The X Factor 2017

Postby RockTheBoat » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:30 pm

Biebz wrote:I agree with Thriller, it's incredibly obvious who the producers want to win. The others almost don't stand a chance. Just give the crown to Grace and call it day, we all know she'll win anyway.

The whole sing-off thing was a disaster and completely pointless, especially having them sing the same songs. I was tempted to turn it off once I found out who went home. The viewing figures for this season are going to be diabolical, they've tried to freshen the live shows up and somehow made them worse.
Yep, this whole sing off to win a prize thing is stupid and pointless. Who cares who gets to go and see Pink in New York?! It was literally half an hour of the Sunday show that wasn’t needed. Thalia was announced as going home and then we had to put up with a sing off (of exactly the same songs) for no reason. Trying too hard to freshen things up.
Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.
RockTheBoat
Manager

Postby Graham76man » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:24 am

Rak-Su had another brilliant performance and it was straight in at 9 on the iTunes chart. Meanwhile last week's single hurtles back inside the top ten after a fall to 37.
Lloyds - Hero is the next up at 104, but climbing fast.

Simon back and being highly critical of some of the acts.
This week's price is a chance to record a single with a well known producer.

Once again the Wild Card has gone! Cruel voting public eh :wink:
Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!
Graham76man
Manager

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:09 am

Rak-Su where amazing. They know how to write a hit. I would listen to that again and again!!

They are the only ones I really remember. I like Jack and Joel and even though most people hated it. I really enjoyed La Bamba.

Does anyone know who the song writer is for the prize? Is it Savan Kotecha?
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby Thriller » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:09 am

Cringing hard that they were making all the acts shoe horn Spanish lyrics into their songs.

Jack from Jack & Joel has such a punchable face :lol: Poor Leon tried to put some personality in that but his voice couldn't carry it. Sean and Conor were painfully bad, why did nobody on the show realise that? Lloyd totally didn't fit the theme but he sang perfectly.

I still really like The Cutkelvins but that performance was too busy and didn't show off her voice at all. Rak-Su just so happened to have a Latin song up their sleeve... yeah right :roll: just give them the win now. The show is so biased toward them. It was such a basic track. Sam is just a poor man's Olly Murs with twig legs.
Thriller

Postby JakeP » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Last nights show was a disaster. :lol:

That said, i'm really warming to Lloyd as he's been amazing now for two weeks running. I was surprised Rak-Su won the public vote as i didn't think their song was that special. :-?

I'm still hoping Grace wins. <3
JakeP
Manager

Postby Thriller » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:16 pm

OMG at Tracyleanne mumbling her way through Ain't Your Mama :lol: fantastic song but it did nothing for her.
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:41 pm

The best contestant of the whole weekend was easily Kevin! He's the dark horse this year.
Thriller

Postby Graham76man » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:50 pm

So Grace didn't top the vote. Could she be in trouble? That was a wasted opportunity for her with the competition this week. Bad choice of song for her too.

Terrible theme this week. Only Kevin's was any good.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Thriller » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Hilarious that Kevin won that prize when it was obviously engineered for Rak-Su :lol: :lol: :lol: Simon's face was a picture!

It was obvious Tracyleanne was going after such a daft song choice.
Thriller

Postby Graham76man » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Thriller wrote:Hilarious that Kevin won that prize when it was obviously engineered for Rak-Su :lol: :lol: :lol: Simon's face was a picture!

It was obvious Tracyleanne was going after such a daft song choice.
I don't think it was engineered for any act, but clearly Simon was very disappointed it went to Kevin. But that was his fault for picking the theme this week.
George Michael week :o How the hell does anyone sing an original song with that theme. Unless they do a tribute to him?
A double elimination :roll: Why?
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Thriller » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Of course it was! Rak-Su and Grace are the chose ones. Grace won last week, they thought Rak-Su would nail it this week.

George Michael theme is great, I hope it's all covers. I imagine Lloyd and Kevin will do well if they get given ballads, alongside three of the girls - it's only Rae-Elle I think might struggle with that. So I hope we see the back of Sam and those brothers seeing as four acts are going.
Thriller

Postby Graham76man » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:30 pm

Rak-Su doing well in iTunes at 3 and 4

Kevin made number 10. Grace climbed back to 20 and despite what Simon said about her not making iTunes she landed at 38.
Also in the 100 for the first time Holly and Rai-Elle Williams, 76 and 83.
Matt Linnen the heart throb of the show is also in at 61.
Lloyd was at 94 on Sunday, but is now out of the 100.
Full list of those that have made the 1500 on iTunes on the iTunes thread.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby JakeP » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Why did both Rak-Su songs suddenly climb back up iTunes? I can understand the song they did at on Saturday night charting high as it would be fresh in people's minds, but that doesn't really explain why the first song received such a boost.

I agree with Thriller that Kevin was great last night, but i wouldn't say he's a contender to win. He was the best of a bad bunch and i found the majority of the performances over the two nights were dreadful to some extent.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Graham76man » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Rak-Su tracks both doing well are the result of their successful performance. It created a demand for both recordings. The same happened with Grace, but as she picked a rubbish song to sing (with the voting public anyway) she did not get the buzz and so it only climbed half of what it would have done had she won the Sunday night.

As for ruling out Kevin, and to come to think of it Matt Linnen, the problem is that it is a voting show not a good music or sales show. So it is possible to win the show even if your not that good a performer. As Simon found out Sunday night, when he thought Rak-Su would win that prize.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Graham76man » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:24 pm

No double elimination! Simon changed his mind.

Kevin will easily top the vote and Rak-Su will do well. Matt should stay in. All the rest could go, the Cutkelvins hopefully will stay.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Thriller » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Jack and Joel were much better than those brothers, they're crap.

I hated what Rak-Su did to their song, it was practically an original.
Thriller

Postby Graham76man » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:46 pm

I think the public are just picking on Simon now for selecting who will win the prize each week! Both the winners are not good supporting acts for Little Mix. I can imagine the girls are going "really".
I wonder if the shorter vote time on Sunday is fair on the acts? 14 minutes to vote Saturday and 5 on Sunday. You have to be twice as quick to vote on Sunday then you do the day before.
Next week they are having the double eviction - two out each day. At least the theme is not specific, which means they have much wider range of songs to choose.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Graham76man » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:53 am

Just look how low this marvellous performance is in the iTunes chart :o

949 Alisah Bonaobra - This Is My Now (X Factor Recording)
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Thriller » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:31 pm

I can't believe Sam Black is still in this, he's one of the worst vocalists they've ever had in the live shows.
Thriller

Postby aaliyahman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:34 pm

I absolutely hate this year with a passion. I like Grace and Elisah but nowhere near enough to watch this show live.

Those cretin brothers? Jack and Joel? That lad from the Isle of Man who cannot sing and looks like a jackal yet is so arrgogant when getting through.

Katsu curry do have good original songs but drops that weird dude who can't sing and can't dance. The hot guy is hot till he opens his mouth and does the 'he he I rapping mummy' face.

Kevin has the most talent but won't go anywhere on a dead show like this.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:35 pm

A jackal! :lol: I know, I hate his reactions. Mate, you'll be back scaffolding before Christmas.

I hated Grace's performance last week, her vocal inflections did not suit the song and made it hard to listen to.
Thriller

Postby aaliyahman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:15 pm

I think they’ve ruined Grace as she was stunning when performing her own songs. Yet she can’t continue doing that as, ‘there’s the album everyone’.

I don’t know how she can maintain her quality if she’s doing covers? Perhaps London Grammar or Robyn as choices?
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:34 pm

I actually didn't mind the Anne Marie performance. She doesn't always have to do ballads.
Thriller

Postby aaliyahman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:45 pm

Yesss the Jackal and the two hyenas. Buh bye
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Graham76man » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:13 am

They are advertising for next year so we have got to put up with it a bit longer.
Why is it that Rak-Su always seem to be on the Saturday and Grace always on a Sunday. I don't get that!
Graham76man
Manager

Return to TV