The Handmaid's Tale

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Loose » Wed May 30, 2018 1:49 pm

Is hulu working for Non-Americans as well?
LIKE A WEAPON IN THE WRONG HANDS YOU COULD DO DAMAGE
Loose
Legend

Postby johnny_d » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:37 pm

OMG the latest episode. I actually kind of warmed to Serena Joy and she is my ultimate hate in this show. Felt sorry for her.

Also Jeanine’s parts in the ep were so touching.

Another solid episode. Teaser for next week is out and it looks like episode 9 is gonna be a good one!
Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start
johnny_d
Manager

Postby Benny » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:22 pm

johnny_d wrote:OMG the latest episode. I actually kind of warmed to Serena Joy and she is my ultimate hate in this show. Felt sorry for her.!
Me too! For the first time ever I liked Serena in an episode.
Benny
Legend

Postby NoAngel » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Ep 9 is among the best in whole series!
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:26 pm

I feel so conflicted with Serena cos she can be such a cow but then you get those moments where you realise she’s almost as trapped as June is. The Commander is a warped man.

Loved Janine and the baby, why does Janine not get referred to as Of-whoever though?

I feel like Nick is gonna commit suicide - his life is so crap.
Thriller

Postby aaliyahman » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:39 am

Episode 8 I started to feel slightly different about Seeena but I just think her ‘change’ is due to her short sightedness and the shame it brings. She was integral to Gilead and it’s formation including all the ‘neccessary’ Deaths. Did she think she was exempt?

I need more Aunt Lydia.

From the season 2 trailer, who do you think the couple drowning in the pool are? I think/hope it’s that dumb demon Eden and her fancy man guardian.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Benny » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:39 am

The last two episodes have been really intense, almost too intense to watch, like Offred being raped by the Commander and Serena.
Benny
Legend

Postby johnny_d » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:53 pm

Benny wrote:The last two episodes have been really intense, almost too intense to watch, like Offred being raped by the Commander and Serena.
That was traumatising tbh. They’re so awful. I hope to god it was Nick come back to save her at the end of the last ep. She deserves some happiness.

johnny_d
Manager

Postby aaliyahman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:07 pm

johnny_d wrote:
Benny wrote:The last two episodes have been really intense, almost too intense to watch, like Offred being raped by the Commander and Serena.
That was traumatising tbh. They’re so awful. I hope to god it was Nick come back to save her at the end of the last ep. She deserves some happiness.
The rape episode was awfully sad.

Like we’d all gotten used to the society but the most basic aspect was the most shocking.

Last episode was pretty boring.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:30 pm

The last scene in the latest episode. :cry:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby johnny_d » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:01 pm

As much as Enid was annoying, I didn’t want that for her. Very painful episode to watch. I think we need some joy soon in this show.

johnny_d
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Yes, it has become a very depressing show.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:19 pm

It makes me laugh how they keep having Nick back despite knowing he tried to help Offred escape and he’s the father of her child.
Thriller

Postby NoAngel » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Thriller wrote:It makes me laugh how they keep having Nick back despite knowing he tried to help Offred escape and he’s the father of her child.
I think that Fred is aware that Nick's an Eye, so it would be dangerous to try to get rid of him, especially considering problematic events in his household and how they are perceived among other commanders with higher ranks. He doesn't have solid proof to report Nick. But according to the finale preview it seems he came to the breaking point, so he turned to the extreme actions. Can't wait to see how that will turn out.
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby NoAngel » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:14 pm

What a finale :o :o :o my heart almost stopped beating.
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby johnny_d » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Omg I know!! It was really incredible. They really left it with so much more story to tell for next season. Can’t wait to see what will happen next for basically everyone. Such a nail biting episode. The writing on this show is really fantastic.

johnny_d
Manager

Postby Thriller » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Great final episode, I’m so happy for Emily and stoked at what she did to Aunt Lydia! That’ll teach her to be so condescending.

I was like “what the hell is she doing?!” when June stayed, but then remembered Hannah.
Thriller

Postby NoAngel » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Thriller wrote:Great final episode, I’m so happy for Emily and stoked at what she did to Aunt Lydia! That’ll teach her to be so condescending.

I was like “what the hell is she doing?!” when June stayed, but then remembered Hannah.
Spoiler:
Yes, but it's clear it was more for cliffhanger purposes, than it was consistent storytelling. There was always Hannah and that didn't stop her to try to escape before. Still amazing episode.
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby aaliyahman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:51 pm

NoAngel wrote:
Thriller wrote:Great final episode, I’m so happy for Emily and stoked at what she did to Aunt Lydia! That’ll teach her to be so condescending.

Spoiler:
Yes, but it's clear it was more for cliffhanger purposes, than it was consistent storytelling. There was always Hannah and that didn't stop her to try to escape before. Still amazing episode.
I agree with No Angel.

Great episode, they all got what they deserved. I love Emily. She’s probably my favourite character. I live Lydia though (she makes me laugh with her vile antics).

It was an inconsistent (we need another season in Gilead) ending. I mean what the hell is June going to do. Nothing.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby johnny_d » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 pm

I’m so happy that Emily has “hopefully” gotten away scott-free after what she did to Lydia! It was brilliant seeing Lydia getting some comeuppance.

I had a feeling that June was gonna end up going back for Hannah. I love the series so much but kinda hoping the next season is the last and that they all live happily ever after at the end. :lol:

June is really and truly risking everything.

johnny_d
Manager

Postby NoAngel » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Apparently, they plan to milks this for a long long time...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44614012

Honestly, 3 seasons are more than enough for this type of show.

Season 1 - Book
Season 2 - Extension and further explanation of Gilead world
Season 3 - Revolution
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby johnny_d » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:20 pm

It will be absolutely ruined if it’s keeps going on for much longer. I was really hoping the third season would wrap it all up.

johnny_d
Manager

Postby cristy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:01 pm

johnny_d wrote:It will be absolutely ruined if it’s keeps going on for much longer. I was really hoping the third season would wrap it all up.
The showrunner said he's mapped out the story for 10 seasons! :lol: I doubt we're gonna get that many, but they're definitely gonna try and do at least a few more. Hulu will want to milk as much as they can. It just scored 20 Emmy nominations for this season alone.

Unfortunately, for me, this season has been a bit disappointing. I never expected them to top the first one, but it seems that the absence of any more book material to work with took its toll.

It's still one of the most expertly crafted shows at the moment, the acting and directing have always been top notch, but some of the writing this season lacked and they made some really frustrating choices, in my opinion.

Spoiler:
Samira Wiley was severely underused as Moira this season. They tried to give her more backstory but it felt so forced and so out of the blue. The bit with her having been a surrogate mother made sense, but adding a fiance (that I can't remember if she was mentioned before) felt way too forced.

It feels that they're too afraid to change how the show was in season 1. Every time June tries to escape, boom, she's back with the Waterfords. The fact that Nick is somehow still there is equally baffling. I know that Fred probably can't get rid of him too easily, but surely he would come up with something to at least make his job more difficult.

Same with Emily and Janine. I'm glad they got out of the Colonies, but it felt like just a cheap way for the producers to hit the reset button and have them re-join June.

Serena was probably the highlight of the season, but that was entirely due to Yvonne Strahovsky's performance. She was seriously amazing as Serena. I still have some issues with the whole friends/enemies situation between her and June, but Moss and Strahovsky are so great together that they really sell it. I mean, she just had her husband rape you a few weeks ago, but, by all means, comfort her for losing a finger when she stood up in front of the mess she created herself SMH.

And don't get me started on the finale. :lol: Like others have said before, she tried to escape before too, knowing that it meant leaving Hannah behind (for now). What can she even do for her while hiding/on the run? She had a better shot at coming back for her with actual help and resources from a place where she's safe.

To clarify, I'm frustrated because I see her decision as a way for the producers to keep her in Gilead for season 3. They needed a cliff-hanger and they went for this. If there was something more than just a flashback before it happened, something to help justify her decision, I might have felt different about it.

Ugh! /rant over :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S: Still a good show. Eisabeth Moss is a queen and they should just give her the Emmy right now.
cristy
Superstar

Return to TV