Great TV Shows That Time Forgot

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Spartan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:27 pm

What the title says. Those amazing TV shows you recommend to people and they say “never heard of it”.

There’s loads I can think of but I’ll start with one that really sticks out to me: Enlisted. One season, heart-warming comedy about three brothers in the army. Made me laugh, made me cry but there were only 13 episodes. What a travesty.
Spartan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:33 pm

Hmm...A few come to mind:

- Sense8
- Looking
- Suburgatory
- Please Like Me
- Banana
- Cucumber
- Community
- In the Flesh
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Yes @ Suburgatory. Such an underrated comedy and a hilarious ensemble.

Sense8 is an odd one. I don’t know anyone in real life who’s seen it but it’s got a big internet following, and rightly so.

I thought Looking was pretty dull in all honesty.
Spartan
Legend

Postby flopho » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

JSparksFan wrote:- Suburgatory
- Community
and these (not sure about the forgot tho)

Pushing Daisies
Hotel Babylon
¡Eh, mamá!
Me quiero matar
El mundo se va a la mierda
Y no he hecho nada
flopho
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:38 pm

I really need to watch Pushing Daisies as my hero (Kristin Chenoweth) is in it.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:47 pm

Spartan wrote:I really need to watch Pushing Daisies as my hero (Kristin Chenoweth) is in it.
Oh I stan for her so hard. She’s amazeballs. #TaylorTheLatteBoy <3

She did a show called GCB which was cancelled early on but shouldn’t have been.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:50 pm

I don’t know if it’s forgotten or simply undiscovered by the very majority of the planet, but Lisa Kudrow did an improvised series called ‘Web Therapy’ for 4 or 5 seasons which I absolutely loved. She had 4 friends on it too, which was pretty good going.

Speaking of friends, I absolutely loved Cougar Town. 6 seasons starring Courtney Cox about a bunch of adults who live in Florida and drink a shit load of wine.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:53 pm

menime123 wrote:
Spartan wrote:I really need to watch Pushing Daisies as my hero (Kristin Chenoweth) is in it.

I saw her live at the London Palladium last month - one of the best shows I’ve ever been to. She’s hilarious and would make a fabulous gay man’s best friend.

GCB was brilliant. The best storyline was Cricket and Blake’s white marriage, Miriam Shor was amazing, I’m so grateful she continues to be fabulous on Younger.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Spartan wrote:
menime123 wrote:

I saw her live at the London Palladium last month - one of the best shows I’ve ever been to. She’s hilarious and would make a fabulous gay man’s best friend.

GCB was brilliant. The best storyline was Cricket and Blake’s white marriage, Miriam Shor was amazing, I’m so grateful she continues to be fabulous on Younger.
I skipped the palladium show, but saw her live at The Royal Albert Hall a few years ago and she was amazing. Kerry Ellis as the guest to sing For Good - I was such a fan boy :lol:

I don’t remember the storylines so much for GCB but keep meaning to re-watch. I don’t know Younger - I’ll do the google :D
menime123
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Y'all must remember this:

One of my favourite TV shows as a youngster.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Spartan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:07 pm

WTF is that?
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:14 pm

Don't recognise that either, looks like some sort of Britannia High thing.

I bet nobody will remember this but in the late 90s ITV did two dramas, one called the Last Train about a post-apocalyptic world which just had one series and another call Daylight Robbery starring Michelle Collins and that had two series. They were both so good yet have never been repeated since! Yet Midsomer Murders repeats are never-ending.

I loved Hotel Babylon! Came about at the same time as Life On Mars.
Thriller

Postby Wayne » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:17 pm

LOVED Hotel Babylon! Kind of stopped watching after Tamzin left though.

Another favourite of mine - it was gritty AF but gripping TV every single week. It kind of lost its way towards the end - though I will contest that murdering Jim Fenner with an icicle was genius.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Thriller » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:20 pm

If you loved Bad Girls you need to get on to Wentworth!
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:24 pm

menime123 wrote:
Spartan wrote:
menime123 wrote:

I skipped the palladium show, but saw her live at The Royal Albert Hall a few years ago and she was amazing. Kerry Ellis as the guest to sing For Good - I was such a fan boy :lol:

I don’t remember the storylines so much for GCB but keep meaning to re-watch. I don’t know Younger - I’ll do the google :D
She had Rachel Tucker perform with her at the Palladium, I was actually crying so much.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Westen » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:27 pm

menime123 wrote:Speaking of friends, I absolutely loved Cougar Town. 6 seasons starring Courtney Cox about a bunch of adults who live in Florida and drink a shit load of wine.
Cougar Town is simply amazing. Perfect example of a show that grew and charcathers became wonderfull, espeically after how it started, first 10 episodes were really something :lol:

'When i grow up' i hope i end up like them drinking wine and doing nothing :lol:
Westen
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:40 pm

Wayne is that The Tribe? Cos of so. That's an awesome show.

For me
The comeback
Cougar Town
The Carrie Diaries
Community
In the flesh
The crazy ones

There's more. But these are off the top of my head!
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Wayne » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Yes! Glad someone knew it 8-)

One of my best memories as a teen was watching that on Channel 5 every Saturday morning!
Wayne
Administrator

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Wayne wrote:Yes! Glad someone knew it 8-)

One of my best memories as a teen was watching that on Channel 5 every Saturday morning!
I absolutely loved the Tribe I had series 1 - 3 (I think) on dvd and I still watch series 1 a fair bit. I always wanted to be Lex
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Spartan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Westen wrote:
menime123 wrote:Speaking of friends, I absolutely loved Cougar Town. 6 seasons starring Courtney Cox about a bunch of adults who live in Florida and drink a shit load of wine.
Cougar Town is simply amazing. Perfect example of a show that grew and charcathers became wonderfull, espeically after how it started, first 10 episodes were really something :lol:

'When i grow up' i hope i end up like them drinking wine and doing nothing :lol:
Cougar Town was amazing. It lost its way in the last season or so but it worked so well. Courteney Cox deserved more accolades for that role, Jules was hilarious.
Spartan
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:59 pm

Wayne wrote:Y'all must remember this:

One of my favourite TV shows as a youngster.
THE TRIBE! such a cult classic! power and chaos!

cant believe how trash it looks now but it was amazing when i was a kid
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Spartan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:05 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:Wayne is that The Tribe? Cos of so. That's an awesome show.

For me
The comeback
Cougar Town
The Carrie Diaries
Community
In the flesh
The crazy ones

In terms of Kudrow, I by far preferred Web Therapy to The Comeback, but Valerie doing I Will Survive is one of the best scenes on T .

The Carrie Diaries was much more enjoyable than people made out, some really enjoyable characters and storylines.

Pan Am anyone? Starring Christina Ricci and a post-Neighbours, pre-Wolf of Wall Street Margot Robbie.
Spartan
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:39 pm

Spartan wrote:
BehindBreakaway wrote:Wayne is that The Tribe? Cos of so. That's an awesome show.

For me
The comeback
Cougar Town
The Carrie Diaries
Community
In the flesh
The crazy ones

In terms of Kudrow, I by far preferred Web Therapy to The Comeback, but Valerie doing I Will Survive is one of the best scenes on T .

The Carrie Diaries was much more enjoyable than people made out, some really enjoyable characters and storylines.

Pan Am anyone? Starring Christina Ricci and a post-Neighbours, pre-Wolf of Wall Street Margot Robbie.
I started watching Pam Am. I just couldn't get into it. I agree about Carrie Diaries. I feel like it was finding its feet when it was cancelled.
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Graham76man » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:47 pm

They attempted to remake the TV show Time Tunnel.
They made one pilot episode, which you can watch on the DVD of the full series of the old Time Tunnel. It was actually very good. But they never made anymore.

As for the first list I have never heard of any of them. So that bit is true.

Here is Thriller's Last Train on YouTube
Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!
Graham76man
Manager

Postby heppolo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:57 pm

Nathan Barley, 2005
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Return to TV