American Horror Story: Cult

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:33 am

Still untitled, but I figured it would be nice to open a thread for it since Murphy spilled some scalding T about the theme.

Apparently, it's going to be election-themed.
Last edited by ArmyOfMe on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:09 pm

Sorry but this idea sucks.
After the improvement from "Hotel" to "Roanoke" Murphy is going to be treading well worn and overexposed ground that people will no doubt do better.
I'm hoping to be proved wrong but this has already left a bad taste in my mouth.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:10 am

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby KEY9481 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Ewww.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Postby xtofer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Is she playing a monster?
xtofer
Legend

Postby TIfan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:22 pm

^^ Why did I just scream at this!
TIfan
Legend

Postby KEY9481 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:24 pm

xtofer wrote:Is she playing a monster?
!!! Show definitely got scarier.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Postby urbanmusik » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Roanake was such a return to form after a few bad seasons, I'm not here for American Horror Story: White Feminism.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby xtofer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:33 am

CULT

xtofer
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:58 am

Cool!
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:12 am

The upcoming seventh season of Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk's FX anthology is called Cult, the showrunner revealed on Thursday.

Though Murphy has announced that the seventh season will focus on the 2016 presidential election, confirmed details have since remained scarce. He promised that with Thursday's announcement, "Suddenly ... it will all make sense."

FX also revealed on Thursday that the seventh season of the anthology will premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 5 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. 
Although AHS did not panel at this year's Comic-Con, the FX anthology took advantage of the annual confab to announce its long-awaited season seven title.

After unveiling an activation Thursday at noon that included a sneak peek of season seven (complete with images of Twisty the Clown and bee hives), American Horror Story unveiled a new season seven teaser on the water behind the San Diego Convention Center Thursday night at 9:15 p.m. PT. At the end of the video, seen below, viewers were encouraged to visit AHS7.com, where after watching another video, the title was revealed.
The website continues to boast an interactive experience that promises eight weeks of clues (currently, only week one is unlocked for viewing).

What is known is that the season will begin on election night, with Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as the vehicles to kick off the rest of the story. The president and his former opponent, however, will only be seen "on television" and will not be played by any of the confirmed cast, which includes returning stars Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters, along with newcomers Billie Lourd, Billy Eichner, Leslie Grossman and Colton Haynes. Cheyenne Jackson and Adina Porter are also believed to be returning and Murphy announced on Wednesday that Lena Dunham will also be joining the AHS family. The Girls star will appear in one episode, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed.

"What I’m interested in doing is not just the obvious, single-minded point of view but rather express all sides of that equation," Murphy told THR of his goal for tackling the election. "What needs to happen in our country now is for people to listen to each other — we may not always agree with each other and we may be horrified by what the other side is doing, but we have to move toward understanding."
Murphy has been using his Instagram account to drop hints about the new season, including several pictures of monsters and imply the return of John Carroll Lynch's Twisty the clown from season four's Freakshow. An activation at this summer's Comic-Con also launched on Thursday, promising to offer an additional tease later in the evening.

Season six's Roanoke theme was kept under wraps until premiere night, with a series of more than 20 cryptic promos offering "misdirect" information. Of season seven's marketing hook, FX president John Landgraf said, "Ryan has yet another really innovative idea for how to do something fresh and different with the franchise that audiences haven't seen before." 

Ok I'm interested.....
Obviously they're going to tackle the clown phenomenon in some way and teasing Twisty is an interesting choice given how he was pushed so much in the lead up to "Freakshow" and then used unsatisfyingly.
The election story point doesn't really thrill me but I'm looking forward to seeing what will be on offer
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Fan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:07 pm

It does sound pretty interesting and I'm glad Lena is only featuring in one episode.
Will be curious to see Colton in this as well. He seems like the nicest guy and is incredibly good looking, but his acting skills on the other hand :oops:
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Lena Dunham... MEH :-?
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:18 pm

Pop Crave‏ @PopCrave 22h22 hours ago
The official poster for #AHSCult has been revealed! The season is set to premiere on Tuesday, September 5th.

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:37 am

Looks as though they're taking a big, much needed, step away from the supernatural this season and focusing instead on the evil that can dwell within each of us.
Looks very gripping and tense and focusing on actually "horrifying" it's viewers.
I'm getting a "Saw"/"The Purge" meets "The Strangers" with a little "Copycat" thrown in.
Paulson will surely deliver as always and it's great to see them give Peters something different to play with and the rest of the new and returning players will be interesting to watch.
Actually really anticipating this.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby ArmyOfMe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:05 pm

ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby SilentDream » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:51 am

I haven't even finished the last two AHS seasons and I don't plan on ever finishing them. I'll still give the new season a chance.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Carbon » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:55 am

SilentDream wrote:I haven't even finished the last two AHS seasons and I don't plan on ever finishing them. I'll still give the new season a chance.
Thats what i say every time :lol: but I've made peace with the fact that the series just doesn't do it for me at all anymore
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:14 am

Carbon wrote:
SilentDream wrote:I haven't even finished the last two AHS seasons and I don't plan on ever finishing them. I'll still give the new season a chance.
Thats what i say every time :lol: but I've made peace with the fact that the series just doesn't do it for me at all anymore
:lol: Yeah tbh I doubt anyway that I'll ever like AHS as much as I used to do. Maybe it’s because Jessica Lange isn't part of the series anymore. She was definitely one of the most important parts – if not the most important part – of this series (and she was one of my favourite AHS characters).
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby ArmyOfMe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:34 am

Has anyone watched the first episode?
I liked it but it's introductory. Let's see how it develops from here, it could become very good but also very bad.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Ewokguy15 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:39 am

I enjoyed the first episode. Glad Billie Lourd and Evan Peters have main role this season.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby biscuits » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:06 am

Oh it's started already in the US? TBH, im still on Freakshow so will finish that one first
biscuits
The Diva

Postby xtofer » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:51 am

First episode in and we already hear Sarah Paulson's character scream like a dozen times.
xtofer
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:21 am

xtofer wrote:First episode in and we already hear Sarah Paulson's character scream like a dozen times.
Yeah, I'm over her now tbh. She's a good actress but it feels like I've seen this all before already.

This was probably the worst opener of the entire series. It felt like a mid-season episode rather than a premier which introduces a whole magnitude of storylines. I hate how they're shoehorning the election into this, and there were too many minutes devoted to talking about it. And I miss some of the regular actors too.

The clowns are definitely creepy (I should have watched it in the dark for maximum effect) but the whole 'are they imaginary' angle makes them a lot less scary. Nobody likeable thus far.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby spiritboy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:46 am

After that first episode, i'm not hopeful for this season.
spiritboy
Legend

Return to TV