RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 10 [Spoilers]

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby beredy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:08 pm

I just want to voice (again) the fact that I will miss Dusty a lot. Such a cutie and amazing person for having been through a lot. This season is not playing with filler queens. 4 episodes in and there are already big casualties.

Oh, and I really hope that they do Miss Vanjie thing during make-up for every single episode. It has become such a staple and it would be a shame if they didn't make it into a running gag.
beredy
Manager

Postby xtofer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:17 pm

Dusty is definitely a cutie out of drag and will definitely miss seeing him. However, his fashion is most of the time questionable. The momager wig on this episode is giving me nightmares!
xtofer
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:20 pm

There may not be many filler queens but it’s obvious who won’t win (Kameron, Monique, Vixen, Eureka...)
biscuits
The Diva

Postby beredy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:22 pm

biscuits wrote:There may not be many filler queens but it’s obvious who won’t win (Kameron, Monique, Vixen, Eureka...)
That's a completely different thing (the editing and confessionals point to possible winners). But in every previous season the real contest started about halfway through the season once the filler queens with debatable taste were sashayed away. Every remaining queen now showed either acting, comedic or fashion talent. The road ahead won't be easy for anyone I think.
beredy
Manager

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:25 pm

biscuits wrote:There may not be many filler queens but it’s obvious who won’t win (Kameron, Monique, Vixen, Eureka...)
I think it's between Miz Cracker, Aquaria and Asia, judging by the edit.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:31 pm

Anything can happen. I can't call a winner this early. Sometimes the show surprises you.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby biscuits » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:33 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:
I think it's between Miz Cracker, Aquaria and Asia, judging by the edit.
I wonder if they’ll do a Cracker vs. Aquaria lip sync in the semi final
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:36 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:Anything can happen. I can't call a winner this early. Sometimes the show surprises you.
Unfortunately for me, I already knew the winners of S3, AS1, S6, S7, AS2, S8 and S5 (through deduction) before I watched them so I haven’t had the chance to be surprised very often
biscuits
The Diva

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Monét's lipsync may have become my favourite from the show ever. I am still shooketh.

I relate so much to the screams at 1:14-1:18
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby xtofer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:19 am

I might have watched the lipsync like a hundred times already!
That part where Monet was dancing like her life depended on it and she takes a quick look at Dusty doing a running man! :lol:
xtofer
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:53 pm

I'm really enjoying this season, the cast is strong. Most of the episodes have been interesting, the Untucked have been on fire and the lip sync has had at least one person every week absolutely killing it, Kalorie to a lesser degree but Eureka, Mayhem and Monet have turned it OUT.

This week, Aquaria deserved the win. She's not my favourite by any stretch, though she is growing on me, but she smashed it. Cracker - who IS one of my favourites - I honestly thought was closer to terrible than amazing, that merkin wig thing was diabolical.
Can't believe I've read Eureka was lucky to escape the bottom. To my mind she was unlucky not to be top 3. I think people let their opinions of her personality get in the way - apart from the obvious week two cock up I would say she's been much nearer the high end than the low end so far, though I hope for an undeniable great week,

My rankings overall ATM
01. Monique - I just love her talking heads and she's been pretty solid, there's a bit of delusion about some of her looks but her feather one was everything
02. Blair - I was not expecting to Stan but she's been solid as hell
03. Eureka
04. Cracker - but I need her to step up her performances, glimmers of greatness
05. Mayhem - I want her to repeak, I warm to her a lot
06. Asia - a rollercoaster journey, I live for her when she gets hysterical bout the sponges or the accent thing
07. Monet - her drag looks are mostly appalling but she showed star quality this week and is a very warm talking head
08. Aquaria - her personality is taking some time with me but she undoubtedly has some talent
09. Kameron - some surprisingly great looks, but not giving me much more
10. Vixen - GREAT entertainment but I am not convinced on her looks whatsoever.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby biscuits » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Instagram followers after episode 4

Spoiler:
Aquaria - 434K (+37K)
Miz Cracker - 383K (+52K)
Kameron Michaels - 256K (+29K)
Eureka - 241K (+11K)
Blair St. Clair - 225K (+43K)
Monet X Change - 183K (+27K)
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo - 175K (+26K)
Dusty Ray Bottoms - 159K (+32K)
Mayhem Miller - 146K (+12K)
Yuhua Hamasaki - 141K (+5K)
Asia O'Hara - 113K (+23.9K)
The Vixen - 105K (+14.5K)
Monique Heart - 95.9K (+19.1K)
Kalorie Karbdashian Williams - 93.2K (+7K)

Most queens saw a similar increase to the previous week. Miz Cracker again sees the largest increase, with over 50K new followers. Dusty Ray gets a huge elimination boost, while Asia's victory last week saw a surge. The Vixen is proving to be unpopular. Kameron Michaels overtakes Eureka.

New followers in the past week
1. Miz Cracker
2. Blair St. Clair
3. Aquaria
4. Dusty Ray Bottoms
5. Kameron Michaels
6. Monet X Change
7. Vanessa Vanjie Mateo
8. Asia O'Hara
9. Monique Heart
10. The Vixen
11. Mayhem Miller
12. Eureka
13. Kalorie Karbdahian Williams
14. Yuhua Hamasaki

White queens on top again!
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Thriller » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Miz Cracker needs to shine soon, she's not lived up to the first episode but I liked the space outfit.

I loved the reactions when Monet mentioned the British accent thing (which apparently is true!)
Thriller

Postby aaliyahman » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:52 pm

biscuits wrote:Instagram followers after episode 4

Spoiler:
Aquaria - 434K (+37K)
Miz Cracker - 383K (+52K)
Kameron Michaels - 256K (+29K)
Eureka - 241K (+11K)
Blair St. Clair - 225K (+43K)
Monet X Change - 183K (+27K)
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo - 175K (+26K)
Dusty Ray Bottoms - 159K (+32K)
Mayhem Miller - 146K (+12K)
Yuhua Hamasaki - 141K (+5K)
Asia O'Hara - 113K (+23.9K)
The Vixen - 105K (+14.5K)
Monique Heart - 95.9K (+19.1K)
Kalorie Karbdashian Williams - 93.2K (+7K)

Most queens saw a similar increase to the previous week. Miz Cracker again sees the largest increase, with over 50K new followers. Dusty Ray gets a huge elimination boost, while Asia's victory last week saw a surge. The Vixen is proving to be unpopular. Kameron Michaels overtakes Eureka.

New followers in the past week
1. Miz Cracker
2. Blair St. Clair
3. Aquaria
4. Dusty Ray Bottoms
5. Kameron Michaels
6. Monet X Change
7. Vanessa Vanjie Mateo
8. Asia O'Hara
9. Monique Heart
10. The Vixen
11. Mayhem Miller
12. Eureka
13. Kalorie Karbdahian Williams
14. Yuhua Hamasaki

White queens on top again!
Aquaria was also on The Real Housewives of New York named at a party there so that will have helped!
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby biscuits » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:34 pm

Shania Twain is a guest judge this week.

Let me guess, she is Eureka’s idol.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:31 pm

biscuits
The Diva

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 pm

^ I cringe all the way through that video, it was such an unnecessary fight from both parts.

Anyway, I can't wait for this week's episode. I need Cracker to finally win a challenge (disclaimer: don't call it a spoiler if she does, I don't know anything sistrens)
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:37 am

So they're giving Cracker the S8 Thorgy edit :(
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:55 am

The episode was not as good as the previous ones, IMO.
Thank God Cracker, Eureka and Monique delivered show-stopping performances. I personally would have given the win to Cracker, but I can see why they let Eureka win, she needed this more than Cracker.

The lipsync was awful, and that's unfortunate, cause Man! I Feel Like a Woman is like my #1 lipsync song. They should have both sashayed.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby biscuits » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Meh episode. Nobody made me laugh and a lot of the episode felt fixed - from Vixen winning the mini challenge to Eureka winning the main challenge.

Monet was a hot mess in that lip sync but Mayhem deserves to go. She’s been invisible since week 1.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby JimJim » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:36 pm

Not the best episode, nearly every Bossy Rossy segment fell flat. Also, this episode made me realise that denim and diamonds is a very unflattering look :lol:

Monet is hanging in by the skin of her teeth. She is likeable in the workroom and talking head, but it just doesn't seem to translate into the maxi challenges or runway. Her lip-sync was definitely entertaining, but there was a slight feel of desperation/defeat about it?
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby SholasBoy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:42 pm

I didn't really understand what the challenge was supposed to be, what kind of talent was it supposed to show, or what was the relevance of it? The baby section was just very strange. I wanted Mayhem to stay, only because I still don't know the difference between Monet and Monique and that would've made it easier for me, but I don't understand how in season 10 a queen thinks they're gonna get through a lipsync but just dancing a bit and waving their arms in the air.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby JimJim » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:40 am

SholasBoy wrote:I didn't really understand what the challenge was supposed to be, what kind of talent was it supposed to show, or what was the relevance of it?
It was meant to be a mix of improv and parody, but most of the queens fell flat.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby biscuits » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:12 am

I don’t really like Miz Cracker but it’s obvious she’s going to win IMO
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:14 am

Monet and Asia’s little chat on Untucked (which lasted about 20 seconds) was so emotional and genuine. Way more than anything else I’ve seen, such as Miz Cracker’s ‘I hate myself’ Speech
biscuits
The Diva

Return to TV