RuPaul's Drag Race [General Discussion]

Postby Fan » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:53 am

biscuits wrote:
As long as we don't have to see Cynthia "CuCu" Fontaine again!
Please no :lol:

I'd love to see Milk back for All Stars. Always loved her and felt she was very underrated during her season. Acid Betty would be cool as well, just as Kim Chi, Naomi Smalls and Pearl.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:33 pm

AS1 was such a mess with a horrible winner! Raven, Jujubee and Latrice Royale are much more legendary than boring Chad Michaels
biscuits
The Diva

Postby JimJim » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:41 am

They've definitely got to get Acid Betty and Trixie Mattel back in AS3 together. I'm 100% for Shangela being in it, she just HAS to be - does she still do drag?

Also, I'm more interested to see who they could pull from S6 or prior that hasn't already won or been back. Kinda like how Tatiana came back so many years later.

Then again, we still need to at least get through S10 before that is gonna happen.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby Damiennatas1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Shangela still does drag, I met her in my local a few weeks back. She was lovely!
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby biscuits » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Why is Trixie Matel popular? I assume she's doing some web show?
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Damiennatas1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Trixie is amazing. She really didn't come across so great on the show but she is hilarious on her YouTube show with Katya and in interviews. She tours with her own comedy show too. Watch her RuPaul impressions, they have me in tears :lol:

And also...This :lol:
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby biscuits » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Hmmm, seems as bland as ever to me. She already had her second chance on the show so wouldn't want her back in AS.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Damiennatas1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:17 pm

Bland? Oh, Katya is the one on the right.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Thriller » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Too early for AS3, we need at least one more season.
Thriller

Postby Frederic » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Seeing Alyssa Edwards, Bianca Del Rio, Detox, Trinity Taylor, Latrice Royal, Violet Chachki, Kim Chi and Shangela live tonight (including meet and greet) #WTW 8-)
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby Fan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:28 pm

^^Your picture with Alyssa is so cool! How were the other queens?
I was planning to see them in Rotterdam yesterday, but couldn't make it in the end unfortunately.
Fan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Frederic wrote:Seeing Alyssa Edwards, Bianca Del Rio, Detox, Trinity Taylor, Latrice Royal, Violet Chachki, Kim Chi and Shangela live tonight (including meet and greet) #WTW 8-)
Sounds fun! I would love to meet them
biscuits
The Diva

Postby cristy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:16 pm

Thriller wrote:Too early for AS3, we need at least one more season.
Right on the money. Apparently, AS3 starts filming right after S10.
cristy
Superstar

Postby Plym » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:35 pm

biscuits wrote:Hmmm, seems as bland as ever to me. She already had her second chance on the show so wouldn't want her back in AS.
agree so much, i dont get trixie mattel at all
shangela 100% needs to come back for an as3. she brings drama. hardly anyone post season 6 brought drama.
Plym
Take Care

Postby biscuits » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:20 pm

biscuits wrote:I think S5 is commonly considered the best but it wasn't for me. I remember not really getting into it until a few episodes in. The Coco vs. Alyssa angle was the first time the show felt really scripted to me. Plus it had the worst winner ever so that really dents it. Tbh, I didn't really like anybody in this season
After watching AS2 and re-watching S5, I've changed my view! I still think it felt really scripted (it should have been Alyssa vs. Detox instead of the infamous Alyssa vs. Coco lip-sync battle, but of course that wouldn't have provided as much drama and it was inevitable these 2 queens had to face off at some point), and I will forever always think Jinkx Monsoon is the worst ever contestant.

But it's a really fun series overall! Alyssa, Detox, Alaska, Roxxxy, Coco (basically the AS2 queens) are some of the most memorable contestants ever! The first half of the series is really bogged down by filler queens, such as Honey Mahogany and Vivienne Panay, but once it's down to the final 6, it's a 5* series!

And some of the challenges are better than I remember too.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:30 pm

biscuits wrote:After watching AS2 and re-watching S5, I've changed my view! I still think it felt really scripted (it should have been Alyssa vs. Detox instead of the infamous Alyssa vs. Coco lip-sync battle, but of course that wouldn't have provided as much drama and it was inevitable these 2 queens had to face off at some point), and I will forever always think Jinkx Monsoon is the worst ever contestant.

But it's a really fun series overall! Alyssa, Detox, Alaska, Roxxxy, Coco (basically the AS2 queens) are some of the most memorable contestants ever! The first half of the series is really bogged down by filler queens, such as Honey Mahogany and Vivienne Panay, but once it's down to the final 6, it's a 5* series!

And some of the challenges are better than I remember too.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby biscuits » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Including Season 9 (but still can't rank S1), I have:

1. All Stars 2
2. Season 3
3. Season 4
4. Season 2
5. Season 5
6. Season 6
7. Season 8
8. All Stars 1
9. Season 9
10. Season 7

Season 9 was fine, but just didn't have enough drama and had some whack challenges (didn't like 9021H0 or Kardashian musical). But the worst thing has to be the reintroduction of Cynthia "Cucu" Fontaine! Really pointless. The finale was one of the best though!

Season 7 wasn't bad either, but a lot of the queens weren't that memorable. The scripting was too obvious too, such as Pearl (undeservedly) winning the challenge in the same episode she argued with Ru, or the 'how's your head?' comments with Miss Fame. Didn't really like the winner either. But it gave us the best Snatch Game.

All Stars 1 was cute, but didn't really feel like a season of Drag Race.

Season 8 went really quickly, but Bob made that series quality. I don't get all the love for Naomi Smalls in our survivor though, she was so weak up until the book challenge.

Season 6 had the fewest filler queens I think, which is why I'm surprised that Bianca is the only remaining queen in our survivor. Adore, Courtney, Ben De La Creme, Gia, Milk, Vivacious, Laganja and Trinity are some of the most memorable queens post Season 5. I'm surprised only Adore was selected for AS2. I guess they'll be more in AS3.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:44 pm

My ranking would be something like:

1. AS2
2. S5
3. S6
4. S3
5. S2
6. S4
7. S1 (severely underrated IMO, it had five of the best queens ever, namely Bebe, Nina Flowers, Shannel, Ongina and Tammie Brown)
8. S9
9. S7
10. AS1 (a useless stunt to give Chad Michaels a crown)
11. S8 (the pits)
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Frederic » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:26 pm

biscuits wrote:Season 6 had the fewest filler queens I think, which is why I'm surprised that Bianca is the only remaining queen in our survivor. I'm surprised only Adore was selected for AS2. I guess they'll be more in AS3.
My feelings exactly.
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby Fan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Season 8 has had the best final three for me, when all my favourites got into the final and actually loved all three queens. Glad that Bob won in the end, but Kim Chi and Naomi were so good as well.
Fan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:32 pm

Yeah, season 8 was a good final 3. Although I don't get the love for Naomi Smalls. She was nothing special
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Fan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:43 pm

Naomi wasn't the most exciting contestant, but I really liked her personality. And she has to be one of the best looking queens ever featured on the show, both in and out of drag.
Fan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:38 pm

I'm trying to convince my friend to watch this but she's very stubborn. I sent her the Roxxxy vs. Alyssa lip sync to try persuade her. Any other clips to convert her y'all recommend?
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Ewokguy15 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:05 pm

biscuits wrote:I'm trying to convince my friend to watch this but she's very stubborn. I sent her the Roxxxy vs. Alyssa lip sync to try persuade her. Any other clips to convert her y'all recommend?
The Alyssa VS Tatianna lip sync is pretty legendary!!!

Who are your favourite queens Biscuits? you seem to hate everyone I love!
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby biscuits » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Some of my faves are:
Jujubee
Raja (my #1)
Latrice Royale
Bob The Drag Queen
biscuits
The Diva

Return to TV