The X Factor 2017

Postby Thriller » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:47 pm

The Filipino woman singing Shirley Bassey while Nicole and Alesha writhe around behind her :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:50 am

Jack & Joel could be quite an exciting act:

Thriller

Postby MrRager » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:33 pm

Grace, Holly and that girl that sang Say Something are the only ones that seem like they could get a hit so far.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:56 pm

Really liked the girl that sang "Purple Rain" and the one who sang "If I Ain't Got You".

Loved the song Rak-Su sang, I downloaded it straight away. It seemed like it was set up that they would be stopped during "Senorita" in order to sing that song though.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby xtofer » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 am

Liking Jack & Joel so far mainly because of the one playing the guitar.

Grace Davies is great and I get an Ella Henderson vibe from her. They will definitely make use of her original songs throughout the series.

The girl that sang "Say Something" was good too but I have a feeling she will be another Jade Richards, amazing but they wouldn't ever take her to the live shows.
xtofer
Legend

Postby Graham76man » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am

Not much happened this week, except Simon getting wet on the theme park ride.
One good singer the lass who did Kelly Clarkson, but very much in need of a makeover! The group that did Naughty Boy were not bad, but I don't think they will get through.
Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Thriller » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:36 am

I can't believe the Kelly Clarkson girl was only 20, she looked 35.

Why they bothered to ask that single father to come back I don't know, he was never going to be good enough.

I liked the family with the girl from Neon Jungle in.
Thriller

Postby Wayne » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:42 am

Ratings wise, Strictly peaked with 9.5m and X Factor peaked with 6.8m.

There is a 40 minute overlap though but basically, looks like Strictly will kick Simon's arse again like in previous years.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Thriller » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am

And it was only the introductory episode for Strictly! It will definitely trounce it.
Thriller

Postby Ska8er » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:57 am

Are the auditions good? Thinking about skipping them this year and going straight to bootcamp.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:38 pm

Can't believe our very own biscuits appeared on last night's show! Kept that quiet diva! :o
Thriller

Postby biscuits » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:39 pm

?
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Hawww I've just seen! I don't have a C though sugar :wink:
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Ok, first I only saw the name. But now I've watched the audition :lol:

He called himself diva :lol:
biscuits
The Diva

Postby spiritboy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think i'll quit watching it this year. 4 auditions in and there isn't anyone who wowed me so far.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Graham76man » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:07 pm

spiritboy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I think i'll quit watching it this year. 4 auditions in and there isn't anyone who wowed me so far.
It's probably at the point that any really good singers will have worked out that the show is not worth bothering with and don't want the strict rules that Simon has on the contestants.
But you can't help hoping that someone who hasn't got the wisdom to avoid the show like the plague and a really good singer will still show up.
So far only the few on the first show are any good. The rest are Ed Sheeran and Adele clones.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Thriller » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:08 am

There's something about the show this year that feels... empty. I don't know if it's just me but if they took it off air next week I would barely notice or care. This weekend's auditions were 95% dross.
Thriller

Postby JakeP » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:15 pm

I prefer watching the performances on YouTube. I don't even bother with the pre-build up and the judges comments afterwards. I judge each performance on the singing, no back story, no judges brainwashing me into thinking a particularly way.

So all that said, my absolute favourites so far are:

1. Grace Davies whose song Roots got me all overcome with emotion. How amazing is this song? :cry: <3

2. Sean & Conor who were on last night gave a really solid performance. Conor has an amazing voice and is also cute! :P

3. Aidan Martin who i thought was gonna be a novelty act but his performance really impressed me.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Graham76man » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:43 pm

Thriller wrote:There's something about the show this year that feels... empty. I don't know if it's just me but if they took it off air next week I would barely notice or care. This weekend's auditions were 95% dross.
I know what you mean :wink:

One of the things it might be is that the audition room looks the same everywhere they go. It's like they have lost interest in where a contestant comes from. You get an Irish accent, then somebody from Scotland, then a somebody from Liverpool and then Americans all in one episode!

You see thousands turn up to the place, there still seeing people in the night, but there is no context. It would help if we knew how many were sent to bootcamp, even a number for that day. They could have a caption for the contestants "audition 256 Manchester" for example.
Even some indication like they sat through 180 auditions without sending one through to bootcamp.
What's more off putting is the contestants talking to each other. It seems fake, there's a camera crew infront of them and they talk about being nervous!
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Thriller » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:19 pm

I hate the Gogglebox aspect of it, so cringe! Everything the contestants say is spoon-fed to them by the producers and the judges will be prepped in advance to ask the right questions in order to draw out their sob story/USP. There's nothing genuine left about the show anymore.
Thriller

Postby JakeP » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:27 pm

LOL i totally agree about that. Though tbh i first noticed this on Britains got talent. :lol:

I don't really understand why they felt they needed to bring in that aspect. When it first started in 2004 the auditionees were all sat in a row outside the audition room and went in one at a time, but whilst they sat outside they were just sat there staring into space. There were no friends or family there, if the act was successful it showed them talking to their family on the phone afterwards i.e. it looked more realistic (because it was :P ).

But it says a lot when The x factor is taking elements of different tv shows to create its concept. It's like a witches cauldron! :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby muzik_biz_wiz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:15 am

I just think the show would serve better alternating years with the voice. Little Mix, Olly Murs and 1D are the only acts in 13 years to not either be dropped or have rapid sales decreases.

For me Season 8 was a chance to revive things because all 3 new judges seemed to want to do it as a talent search not a variety hour.... all of the current judges are actors.
Uk the only way
muzik_biz_wiz
Manager

Postby Thriller » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:52 am

I said years ago they should rest it, or do alternate years. Everything has a shelf life and X Factor haven't done enough to keep the show fresh to justify keeping it on air.
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:34 pm

Auditions are done and it's a bit of a poor year talent-wise. I really liked Berget at the end of tonight's show but we've seen it all a hundred times. If they give her less cliched song choices then she might stand a chance of being amazing.
Thriller

Postby Wayne » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:38 pm

Strictly Come Dancing cha-chas all over The X Factor which suffers worst ratings ever

Strictly Come Dancing has returned to the BBC – and tangoed, cha-cha’d and salsa’d it’s way all over The X Factor which was the least watched episode in it’s entire 13-year history.

The BBC dancing show received an average of 9.3 million viewers – it was the first live episode of the new series, airing for nearly two and a half hours, and it peaked with 10.2 million viewers, making it Saturday’s most-watched programme of the day.

Over on ITV, The X Factor – which overlapped with Strictly for 45 minutes – was watched by an average of 4.8 million and a peak of 6 million, according to overnight data.

These figures do not take into account viewers who watch the episodes on catch up; The X Factor is currently averaging 7.5 million viewers per episode based on consolidated ratings.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/24/strictly- ... z4tdAJSgqe
Wayne
Administrator

Return to TV