The X Factor 2017

Postby Ska8er » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:01 pm

THE X FIXER Simon Cowell bids to save X Factor by cutting live shows, adding stars and holding auditions in a THEME PARK

SIMON Cowell is making sweeping changes to The X Factor in a last-ditch effort to rescue the struggling series.

The live weekend shows will be cut from ten to six with acts voted off on both Saturdays and Sundays meaning “tedious” performance-only Saturday episodes, which got low ratings, will be axed.

Star guest artists will perform on both days and auditions will be held at Thorpe Park in the hope that fun theme park footage will win viewers.

He will discourage novelty acts like Honey G, who came fifth last year as audience figures hit an all-time low and the show was trounced by rival Strictly Come Dancing.

An X Factor source said: “Ratings plummeted and Simon knew a drastic revamp was needed.

“The Saturday night show became so tedious as there was rarely any drama which an eviction would bring.

“ITV believes transforming it is the right decision. It means all singers will perform on both Saturday and Sunday evenings, with acts being eliminated both nights.

“They are doing the Thorpe Park auditions early on too, because producers think the unconventional location will create some funny footage."

“Ultimately, show bosses are determined to make another star."

“They don’t want the show to be a laughing stock again like it was with Honey G.”

Parts of Bootcamp will now be filmed in front of a studio audience.

And Sharon Osbourne, Nicole Scherzinger and Louis Walsh will be back as judges, alongside Simon, 57, when the show returns later this year.

At its peak in 2010 X Factor was watched by 14.13million an episode.

But last year even the final, won by Matt Terry, only attracted 7million.
I doubt this will have any effect on ratings.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Graham76man » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:32 pm

They haven't worked out why they got high ratings in the first place.
The last few series have seen none of the judges slagging off the talent. Simon especially as mellowed out.
How will an episode at a Theme Park help the ratings :roll:
Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!
Graham76man
Manager

Postby biscuits » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:43 pm

They are the ones who put Honey G through and praised her every week.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby MrRager » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:46 pm

So they are not here for novelty acts yet they are filming at a theme park! :lol:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Thriller » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:19 pm

The live shows are the best part of the whole thing, cutting those is the worst choice!
Thriller

Postby Graham76man » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Thriller wrote:The live shows are the best part of the whole thing, cutting those is the worst choice!
Yes that is an error, they won't start them until the 11 and 12 November (assuming the final is on the 17 December). So no Halloween week, they will be still at bootcamp or judges houses that week.
Halloween week is a major theme on the live shows. So that must be a error.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby biscuits » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Thriller wrote:The live shows are the best part of the whole thing, cutting those is the worst choice!
Exactly! The auditions are so tedious now, but they're always the highest rated shows. The live shows are lagging in the ratings.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby MrRager » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:09 pm

Not for me. I lose interest after the Auditions. It drags on so long and for the past 2 years they have basically put all their effort into favouriting one act. It's annoying. So I think cutting the live shows is perfect!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Thriller » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:05 pm

Simon Cowell wrote:"All these crazy things we used to do with themes have gone, no more jukeboxes, none of that rubbish this year.

"The public are smart enough to know what's real – that's what we are focusing on this year."
Just scrap the themes altogether and let each act play to their individual strengths.
Thriller

Postby SholasBoy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Will that mean we'll also lose acts like Reggie n Bollie being unfairly given "Forever Young" as their winners sing
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:13 pm

The scripted talking between contestants before auditioning is the worst thing they ever did. They need to just go back to the old way they did things. The judges need to stop pulling their punches too, it's like they're scared of a bit of controversy. Glad they're getting rid of the novelty acts, though I'll only believe it when I see it. One night a week would be better too.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:27 am

The problem X Factor has is that it's competing directly with the Strictly older audience. Which is the same reason why the acts never do well afterwards anymore. They should try and market it to a younger audience rather than the Mums. But with judges aged 64, 64, 57 and 39, it's not gonna happen.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Mainshow » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:59 pm

Slavko (Eurovision 2017 Montenegro) auditioned and made it through xD
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Thriller » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:33 pm

SholasBoy wrote:The problem X Factor has is that it's competing directly with the Strictly older audience. Which is the same reason why the acts never do well afterwards anymore. They should try and market it to a younger audience rather than the Mums. But with judges aged 64, 64, 57 and 39, it's not gonna happen.
Did you forget the 2015 series? :lol:
Thriller

Postby MrRager » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:11 am

But surely X Factor still can be counted as a success because the Youtube channel gets a shit load of views. People from all over the world watch it.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby westhammer » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:44 pm

They need to do another Popstars: The Rivals - there's no big boy band currently and Little Mix are the only big girl band. I think it has potential to be a massive success like previous
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby Graham76man » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:59 am

westhammer wrote:They need to do another Popstars: The Rivals - there's no big boy band currently and Little Mix are the only big girl band. I think it has potential to be a massive success like previous
I think you might be right there :wink:
The groups that are currently on X-Factor just get voted out by the public each week, due partially to the fact that because there are so many members in a group it's hard for the public to focus on any member publicity wise, which needed to get votes. With only groups it would level the playing field.

The biggest problem X-Factor has is finding people who can have success after the show. They need to put back the talent, not just someone who can sing really good. They need to play instruments and write their own material too.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby croatiaxtina » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:03 pm

Mainshow wrote:Slavko (Eurovision 2017 Montenegro) auditioned and made it through xD
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: awful but X factor became that. Real trash
croatiaxtina
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:54 am

There is a huge gap for a new boyband and girlband, so another Rivals series would easily work. I think it's about time X Factor pushed for another group win seeing as there hasn't been one in almost six years.
Thriller

Postby xtofer » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:12 pm

Looks like this guy from my home city and his boyband made it through based on his recent tweet and even mentioning the venue makes me think they reached at least the 6 chair. I follow him on Instagram and i've seen him going back and forth to London twice this year probably for the audition and bootcamp. This year's 4th Impact, I guess?
xtofer
Legend

Postby Graham76man » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:03 pm

I don't know why they don't do live auditions, that would be something :wink:
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Graham76man » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:26 am

Nobody watching? :-?

Grace stands out a mile above the rest. Her song Roots has clearly not been recorded yet as it would be in the chart by now.

The young 15 year old lass' Grandad, looks like my dad :o :-?

The lad with the black eye, what he sang (by Julia Michaels) is nearly top ten on iTunes!
The Group who sang first Rak-Su and an original song is number 54.

At least they have stuck with the closed room auditions. But the constant gossip of the contestants is annoying.

I see also Talk Talk have pulled out of sponsoring them. Haven't they done it from the start as well? I can see the singing pizza driver being very annoying as the series runs.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby crazycool » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:41 am

The auditions are usually my least favourite episodes of the series, but I really enjoyed yesterday. There were a few fun acts but no really annoying jokey acts, which I really appreciated!
Grace is super talented.
I didn't think the boy duo from Oxford university were that great though.
crazycool
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Not watching the TV programme, but caught up on everything on YouTube.

LOVED Kayleigh so much - I live for voices like that, and I love a feel-good story.

LOVED Anthony's voice as well (the guy with the black eye) - what is that song? Never heard it - is it an original song?

Opposite to Simon - I preferred Rak-Su's first song to their second song.

Holly sang a song which I think 75% of people could sing well - but she didn't take it to the next level, it's such a karaoke song.

Really liked Jack and Joel - do get very slight Christopher Maloney vibes from Jack though. :oops:

Grace was phenomenal - that is one brilliant song. That said, she has a couple of vocal inflections I don't like (she forces a crack in the middle of words and she mixes in her head voice) - but such minor gripes - she's super talented.

Also, anyone want to bet how many Ed Sheeran songs we'll hear this year? :roll:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Here's the audio of Roots...

Wayne
Administrator

Return to TV