Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:32 pm

RESERVED: Potential DEBUT
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:37 pm

I know it's very early to have opened a thread for the 2019 edition of the Eurovision Song Contest; especially since Eurovision 2018 in Portugal is still 6 months away but we already have very promising news regarding the 2019 edition!

Image Liechtenstein: 1FLTV Plans Eurovision Debut in 2019

1FLTV the only television broadcast in Liechtenstein, states that they are planning to debut in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2019.

In a press release this week, 1FLTV confirmed that preparations are underway for Liechtenstein to make their Eurovision debut in 2019. Peter Kölbel the Head of 1FLTV stated that discussions are underway with the European Broadcasting Union about gaining membership, which would enable the broadcaster to take part in the Eurovision Song Contest.

1FLTV has set the target of debuting in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2019 as it would mark 300 years since the formation of the country. In 1719 the Holy Roman Emporer decreed that the counties of Vaduz and Schellenberg be promoted to a principality with the name Liechtenstein, paving the way for the country in its current form today.

Mr Kölbel said that he expected fees for membership to total around 350,000 Swiss Francs (300,000 Euro). Funding for EBU membership would come from Liechtenstein marketing, foundations and the public sector. Negotiations with organisations within the country are set to start next week.

Plans are also underway for a national selection process which would begin in 2018 to select both the singer and the song for the competition in 2019. The contest which for now has been named the “Liechtenstein Music Contest” would be organised by 1FLTV.

Local media however are skeptical as to whether 1FLTV will be able to join the EBU and participate in the contest. Vaterland, one of Liechtenstein’s leading publications raises question marks about whether it is affordable or even realistic.

Liechtenstein alongside the Vatican and Kosovo remain the only international recognised states within Europe to have not taken part in the Eurovision Song Contest. Since 1FLTV was formed in 2008, Eurovision has been a long-term aim for the broadcaster. In 2009 the broadcaster announced it was working towards a debut in 2010, but was unable to secure funding for EBU membership.
sources: eurovoix.com | vaterland.li
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:42 pm

^But why :D
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:46 pm

heppolo wrote:^But why :D
Liechtenstein seems to want to put its name "out there" to celebrate its 300th anniversary.

1FLTV has stated some plans to go big for that occassion during that press conference.
They want to host a national final to select their entry and debut in Eurovision in 2019. Also, they are about to do a documentary/movie on how a family lived 300 years ago in Liechtenstein and had to fight for their lives (historians and professors should follow this project as well).

Liechtenstein has been interested in taking part in Eurovision now and then but this time, it seems more likely than on all the other occassions since it has been heavily discussed by Liechtenstein's broadcaster, the press and that "300th anniversary" reasoning sounds "logic".

Of course, nothing has been confirmed but that's big news somehow and I'm excited haha.
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:07 pm

Liechtenstein really seems to take this seriously!

According to media reports, the country has applied for a full EBU membership! If the EBU let Liechtenstein join them, the country eould be able to debut!
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:50 pm

Image KAZAKHSTAN: Channel 31 Has Ambitions For Eurovision & Junior Eurovision

Channel 31 in Kazakhstan has revealed to Eurofestivales, that they have ambitions to participate in both Eurovision and the Junior Eurovision Song Contest.

Private broadcaster, Channel 31 which has sent a delegation to the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017 has revealed greater ambitions for the Eurovision family of events. Sergey Konstantinov at Channel 31 revealed that;

"We want to debut at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2018 and the Eurovision Song Contest 2019. We will also broadcast both the contests between 2017-2019."

Mr Konstantinov confirmed that Channel 31 is in discussions with the European Broadcasting Union to join as a full member. The reveal of Channel 31’s ambitions come at the same time that Khabar Agency has been broadcasting the Eurovision Song Contest live for over five years.

Eurofestivales also asked whether the broadcaster has wider ambitions to take part in other Eurovision Family Events such as Young Dancers or Young Musicians, to which Mr Konstantinov stated they are not interested currently.
source:eurovoix
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:13 am

Brilliant and sensational news!

Kazakhstan: Channel 31 States Agreement Reached to Debut in Eurovision 2019

KAZAKHSTAN just confirmed that they will debut 2019. According to Channel 31, they have met the EBU and agreed on the country's debut in Junior Eurovision 2018 & Eurovision 2019!

https://eurovoix.com/2017/12/22/kazakhs ... sion-2019/
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby greek_boy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Mainshow wrote:Brilliant and sensational news!

Kazakhstan: Channel 31 States Agreement Reached to Debut in Eurovision 2019

KAZAKHSTAN just confirmed that they will debut 2019. According to Channel 31, they have met the EBU and agreed on the country's debut in Junior Eurovision 2018 & Eurovision 2019!

https://eurovoix.com/2017/12/22/kazakhs ... sion-2019/
omg :-?
greek_boy
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:18 pm

Norway announced that they will take part in Eurovision 2019.

source:
http://esctoday.com/158267/norway-nrk-c ... on-2019-2/

------------

The EBU said that Kazakhstan is not eligible, though. However, we will see how this will evolve.
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun May 13, 2018 11:49 am

The 64th Eurovision Song Contest will be held in Israel.

The preliminary dates have been announced (2st-25th May) and 8 countries have prelimianry announced their participation (Israel, Serbia, Sweden, San Marino, Poland, Norway, Estonia).
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun May 13, 2018 12:51 pm

I am FOR a Kazakhstan debut. We love our EASTERN neighbours.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun May 13, 2018 2:06 pm

stevyy wrote:I am FOR a Kazakhstan debut. We love our EASTERN neighbours.
I would love to see Kazakhstan debut as well but sadly, the EBU said that they have no plans to extend the EBU area.
Strangely, Kazakhstan - which is part of "Europe" when it comes to football and which has some territory on the "European continent" - is not able to debut according to the EBU but countries such as Lebanon, Tunisia and even Syria and Saudi Arabia are (Because they are part of the EBU area) :D
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun May 13, 2018 2:11 pm

That's very weird.

I mean I love the idea of an European contest etc... but Europe has no real borders and countries which have always been involved in European affairs shud always get the chance to compete...

I wouldn't even mind Canada to take part (in the future). (or Brazil...)
stevyy
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun May 13, 2018 2:32 pm

stevyy wrote:That's very weird.

I mean I love the idea of an European contest etc... but Europe has no real borders and countries which have always been involved in European affairs shud always get the chance to compete...

I wouldn't even mind Canada to take part (in the future). (or Brazil...)
I completely agree since Europe doesn't have any "natural borders"; it's human-made and it has always been perceived as a socio-cultural, political, cultural construct. I mean, Cyprus is Asian (geographically speaking) but it's common sense that it's Europe. That's why I have no problems with the Caucasus, Turkey, Israel or Australia participating. Kazakhstan would make sense since it's also heavily "European-influenced" (even though in a very different way to Australia), and it has some territories in Europe. Also, Kazakhstan had sent delegations to Eurovision before and it broadcast the contest live for the 8th consecutive time. It's become the new Australia, tbh, it's very eager to participate.

Canada and Brazil or New Zealand, on the other hand, do not really care about the contest.... so I don't think they should participate in the near future.
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Serby » Sun May 13, 2018 5:16 pm

She mentioned Jersulaem when she recieved her award and I can already smell some drama around next year's ESC.

How long does it usually take to know the venue?
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby yomaku » Sun May 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Serby wrote:She mentioned Jersulaem when she recieved her award and I can already smell some drama around next year's ESC.

How long does it usually take to know the venue?
Pretty sure the major option is the Pais Arena in Jerusalem, the stadium options seem to be impossible to implement.
Hej koji dan.
Last.fm
yomaku
Manager

Postby flopho » Sun May 13, 2018 8:20 pm

So ready for Liechtenstein <3 :cry:
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby grooveboy » Sun May 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Valentina better return in 2019!! San Marino or Liechtenstein...it's on her to choose
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby Rihab » Sun May 13, 2018 10:04 pm

Kazakhstan shouldn’t be allowed to participate imo. Politically, it isn‘t a European country at all and it certainly also isn‘t influenced by European culture as much as the other non-European participants Israel, Armenia or Australia.

Hosting the contest in Jerusalem also isn’t a good idea. It‘s unnecessarily risky, obviously a political statement in a supposedly politics-free show and I can already hear the poor hosts getting booed off stage when they inevitably welcome Europe to ‘Israel‘s capital‘ cause the government forced them to.

Excited for Liechtenstein though. :D
Rihab
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun May 13, 2018 10:40 pm

If Israel choses to let Jerusalem host the event, there shouldn't be a problem with it.
Eurovision has been hosted twice in Jerusalem before.
There's a large station which would suit the nature of the event and if they host it in West Jerusalem which is undeniably Israel, people have no right to complain about it or read to much into it. It's also based on logistics.

Kazakhstan should be allowed to participate since it's considered to be "European" in other departments (football) + Turkey is basically as Asian/European like Kazakhstan is (geographically).
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun May 13, 2018 10:40 pm

Hopefully, Slovakia will return since the Czech Republic performed so well This year
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby beredy » Sun May 13, 2018 11:01 pm

Mainshow wrote:If Israel choses to let Jerusalem host the event, there shouldn't be a problem with it.
Eurovision has been hosted twice in Jerusalem before.
There's a large station which would suit the nature of the event and if they host it in West Jerusalem which is undeniably Israel, people have no right to complain about it or read to much into it. It's also based on logistics.
I would agree, but this team it's way more political when viewed in recent political moves.

I hope EBU will keep a close eye and intervene if things get way to political and I fear they could.
beredy
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Sun May 13, 2018 11:02 pm

The Mayor of the city of Dublin asked Ireland to boycott the contest next year to support Palestine because Eurovision will be held in Israel.

https://eurovoix.com/2018/05/13/ireland ... sion-2019/
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Return to TV