The X Factor 2017

Postby Thriller » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:45 pm

The show is very much a catch-up show now, most people I know always watch it on a Sunday morning. Strictly appeals much more to those who are staying on a Saturday and it's just a much better show.
Thriller

Postby Mainshow » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:46 pm

No. Simply, no.

#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Graham76man » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:17 pm

Well it seems that the best auditions came in on the first Saturday and Sunday when the series started.
By the look of this series and the auditions we have seen, the groups seems to be far the weakest ever.
It does seem that all you need do at an audition is sing something that the judges like and be certain to be entertaining with them, especially Nicole, who's on a different planet to the rest of us. What drugs is she on?

What the hell was going on tonight with the ABBA song and old women! They got through :roll: :roll:
Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Thriller » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:02 am

I feel like everybody got through this year because there were so few contestants! I wouldn't be surprised to see them form a girl and boy band again this year to put through.
Thriller

Postby Colbie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:17 am

Nooo Slavkoo :lol: :lol:

Btw Bergit Lewis (the Duthie who sang Purple Rain) did amazing! Already know her
Starry eyes sparking up my darkest night
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Graham76man » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:33 pm

Thriller wrote:I feel like everybody got through this year because there were so few contestants! I wouldn't be surprised to see them form a girl and boy band again this year to put through.
I think they made it look like there was fewer contestants, simply because they let the auditionees go on for ages. One person for the first quarter of the show or later quarters was not uncommon.
I saw lots of people in the crowds and sometimes talking and they were not shown at all. Last night I think there was at least 3 girl groups visible and not one appeared.
It's possible that they have not shown all the contestants that got passed to boot camp and we might pick up on some when Boot Camp starts. I can't recall many girl groups going through, so we shall see if more did.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Thriller » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Yeah we do always end up with a few randoms at six chair challenge where you're thinking "where did they come from?".
Thriller

Postby Wayne » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Just caught up on this performance, loved it.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby JakeP » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:48 pm

Every time i see someone perform Purple rain these days, i instantly think of Ruth Lorenzo. She did this performance first and it was better than all the imitators i've seen since! :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby Thriller » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 am

Agree, nobody has ever performed it as well as Ruth did.
Thriller

Postby Graham76man » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm surprised at some of the judges choices before the live audience section. They chucked out some good singers and picked ones that didn't perform too well. Often in the same section!
The confident girl who sang the Megan Tranior song, was clearly going to come unstuck, even though she was a decent singer. The audience went quite as a mouse after her performance. Even if she had go through the viewing public would have not liked her attitude and she would have got a lot of bad press from being on the show. I don't think she will have an easy ride (following that) from the public.

There was one group of singers with an older guy. We never saw him perform, although all the rest were featured. And we saw him looking gobsmacked as the other three got through. But presumably he didn't, as he was never seen again. :lol:

There's an awful lot of footage from that round that went on the cutting room floor. They did give us a clue as some of the contestant were shown doing the auditions at lighting speed. Don't know what the point of doing that is for though :roll:
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Graham76man » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:45 am

Sunday saw a live proposal on stage for the young man with a baby, who sang old songs. But the judges didn't like that and he got a yes from his girl and a no from the judges.
The youngest girl in the competition turned 16 and got a pass to the next stage plus 4,000 people singing happy birthday :P
Several acts tried original songs, but only one got a pass to the next stage.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Thriller » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:33 pm

I agree, very hard to keep up with who was in and out as they were whizzing through so much of it.

I really like the girl who sang Luther Vandross, although her image change was a bit drastic, she looked much better before!
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Not that the mentor roles mean anything anymore since the producers steer the whole show but...

Simon: Groups
Nicole: Overs
Sharon: Girls
Louis: Boys

There are enough good groups in there to make a solid final line-up and the overs category is stronger than it has been in a while.

Grace Davis is the closest they've got to a credible star (based on what we've seen so far) - she knows how to write a song. Her audition song would be a streaming smash.

I'm disappointed they've not shown us more of Jack & Joe or the girl who wears the hoop earrings and headscarf yet.

That guy from Liverpool puts me on edge, he'd be a car crash.
Thriller

Postby Graham76man » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:13 am

Jack and Joe did appear for a short while, talking about something. I think the headscarf girl got eliminated last week.

Hannah who sang her own song is clearly going to be a favourite.
Rak-Su are the best group, but the fact that they don't like doing other people's songs might be a problem on the live shows. If the public don't know the song it might mean less phone votes. That's assuming they have a choice and they are not too good performing other people songs, as they admit. So the song choice has to be good for them to win.

Nobody wanted the girls, but I think they are the best section.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Thriller » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:47 am

Graham76man wrote:Jack and Joe did appear for a short while, talking about something. I think the headscarf girl got eliminated last week.
I know, I saw them talk but I wanted to see them perform again. The headscarf girl was stood with the overs so she's definitely in six chair challenge but we haven't seen her since her audition!
Thriller

Postby Graham76man » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:27 pm

Where did I get Hannah from? :roll: It was Grace who was the best of the bunch. In Sharon's camp she is far the best. And the talent. We have heard several original songs from her already and each one has been fantastic. She must have got at least an entire album of songs before they start!
It's amazing why a record company hasn't signed her up ages ago. I think she could win the show.

What was the point of having Sharon sat on her own? All the judges still had their say. Wouldn't it be better for to have only judge, who is picking? Simon has too much say, or he seemed to tonight.

I would say that 3 of the girls that went home were strong enough for the competition. But since only 3 or 4 will go to the live shows it still going to be tough. Simon did say they were going to make a girl group out of them that were evicted.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby westhammer » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:39 pm

The 6 chair challenge was very intense tonight. There's a lot of talent in the girls section!
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby Thriller » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:04 am

I can't believe Sharon ejected Shanaya for somebody so bang average and forgettable who was ejected straight away anyway! The cynic in me wonders if the producers did it on purpose so she comes back next year with a redemption arc.

I really did not like Scarlet, she's too gobby and her make-up is awful - thank god she's gone. I love Deanna from Anguilla, she's stunning and like a young Alicia Keys #louiswalsh. I don't even remember seeing this Georgina before, I thought she was just OK.

I wish Sharon had stuck to her guns and ejected the little Asian girl, she was very old-fashioned in her style. They shouldn't be allowed to bring them back once they've been ejected.

I would choose Grace, Deanna and Holly as Sharon's final three. Just give Grace the recording contract now, she's ready to go!
Thriller

Postby Graham76man » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:37 pm

I think Nicole's been having a bit too much Mula Light :roll: It's clearly made her lightheaded :lol:
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Graham76man » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:26 pm

Apparently that Liverpool lad Anthony has either quit or been kicked off.
So that could mean that Benji is brought back. He deserved a place.

It was obvious that Nicole was going to put the ponytail man through. Even though he will either get chucked out at Judges houses, which I wouldn't bet on, or more likely in the live shows.

Though he was a decent singer the 71 year old bloke had no chance of lasting in the show. I am surprised she gave him a chair at all.
I am glad the tattoo lad got the push. Decent singer or not those tats put me right off him.
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Thriller » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:51 pm

The guy who sang Stop Me was awful, he was out of breath and performed so awkwardly!

What was Nicole doing leaving the old black guy and him with the hairpiece sat there for so long while she kicked out talented singers?

It's a big shame if Anthony is out as he has the best male voice in the show. I love how he worked on composing himself in this round (though the suit was unnecessary).

As if they've brought someone back who didn't even have to take part in six chair, AGAIN! They do it every bloody year :roll: I didn't rate Sam Black at all, he's an Olly wannabe.
Thriller

Postby JakeP » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:17 am

I still think Grace (by a country mile), Aidan (comfortable second) and Sean & Conor are the best acts this year.

That said, i feel like this series is just going to do the same way as the last few series; downhill. Last year was a disaster and 2017 could be a repeat of that. :(
JakeP
Manager

Postby Thriller » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Last year had Saara Alto, I can't see myself rooting for anyone like that this year.
Thriller

Postby Graham76man » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:51 pm

The most positive thing about this year is the allowing and increased use of contestants own songs. If that continues in the live shows then it will great for music. Of course it will be hard on those who don't write their own material, but that is the way that things are shaping up in the music industry these days.
Graham76man
Manager

Return to TV