Celebrity Big Brother 2018

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby SholasBoy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:29 pm

I have to say Shane/Courtney (and Andrew) is getting on my nerves just a little, he seems to have a bit of a superiority complex, as though his thoughts on everything is fact, and other people are wrong. Amanda and Wayne are two washed up old hags, I can see Shane L swooping in and taking the win, he's coming across really well, even if he isn't getting too much airtime.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby menime123 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:46 pm

Andrew is desperate to win and I think he’s now doing himself a disservice with it. Shane/Courtney is coming across a little to contrived, especially when hit just throws a question out there that’ll guarantee airtime. I think he looks like the most likely winner atm. Shane L would only win if the Boyzone fans supported him, but I’m not sure they are watching :lol:

I like that it’s so open and anyone could grab the win. I would love Ann to win actually - she is a strong independent woman even if she’s is 70 and a little old fashioned and set in her ways. I’d be happy if Amanda took the win too, but I’m not even sure if would realise... she constantly seems out of it and hasn’t the slightest idea what’s what :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby biscuits » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:18 pm

Why couldn’t they get Jujubee instead of Courtney? :roll:
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Thriller » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:24 pm

Surprised at John's comments! I thought he was a bit more forward thinking than your average 50+ year old man.

I don't get why Andrew is strutting around like cock of the house, I don't think Jonny did much wrong by giving a balanced perspective.

Dapper is such a baby, you're not immune to nomination mate. I hope the women win the task so he can go, otherwise Amanda is out.
Thriller

Postby BehindBreakaway » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:57 pm

Shane J started of so strong. In the deliberation room he literally let everyone else do the talking and he sat on the fence. Andrew has been annoying me the past few days and weirdo Johnny has been going up in my estimations. Ok so Ann would do anyones head it but it was sweet for him to defend her. They all seem to forget that shes a 78 year old woman. I'd feel the same as Johnny, I'd defend her. I'm not saying she's in the right with what she says I think I just automatically have respect because that's how I was brought up.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Thriller » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Ann's 70, but she looks older than Amanda so, fair :lol:

I'm annoyed that the women got rid of John over Daniel! Daniel's had LOADS of opportunities to "redeem" himself yet he continues to be a prat.
Thriller

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 am

I’m saddened that John went. Really loved him and thought he was a thoughtful articulate man. Yes some of his views were off but he was always willing to learn and take on others views.

Daniel for me has no redeeming qualities and i don’t understand why his desperation to win is a cause for him staying.

Andrew as I’ve said all along is also desperate to win and is using Shane to whilst thinking it’s okay to slag everyone off. I don’t know why he’s so arrogant, he’s not very intelligent and was a joke on the Apprentice.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Daniel or Johnny should've gone over Ginuwine! Don't get why Daniel got such huge cheers.

John explained himself well in the interview.
Thriller

Postby aaliyahman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:40 pm

Thriller wrote:Daniel or Johnny should've gone over Ginuwine! Don't get why Daniel got such huge cheers.

Exactly. Daniel makes my skin crawl.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby LongingHeart » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:16 pm

aaliyahman wrote:
Thriller wrote:Daniel or Johnny should've gone over Ginuwine! Don't get why Daniel got such huge cheers.

Exactly. Daniel makes my skin crawl.
!!
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby Thriller » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:42 pm

Happy with the latest nominations.

I'm really going off Andrew, he is so much more arrogant now than he came in.
Thriller

Postby BehindBreakaway » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:17 am

Andrew is just awful isn't he
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby menime123 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:27 am

Yes, Andrew’s facade is slipping day by day. I think Courtney will be saved out of the 4cup for eviction - considering it’s a bloody triple eviction tonight.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Thriller » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:29 am

I hope Shane/Courtney stays! I'm worried his association with Andrew will ruin it for him though.
Thriller

Postby LongingHeart » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:48 am

I understand andrews frustration with Ann.
I hope Shane and Andrew will stay - I could live without the other two
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby menime123 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:05 am

LongingHeart wrote:I understand andrews frustration with Ann.
I hope Shane and Andrew will stay - I could live without the other two
I agree with Andrew, but there’s a way of handling stuff.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:50 pm

So glad at the result. Johnny is actually a lively guy. I’m so glad Andrew went first. I despise him. Condescending uneducated millennial archetype.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:10 am

I really like that the old ones are still in it. Usually they are voted out first but Ann, Wayne and Amanda have been great this series.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Very disappointed with Amanda last night and Courtney coming across so well again. I really hope she wins.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Kaloki » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:34 pm

Have to say I’ve gone off Shane/Courtney and I used to want him to win!

I 100% disagree with Ann on her views, but he’s just taking it too far and bitching behind her back and trying to turn people against her. She’s 70 and been brought up with those views her entire life, she isn’t going to change now. And then saying stuff like she only knows politics and doesn’t deal in emotions or feelings. Just because you looked up her voting record on Wikipedia doesn’t mean you know the woman :roll: Even I’m getting bored hearing Shane bang on about the subjects he does, there’s no need to bring it up every single day

Hats off to Amanda for putting him in his place

Overall though, the show is a bit boring now. Think last night will be the last I watch of it. Not too fussed who wins (I wanted Barnes or Genuwine) but as long as it isn’t Shane
Kaloki
Manager

Postby LongingHeart » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:54 pm

Ugh, I can’t with Ann and her eyerolls
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby menime123 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm

I think Ann could win. I genuinely don’t believe she’s against homosexuality - but has views on gay marriage and doesn’t buy into this whole ‘self confessional, me, me, me’ stuff that a lot of reality stars love.

Ann is happy to discuss issues but is old fashioned in how she expresses herself - in her mind she’s at work and not at home, and whilst in public conducts herself a certain way... and wishes other people wouldn’t overshare.

So much of her life has been in service to people, that who she is as a person has had to be completely removed from her work. She has lived her life in a predominantly male world (at least back then) and men don’t tend to whine or moan too much about their personal lives whilst at work (at least back then) and I think Ann simply believes that is more preferable.

Shane infuriated me last night. Shane is holding Ann to account for her voting record from decades ago, in a political world he has no knowledge of - he isn’t even British so has no grasp of what British society was back when Ann was in politics. You can’t judge a person on actions or beliefs they had decades ago.

Ann is best friends with Amanda who herself is in a same sex marriage. Ann shows absolutely no signs of homophobia towards her. Shane complains that Ann refusing to call him Courtney when he’s in drag is pathetic - at the very start he told everyone that it didn’t matter what name they used, yet all of a sudden is offensive in his community? :roll:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:06 pm

menime123 wrote:I think Ann could win. I genuinely don’t believe she’s against homosexuality - but has views on gay marriage and doesn’t buy into this whole ‘self confessional, me, me, me’ stuff that a lot of reality stars love.

Ann is happy to discuss issues but is old fashioned in how she expresses herself - in her mind she’s at work and not at home, and whilst in public conducts herself a certain way... and wishes other people wouldn’t overshare.

So much of her life has been in service to people, that who she is as a person has had to be completely removed from her work. She has lived her life in a predominantly male world (at least back then) and men don’t tend to whine or moan too much about their personal lives whilst at work (at least back then) and I think Ann simply believes that is more preferable.

Shane infuriated me last night. Shane is holding Ann to account for her voting record from decades ago, in a political world he has no knowledge of - he isn’t even British so has no grasp of what British society was back when Ann was in politics. You can’t judge a person on actions or beliefs they had decades ago.

Ann is best friends with Amanda who herself is in a same sex marriage. Ann shows absolutely no signs of homophobia towards her. Shane complains that Ann refusing to call him Courtney when he’s in drag is pathetic - at the very start he told everyone that it didn’t matter what name they used, yet all of a sudden is offensive in his community? :roll:
I could kiss you for this post. So true!!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby BehindBreakaway » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:08 pm

It annoyed me when Amanda wasn't giving him what he wanted in the LGBT conversation so he changed direction and started going on about abortions. He wants people to bitch about her. Why not just say it to her face.
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Thriller » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:12 pm

I could see where both Shane and Amanda were coming from really, I mean Ann's views are outdated and I can see why Shane would feel the need to challenge them but he didn't need to keep going on about it, it's not like Ann has been expressing homophobia/pushing her views while she's been in there. Shane didn't seem to like it when Amanda called him out on his entrance.

Ann probably will win I imagine! She had the most votes early on in an eviction and I don't think she's done anything to really ruin her chances.
Thriller

Return to TV