Carbon wrote:this show is so fake. wasn't Jeana portrayed as a beautiful inspirational saint from the start? and then in the last few episodes she was suddenly this bitch who didn't get on with anyone
it all feels so obviously staged, I bet most of them have totally different personalities irl and are contractually obliged to act a certain way for the show
I've seen some youtube videos of past contestants and winners about their ANTM experience, and they were actually all very positive about it. What I got out of the videos:
- It's not staged/scripted, but editing can make you look worse in a situation than it actually was. A lot of the time they intentionally leave things out. But the drama is all real. Though if you avoid the drama then they can't make you look bad.
- They're not allowed to have phones, music and books in the house. This is partially due to them not having rights to a lot of logos, texts, music etc. But mainly so that the girls (and guys for cycle 21 and 22) were forced to communicate/getting to know each other.
- Great friendships come from the show. Even between people who had some conflict. A lot of the time, the editing made it seem worse than it was and the " drama" was so short lived. We only see 40 minutes of approximately 3 days.
- They shoot for 7 weeks.
- Photoshoots could lasts for almost a whole day. Lots of waiting.
- The auditioning process is super extensive. After sending in your application, you have to go through a 2 month process of Skype calls, phone interviews, filling in massive piles of paperwork.