image/9b6a4f ... 7a9?w=1280

Through these multiple logos, the creative concept portrays key themes such as diversity, respect and tolerance. The logos will be creatively adapted and have a variety of uses in the run up to the event, including being displayed all over Lisbon next May. Gonçalo Madaíl, Creative Manager of RTP said: "For centuries, Portugal explored the world by sea. Today, Lisbon is more and more the city of all colors, a great harbour of cultures and sounds that welcomes you all to come aboard!

Participants in 2018

The 2018 Eurovision Song Contest will see 42 countries take to the stage in Lisbon. The 2018 edition will be a special year for Sweden which will appear in the contest for the 60th time. Russia is also returning to the contest after a year's absence.
Jon Ola Sand, the EBU’s Executive Supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest, said: "We are extremely happy with the creative theme and logos for this year’s contest, which resonate with Lisbon’s history and underscore Eurovision’s core values, including diversity, very well. The Ocean connects all of us, and its variety can provide good inspiration for each of the 42 participating broadcasters that we look forward to seeing in Lisbon next May."

Albania (RTSH)
Armenia (AMPTV)
Australia (SBS)
Austria (ORF)
Azerbaijan (ICTIMAI TV)
Belarus (BTRC)
Belgium (VRT)
Bulgaria (BNT)
Croatia (HRT)
Cyprus (CYBC)
Czech Republic (CT)
Denmark (DR)
Estonia (ERR)
Finland (YLE)
France (FT)
Germany (ARD/NDR)
Georgia (GPB)
Greece (ERT)
Hungary (MTVA)
Iceland (RÚV)
Ireland (RTE)
Israel (IPBC/KAN)
Italy (RAI)
Latvia (LTV)
Lithuania (LRT)
Malta (PBS)
Moldova (TRM)
Montenegro (RTCG)
The Netherlands (AVROTROS)
Norway (NRK)
Poland (TVP)
Portugal (RTP)
Romania (TVR)
Russia (C1R)
San Marino (RTV)
Serbia (RTS)
Slovenia (RTVSLO)
Spain (TVE)
Sweden (SVT)
Switzerland (SRG/SSR)
Ukraine (UA:PBC)
United Kingdom (BBC)
Source/Read more on: eurovision.tv

#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:57 pm

Mainshow wrote:I completely disagree.
If Nightwish can perform at the Echo awards (which has a predominately pop-loving audience), they can clearly perform in front of 200 million people on a Eurovision stage.
Also, their singles used to be well-received by the general public during "Mother Earth" and "The Silent Force" and since they said that they would be going back to their epic symphonic rock sound of "The Silent Force" for their upcoming record, it would be a perfect opportunity to introduce their "comeback"/new material.

Maybe it will be Sharon den Adel only? As a side project? :D
That Echo performance was years ago when artists like them were still able to get Top20 hits, and yet the audience still weren't that impressed by them by the look of it... and these two albums were also released over ten years ago.

Anyways, Sharon only would make more sense. Her collaboration with Armin Van Buuren ("In And Out Of Love") actually would have made a great ESC entry. We'll see...
Tansike
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:02 pm

Dutch media swirl over Sharon den Adel for Eurovision 2018

It’s only been a day since we kept you posted of all rumours circulating for The Netherlands and their Eurovision 2018 act. Just a day later, Dutch media seem to have picked up on one name in particular: Sharon den Adel. Is she indeed the chosen one for Lisbon?

‘Sharon den Adel a serious contender’

Newspaper AD published an article today where they claim Sharon den Adel is a serious contender for Lisbon. The Within Temptation singer has been mentioned before as an ideal candidate for Eurovision, but always turned the offer down. The reason? She and the band were afraid that their metal fans would not like their Eurovision adventure.

However, as AD says, Sharon has done some solo stuff lately, including working with a DJ (Armin van Buuren), covering several songs and participating in shows. Her fans never reacted negatively, so that may have changed her opinion on the entire Eurovision Song Contest.

Sources and an announcement

This rumour doesn’t come from nowhere. AD reveals that inside sources from the Dutch music scene are pretty confident that Sharon has at least been in talks with broadcaster Avrotros. As we said before, that wouldn’t be the first time.

Moreover, Within Temptation and Sharon den Adel are stirring up the rumours themselves as well. On Facebook, Den Adel keeps posting what seem to be new lyrics. Potentially to some of her new (solo) material. She adds the hashtag #notwhatyouthink to those posts. With many fans thinking Within Temptation will split up, one could guess that Eurovision is indeed not what many fans expect. Are AD onto something?

Within Temptation themselves posted a picture on Facebook, where they say Den Adel will make an announcement soon. The band’s PR manager said we can expect news to on Friday, 10 November. That would also fit perfectly with Avrotros stating their act would be revealed ‘mid-November’.

Plot thickening or merely a dream?

Is the plot around Sharon den Adel’s potential Eurovision participation really thickening? Are AD onto something with the sources, the announcement and the posts? Or is it more likely that this is all one big coincidence? It’s hard to tell at this point, but we should know more by Friday!

What do you think? Would Sharon den Adel be a good choice for The Netherlands in the Eurovision Song Contest? Let us know on Facebook, Twitter or below!
source: https://www.escxtra.com/2017/11/07/shar ... sion-2018/

OMG!!! YES PLEASE!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:09 pm

WT (or Sharon) have everything to lose in the ESC.
Western Europe needs an A-Game to really compete, they can't afford being like Russia and sending generic overproduced songs.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:08 am

Mainshow wrote:Saara Aalto (X Factor UK runner-up) will represent Finnland next year!!!
Yes!!!!
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby Mainshow » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:28 pm

Jazz Diva AISEL will represent Azerbaijan in Eurovision!

http://wiwibloggs.com/2017/11/08/azerba ... 18/200508/
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:33 pm

So i guess it's quite safe to say Sharon will represent the Netherlands now? I mean, all these rumors... did it ever happen that there were so many rumors about something like this and it didn't happen in the end? :lol:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Colbie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:36 pm

^ There were alot of rumours for Og3ne before it became official and they represented NL!
If its indeed true and Sharon would go i would be up for it!
She has an amazing voice!
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Colbie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:35 am

Apparently its gonna be Waylon again:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JWbCnZ1cCu0
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Mainshow » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:07 am

Colbie wrote:Apparently its gonna be Waylon again:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JWbCnZ1cCu0
I'm still hoping for Sharon but Waylon would be a great choice as well.
I love it that the Netherlands started to send well-established artists to Eurovision. Waylon is a great musician with a lot of experience.

That being said, I'm still hoping for Sharon.
Maybe Waylon is the songwriter or it will be a collaboration?
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:23 am

Waylon? :-?

Erm no.

And no i'm even more afraid of that WT thingy (OT)
Tansike
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:20 am

BehindBreakaway wrote:
Mainshow wrote:Saara Aalto (X Factor UK runner-up) will represent Finnland next year!!!
Yes!!!!
So excited for this!!
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Colbie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:31 am

They just confirmed Waylon: https://mobile.twitter.com/songfestival ... 5916919808

Not a fan of this. Was hoping for Sharon!
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Noahh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:41 am

Waylon is perfect imo. :D

He’s got the charisma, the voice...
I’m hoping for an uptempo funk song with edge.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Return to TV