EastEnders

Postby Thriller » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:50 pm

Yes thinking about it I agree, Ian losing two kids is too much and Steven's history cuts even more ties with the early days. They did write him into a corner but he could've just moved back to NZ post-fallout.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Thriller wrote:Yes thinking about it I agree, Ian losing two kids is too much and Steven's history cuts even more ties with the early days. They did write him into a corner but he could've just moved back to NZ post-fallout.
Exactly. As great an actor as Adam is, Ian’s done above everything - the older he gets the more his storylines should be family centric around his grownup kids. In 10 years they’re going to really wish they had the option of bringing Steven back with partner and kids and invigorating Ian’s character.

That said, Ian’s only supposed to be in his 40s :o

I know it’s not real life, but with 4 kids you’d raise them expecting a legion of grandkids in later years. Sadly he only has one grandkid, one estranged son and one in prison for murder.

They should have learnt their lesson with Dot - they invented half a dozen secret grandkids over the years just to give her storylines to play into. Poor Ian’s going to end up the same way - I wonder how many women he knocked up on the quiet in New Zealand? He managed 1 in Walford and he was only back just over a year :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm

Yes the Beales are really thinning out! They obviously never considered any of this. At this rate they'll be having to bring Cindy back with her child, or at least Peter so he can try and put down new roots in Walford and be at the helm of the new Beale dynasty.

They're going to need a new raft of young women in the show soon, with the recent news of departures.
Thriller

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:04 pm

The last week has been a complete mess! Far too much going on, completely unbelievable. Another ambulance rolls into the square every 5 minutes
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Thriller » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:23 pm

They have a habit lately of cramming three month's worth of action in to one week!

Ill-timed comedy attempt with Kim and Honey arguing over who was going to take the defib machine out to Kush :roll:
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:23 am

Facing a lot of flack online over last night's episode which inexplicably jumped from Kush being rushed in for surgery on Friday and being sat in the cafe fit as a fiddle by Monday, yet Carmel is in hospital with no explanation of why.
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:29 pm

They released a statement about how it's only a minor operation done under anesthetic. But some explanation in the show would have been nice.

I enjoyed Denise's proposal.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:43 pm

I can't believe that Kathy's rapist is behind everything :o
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:21 pm

menime123 wrote:I can't believe that Kathy's rapist is behind everything :o
Big curveball! Although they sign-posted it so massively in her preceding chat with Linda.

At least it explains why they've been so concerned with Walford, and finally now a storyline for Kathy!
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Thriller wrote:
menime123 wrote:I can't believe that Kathy's rapist is behind everything :o
Big curveball! Although they sign-posted it so massively in her preceding chat with Linda.

At least it explains why they've been so concerned with Walford, and finally now a storyline for Kathy!
I do wonder how this leads to a storyline for Kathy - other than her being unhappy about it of course. But it’s great to see him back - probably EE’s first real villain.

Bit odd of him to only focus on Walford now, considering Kathy was dead for years and he wouldn’t have caused as much of an upset. But that just makes me think that it’s motivated personally towards Kathy which makes it a lot more exciting.

It’s also interesting for Max - his own revenge plot is now caught up in someone else’s revenge plot. Although he didn’t mean to kill Steven, his redemption for at least leaving Jane for dead will be to turn a double bluff hopefully and start working against this family.

Josh looks better with stubble. I always assumed Fi was Fiona. I wouldn’t be surprised if she tries to help the Carters... but it looks like they might lose the pub :-?

Excited for Kathy to take centre stage anyway. There’s a nice number of people who will remember/know of him now - Kathy, Ian, Sharon, Michelle all definitely know him and undoubtably Martin and Phil know of him. Be interesting to see if Ben knows his mother was raped and what he might do if he doesn’t.

But that’s the Beales, Mitchells and Fowlers all caught up in one storyline - what’s not to like :D

I wonder if Jay is involved in this somehow...?
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 pm

It's got the potential to be great, I just hope they don't make a mess of it like they did with the Gavin stuff.
Thriller

Postby SholasBoy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:10 pm

Random point, though probably slightly more interesting than the show all year. But why does Eastenders love the word "poxy" so much? I have never ever said poxy in my life, neither has anyone I've ever known :lol:
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby menime123 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:54 pm

SholasBoy wrote:Random point, though probably slightly more interesting than the show all year. But why does Eastenders love the word "poxy" so much? I have never ever said poxy in my life, neither has anyone I've ever known :lol:
You sure yo ain’t hearing Roxy? :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:54 pm

SholasBoy wrote:Random point, though probably slightly more interesting than the show all year. But why does Eastenders love the word "poxy" so much? I have never ever said poxy in my life, neither has anyone I've ever known :lol:
Shirley, Phil and Ben are the worst offenders but yes, it's been used many times over the years :lol:
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Can't believe that Keanu just asked Janet if she knew what a road was! :o :lol:
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Apparently that episode was Jane's exit, what a terrible exit. I have a feeling she must be back at Christmas to hopefully finish this terrible storyline off. It really is dull as ****. I'd rather watch Denise throwing out pasta than this boring Max stuff.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:50 pm

Well the phone message will eventually be uncovered I'm sure, probably played in the Vic on Christmas Day in front of everybody :lol:
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:52 am

Huge announcement due today apparently.
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:58 am

The bins are being collected?
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:43 am

Thriller wrote:The bins are being collected?
Denny's in the kitchen eating a biscuit?
Spartan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:02 pm

The return of Shirley Benson I heard
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Thriller » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:04 pm

Spartan wrote:
Bubbly's BACK in the fridge!
Thriller

Postby biscuits » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:14 pm

Thriller wrote:
Spartan wrote:
Bubbly's BACK in the fridge!
Never really liked that one. The youth overhyped it too much.

A recent fav is “cheese and pickle? Basic...”
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Thriller » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:19 pm

The rumour mill is suggesting it's Janine or Chrissie. I don't see why Janine would come back - she has no ties in the square. Chrissie could come back to try and make amends/exact revenge on Sharon I guess.
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:26 pm

I'll eat my hat if it's something as big as one of them returning.
Spartan
Legend

Return to TV