EastEnders

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Spartan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Why is Aiden involved in everything?
Was the point of that random girl giving birth to show the audience that Tina has matured? Subtle.
Who’s that chavvy girl flirting with Martin?
Did Bronson ever poop out the White Queen?

Show is a mess.
Spartan
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Spartan wrote:Why is Aiden involved in everything?
Was the point of that random girl giving birth to show the audience that Tina has matured? Subtle.
Who’s that chavvy girl flirting with Martin?
Did Bronson ever poop out the White Queen?

Show is a mess.
Uh and Tina throwing her bracelets away. So cliche..

Also Bronson didn't eat it. It was under her bed. I quite like Bernice to be honest.

I really wanna know what chav girl whispered to Stacey. I imagine some of the other slaters are involved.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Thriller » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:39 pm

Absolute dross all week. Who gives a damn about any of these storylines?! The chess story is worse than any football/bowls/darts thing they've ever done. Vincent is not enough of a well liked character to have so much screen time. Throwing a friend of Zsa Zsa's (a minor character who nobody really remembers) at the Carters to try and develop Tina is lazy and again, pointless. Comes to something when Pearl is the star of the week.

I could happily see the back of at least six characters.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Thriller wrote:Absolute dross all week. Who gives a damn about any of these storylines?! The chess story is worse than any football/bowls/darts thing they've ever done. Vincent is not enough of a well liked character to have so much screen time. Throwing a friend of Zsa Zsa's (a minor character who nobody really remembers) at the Carters to try and develop Tina is lazy and again, pointless. Comes to something when Pearl is the star of the week.

I could happily see the back of at least six characters.
Give it a year or two and Kim’ll not know what’s hit her - that little actress has fire :lol:

It’s been a terrible, honestly end of the road stuff this week. Even Kat’s affair reveal ranks higher than this stuff. Ted and Joyce are such bad characters, Aiden has long outstayed his welcome, Tina grew up last year when she was running the cafe single handed and looking afterward Sylvia on her own (which is why her storyline is stupid) and splitting Martin and Stacey up just feels ridiculously forced and completely out of no where.

I quite like Vincent - but he came in as a bit of an east end gangster, police grass and was from the same school of east end bravado as Phil and Ronnie Mitchell, with a mother of the same mould of Peggy and Pat. Now he’s just a bore running scared of a pensioner with a walking stick. He works as a foil to Kim and the whole comedy commotion that is her life, but this week it’s just plain stupid.

They should of just re-cast Zsa Zsa, and I assume that random woman that sounds like Kathy has been sent by Kat to sort out Martin somehow. I can’t help but think keeping Aiden so long after his original storyline means he’s going to be murdered for a big Christmas whodunnit.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:52 pm

Have they recast Pearl? I swear she grew about a foot overnight, and learnt how to speak.

The show is in dire straits at the moment.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:47 pm

Imagine if it's all a big plot by the BBC to kill it off? It happened to Brookside!
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:11 pm

Thriller wrote:Imagine if it's all a big plot by the BBC to kill it off? It happened to Brookside!
I very much doubt it, considering they’re bringing back some well loved characters (and ditching Alfie is exactly what was needed). It’s just a sad state of affairs at the moment - poor Kathy returned from the dead 3 years ago this month and they still don’t know what to do with her. Fancy coming back from the dead and 3 years later you’ve only done the Nasty with Buster. I’d rather stay dead.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:23 pm

Thriller wrote:Imagine if it's all a big plot by the BBC to kill it off? It happened to Brookside!
It wouldn’t surprise me with the massive turds of storylines we’re getting.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:24 pm

menime123 wrote:
I very much doubt it, considering they’re bringing back some well loved characters (and ditching Alfie is exactly what was needed). It’s just a sad state of affairs at the moment - poor Kathy returned from the dead 3 years ago this month and they still don’t know what to do with her. Fancy coming back from the dead and 3 years later you’ve only done the Nasty with Buster. I’d rather stay dead.
Kathy was good in the JWB plot but suffices as a supporting character. Michelle seems the same at the moment. There’s so much history in these characters yet we get utter dirge like chess and Aiden.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:45 pm

Maybe what we’re seeing was filmed at the start of the year, and all the good characters are on leave still? :lol:

I miss seeing Dot. She’s constantly MIA.
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:46 pm

menime123 wrote:Maybe what we’re seeing was filmed at the start of the year, and all the good characters are on leave still? :lol:

What good characters? I struggle to recall any. :lol:

J/k

I miss Denise and her 23 simultaneous storylines.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:06 pm

Spartan wrote:
menime123 wrote:Maybe what we’re seeing was filmed at the start of the year, and all the good characters are on leave still? :lol:

What good characters? I struggle to recall any. :lol:

J/k

I miss Denise and her 23 simultaneous storylines.
menime123
Legend

Postby Thriller » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:07 pm

The youth in that photo! ^^^ not a day over 65!

I just can't believe how much focus the worst characters are getting right now. You must be right, all the actual actors are on their Christmas holidays still.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Thriller wrote:The youth in that photo! ^^^ not a day over 65!

:lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:19 pm

I sometimes struggle to differentiate between 80s/90s June Brown and Alistair McGowan as Dot.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:27 pm

Tonight’s episode was crap again - I like the idea of Jay and that Keanu being friends, as both need one. More chess though? My god, bring back the bins, all is forgiven.

Aiden mentioning he’s only a cog in a bigger network was interesting though - I wonder if we know someone higher up the ladder? Surely Dan Sullivan is ready for a return - Mel needs a few more faces (he kidnapped her) and Phil framed him for shooting him.
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:09 pm

You know what? I wouldn’t mind this chess storyline if the a-storyline were actually decent at the moment. But the Aiden storyline is so dreadful that I can’t help but feel hatred towards chess. It has potential to work as a c-storyline.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:04 am

So Hayley is a Slater, AKA the worst one they’ve ever introduced. I honest can’t stand her. All I’d forgiven Kyle, come back!
menime123
Legend

Postby Thriller » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:11 pm

FFS. She's totally rank and how are they cousins? Did Jean have siblings?
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:55 pm

I miss Kyle. JK he was awful.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:41 pm

Thriller wrote:FFS. She's totally rank and how are they cousins? Did Jean have siblings?
Can’t be on Jean’s side - Jean only married into The Slaters. From what I remember, Stacey isn’t a full Slater cousin. IIRC, Jean married Charlie’s nephew (she definitely weren’t Charlie’s sister in law), but he wasn’t Harry’s kid... so Charlie must have at least 1 extra sibling who fathered Stacey’s dad. My guess is that this rough old Hayley person is Stacey’s full cousin, meaning her Dad had an unmentioned uncle of Stacey’s?

Who knows. New Mitchells pop up every few years, no reason a random Slater can’t. They’ve cast her very well though, as I think we’re supposed to think very little of her. Most likely gonna enjoyed with Jay or Keanu. Why Martin would even look once - let alone twice - is beyond me.
menime123
Legend

Postby Thriller » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:36 am

Ah yes, it appears Brian Slater was Charlie's sister's son, so it's possible Brian Slater had a brother who fathered this Hayley.

Surely she won't end up with Keanu, he could easily do better! So could Jay actually :lol:
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:37 am

So could Billy Mitchell :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:46 am

So the re-retconned Kim and Denise not being sisters... and are no back to being biological sisters. If only they could fix the rest of the show :lol:

I feel like Linda’s gonna end up killing Aiden.
menime123
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:50 am

menime123 wrote:So the re-retconned Kim and Denise not being sisters... and are no back to being biological sisters. If only they could fix the rest of the show :lol:

I feel like Linda’s gonna end up killing Aiden.
I hope she does. So sick of him now.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Return to TV