EastEnders

Postby Thriller » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:15 am

It was like 2003 all over again last week... Robbie, Yolande, Derek. I was half-expecting Gus to turn up.

If they're trying to reconstruct the Jacksons they need to get Carol back with a new man in tow.
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Yolande hasn't aged a day.

The Ferreiras will be back next week. :lol:
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Lisa's back!

The prom episodes have been good to be fair. Funny to think some of the best episodes this year have involved the young cast.
Thriller

Postby RayRay » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Thriller wrote:Lisa's back!
I've missed a few months and so I never saw the return of Louise. Why doesn't she live with Lisa anymore?
RayRay
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:05 pm

RayRay wrote:
Thriller wrote:Lisa's back!
I've missed a few months and so I never saw the return of Louise. Why doesn't she live with Lisa anymore?
It was all a bit vague if I remember... Phil went to see her at school, next thing she's turned up looking for him saying she's fallen out with Lisa/Lisa's gone mental can she live with him.
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:57 pm

One thing I was keeping my fingers crossed for with this whole explosion storyline was Sonia shouting "get Den Watts!" like she did when the helter skelter collapsed.

Ted with the gun was ridiculous :roll: probably Jonny who's been shot.
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:36 pm

"Get Den Watts" is one of those classics like "bubbly's in the fridge" :lol:

Bex kissing her teacher was cringey.
Hopefully it's Johnny that's been shot. Linda having cancer was a surprise but she wasn't away for long enough, was she? I bet Mick sleeps with Fi tonight while Johnny is dying.

I hope Jane doesn't die, I've been enjoying her playing Miss Marple this week. I know people think she needs a comeuppance for the Lucy stuff but I don't care that much. Max can die though, he's just annoying.

Oh and Abi is amazing at being a crazy person.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Spartan wrote:"Get Den Watts" is one of those classics like "bubbly's in the fridge" :lol:
How could you forget “My son is in the kitchen, eating a biscuit!” :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby biscuits » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:11 pm

menime123 wrote:
Spartan wrote:"Get Den Watts"
How could you forget “My son is in the kitchen, eating a biscuit!” :lol:
2 of my all-time faves! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
biscuits
The Diva

Postby menime123 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:14 pm

The guy who got shot was wearing Jonny’s shirt, so clearly it’s him. They just did a teacher and studentvstoryline with Michelle and Preston, do we really need it repeating? I was liking the teacher too :-?

Linda having cancer was stupid. At least be a tad more imaginative and think of a different illness for her. If they wanted a character they could just throw any storyline at then they should have kept Ronnie - cancer was probably the only storyline they never gave her!
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:20 pm

I rolled my eyes at the cancer curveball. I know it affects a lot of people but it is unoriginal considering they've had huge stories with Tanya and Carol in the last 6 years, and it does seem very quick for her to be out of the other end of it.

I think the Carters in general are an absolute mess. Two of the kids have gone, they do nothing with Johnny, Mick and Linda are torn apart when it was promised from day one that they'd forever be solid, Shirley and Tina are spare bits floating about. Then there's Whitney suddenly back in the bosom with Woody who has randomly been in cahoots with Linda and her mum, and Fi on the outskirts with her mixed motives (what's an act and what isn't?).
Thriller

Postby biscuits » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:02 pm

Catching up on today's episode. Haven't watched in months

WTF IS JOYCE?!
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:09 pm

Jane probably done for.

JOYCE! Obsessed with her.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Spartan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:23 pm

Aside from Laurie Brett and, to a lesser extent, Kellie Bright I found he acting really subpar in that episode. Shame cos EE has some really strong actors.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:58 pm

The police were absolutely useless outside the restaurant, letting people run in and out of the fire, not cordoning off the area and making people stand right back?! Even at the house shooting they let any old Tom, Dick and Harry run inside when there's just been a shooting! :lol:

When that fitting fell off the roof and clanked Abi :o

So much action in one episode, for once! I still think Steven will die from the injury sustained when Max pushed him into the kitchen equipment.
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:22 pm

The whole scenario of the ambulance crash looked so budget, where even was that road they were travelling on?! It looked like disused airfield.

Steven's a goner then. Typical hospital bed shock death but YES to Jane! Hopefully Max doesn't get to her.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:56 pm

The laugh of the ambulance crash is that it wasn’t exactly planned - the ambulance wasn’t supposed to flip over and was a complete accident on the day.

Sad Steven died - killing off another of Ian’s kids was a stupid idea - particularly when Steven is linked so closely to EE legends: Pat was his grandmother afterall, and his mother is an EE legend.

Even if he didn’t appear for another 20 years, having the option to bring Steven back was surely better to keep on the table - did they learn nothing from killing off Ronnie and Roxie.
menime123
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:44 am

Though I enjoyed it was all a bit over the place. There was such little worry about where Jane was in that episode from Ian, then Steven dying was a bit lame (though really well acted by Abi).

The actual highlight of that episode for me was the Taylors.
Spartan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:48 am

I've heard they killed off Steven. Absolutely ridiculous decision. He had one of the richest histories of any of the characters and so much potential (and sooooo hot!) Instead they keep Johnny alive :roll:
biscuits
The Diva

Postby menime123 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Spartan wrote:Though I enjoyed it was all a bit over the place. There was such little worry about where Jane was in that episode from Ian, then Steven dying was a bit lame (though really well acted by Abi).

The actual highlight of that episode for me was the Taylors.
The Taylors have had a strange introduction in that they haven’t done much except steal a bench and given us a fake incest duff duff. Bernadette losing her baby was sad, but I can’t think of any other family introduced and then their producer leave the job so soon afterwards.

The Taylors are rough around the edges, but it seems they all have their hearts in the right place, clearly have histories to explore and aren’t in the pub despite being broke. I think they have real potential - especially the mother, who could go on to be a real EE legend with the right material and a new bra.

I thought her and Shirley’s interaction was good - I can see them being friends: Shirley desperately needs an actual friend rather than a new BF.
menime123
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:12 pm

Not sure what happened to Shirley's friendship with Denise, instead D is paired with the shrill, overbearing Carmel.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:16 pm

biscuits wrote:I've heard they killed off Steven. Absolutely ridiculous decision. He had one of the richest histories of any of the characters and so much potential (and sooooo hot!) Instead they keep Johnny alive :roll:
I think they ruined his character this time around. They've boxed him into a corner. Just like they've ruined Max as well (he needs to die ASAP).

But they should've killed Johnny off too, he's the worst actor on the show. Between him and the Murrays it's like watching terrible paint dry.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Spartan wrote:
biscuits wrote:I've heard they killed off Steven. Absolutely ridiculous decision. He had one of the richest histories of any of the characters and so much potential (and sooooo hot!) Instead they keep Johnny alive :roll:
I think they ruined his character this time around. They've boxed him into a corner. Just like they've ruined Max as well (he needs to die ASAP).

But they should've killed Johnny off too, he's the worst actor on the show. Between him and the Murrays it's like watching terrible paint dry.
Steven could have left exposed for his lies and been banished once again from Walford, like when he shot Jane all those years ago.

Steven having a comeuppance from all his lies and schemes would have been a satisfying conclusion - instead we’re cheated out of the big reveal of Lauren finding out about his GSP tracking, his office spy cam, his deliberately punctured condoms, him knowing she had an abortion, him deliberately ripping her dress etc. Plus his recent arson escapade for Max in addition to setting the restaurant on fire and leaving Jane for dead.

Now there’s no pay off, no drama, no consequence for those actions. He is dead at (presumably) Max’s hands (the whole catching his side on that metal counter) and perhaps Max doesn’t even know it.

Plus killing off another of Ian’s kids is stupid. Yes, he isn’t a biological son, but he raised him. It’s incredibly rare for a soap to kill off a character that was born in the actual show - and now EE have done it twice to the same family.

I just think it shows a level of disrespect to the shows legacy - in decades to come its going to need characters with links to the First families of the show, and I think it’s a dis-service to Ian’s character that he now has 2 kids killed off for a ratings push.
menime123
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:18 pm

I find it strange that Stephen left the series being gay and when he returned he was suddenly heterosexual.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:39 pm

^ Steven was bisexual.
menime123
Superstar

Return to TV