Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby t_dot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:27 am

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina hits Netflix on Oct. 26.

A witch's 16th birthday is very special. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina tells the story of Sabrina Spellman (Kiernan Shipka), a half-witch half-mortal teenage girl. She’s been waiting her whole life for her 16th birthday, but something wicked this way comes, forcing her to choose between the path of light and the path of night. A Netflix Original Series from the makers of Riverdale. CAOS arrives October 26th
https://ew.com/tv/2018/09/13/chilling-a ... an-shipka/

This looks soo good & dark!
You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:11 pm

Really looking forward to this!
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Damiennatas1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Looks a mix between AHS and Riverdale (or any of those shows) and I’m not sure it’s a good thing.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Its no Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I shouldn't have expected that, but I did.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:56 pm

I’ve watched 2 episodes so far and as insufferable as some of the cast are, it’s actually really quite good!
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Robby » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:44 pm

I'm quite curious to see this. I was a big StTW fan in my teens. As mentioned before this looks quite dark which I like. I seem to recall Melissa & co not being too excited for the reboot? I could be wrong.

Anyhow, hope the show doesn't disappoint for the nostalgia.
Everything, it only fades...
Robby
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Watching this at the moment and it’s not as good as I thought it would be. It’s basically like True Blood, except Sookie is a witch and younger. Hell, Sabrina even lives in an isolated house on a graveyard in the woods.

The aunts are completely and utterly miscast imo.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:05 pm

I’m sorry but isn’t Sabrina a witch? There is hardly any magic in this at all... it’s all demons and other stuff.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:42 pm

menime123 wrote:I’m sorry but isn’t Sabrina a witch? There is hardly any magic in this at all... it’s all demons and other stuff.
Yeah I want more magic!

I love Hilda but I don’t get Zelda. I see what they’re trying to do but the character is so unrelatable.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:40 pm

Damiennatas1 wrote:
menime123 wrote:I’m sorry but isn’t Sabrina a witch? There is hardly any magic in this at all... it’s all demons and other stuff.
Yeah I want more magic!

I love Hilda but I don’t get Zelda. I see what they’re trying to do but the character is so unrelatable.
It’s like Zelda is so bitter and twisted she has dragged Hilda her entire life. I’d guess Zelda had her heart broken somewhere along the line and didn’t want to be alone. But that’s too predictable.

I’m on episode 7 anyway and I’ll be honest, I’m not fussed about a second season at all.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Robby » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:12 pm

I'm at episode 3 and so far I don't hate it. The first episodes had scenes that were a bit odd though.
I find the show's focus on being "unholy" rather humorous and I really like the dark spin they threw on it.
I like the sisters as actresses but indeed as mentioned they might not be the most appropriate choices to portray the characters. They seem a bit out of place at times.
Robby
Manager

Postby Loose » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:44 pm

If you don’t compare it to the original, it‘s absolutely brilliant!

Very exciting new twist on the series.
Baby, hell no, that's not the way it goes. It's all about me tonight.
Loose
Legend

Postby Robby » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:14 am

I just finished all 10 episodes. I really like the show and hope there will be a second season.

it almost reminds me of Charmed but with less magic which I wish there was a bit more of. I don't need the finger pointing spellcasting (although that would have been a nice tribute) and I don't need over orbing all over the place, but often I am left with a sense of it being more implied magic. This is at times fine for me but I wish there was more.

Even though this Sabrina is more of a brat than the original one, in the end I think it all tied well together with the direction of the show. I am very curious to see how far she will go on the path of night.

Overall I would definitely recommend but be aware it is not in anyway similar to the original show.
Robby
Manager

Postby menime123 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:45 pm

The last 2 episodes picked up but it’s really not worth the watch!
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:39 pm

Definitely picked up in the last 2 episodes after a fairly long slump but I still think it's worth a watch.

They need to shift the focus off Sabrina in the next season. Her character (and somewhat the actress) are fairly detestable.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby LongingHeart » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:11 pm

I loved this
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby Loose » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:34 am

I must say this has a fairly high entertainment value. Certainly reminiscent of ‚Charmed‘ and even ‚Harry Potter‘. Damn, it‘s so damn evil in parts.

Cannibalism, exorcism, satanic baptism, gay witches... you‘vegot everything going on in this series.
Loose
Legend

Postby johnny_d » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:18 pm

They’re already filming the second series. Loved season one so effing much. So much going for it.

Absolutely love Hilda. Also the Ambrose and Luke partnership is one hot couple.
Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start
johnny_d
Manager

Postby menime123 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:07 pm

I assumed Luke is the one that killed his ‘ex’ though. Surprised they didn’t tie up that storyline actually.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Loose » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:12 pm

johnny_d wrote:They’re already filming the second series. Loved season one so effing much. So much going for it.
I hope it's coming soon. It took me a while not wanting to compare it with the original sitcom. But once I got to the point where I could "accept" Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina as a standalone production rather than a rip-off, I got quite hooked. I certainly think the writers do a good job in building up on the plot.

johnny_d wrote:Absolutely love Hilda.
Isn't she? :D Whereas Zelda is terrifying and she'd be an absolute mess if given too much power or a higher status within the hierarchy.
Loose
Legend

Postby menime123 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:43 pm

I’d guess season 2 will come next Halloween to be honest. Netflix are really trying to push Sabrina for membership increases.

As much as I say I wasn’t impressed with it, I did watch it all and as much as I said I could leave a second season, I will watch. Netflix overall have really impressed me over the last few years with their original content that it’s killing the main US channel shows.

Heck, between HBO, Netflix and FX, who needs ABC and NBC etc?
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby AndiIversen » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:16 am

menime123 wrote:
Heck, between HBO, Netflix and FX, who needs ABC and NBC etc?
Zelda killed them with a hammer 8-)
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby AndiIversen » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:17 am

Damiennatas1 wrote:Definitely picked up in the last 2 episodes after a fairly long slump but I still think it's worth a watch.

They need to shift the focus off Sabrina in the next season. Her character (and somewhat the actress) are fairly detestable.
Care to elaborate as to why? :D
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby AndiIversen » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:19 am

Loved Madam Satan lol she was so much fun and so extra, a total scene stealer
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:55 am

AndiIversen wrote:
Damiennatas1 wrote:Definitely picked up in the last 2 episodes after a fairly long slump but I still think it's worth a watch.

Care to elaborate as to why? :D
The actress just has that CW feel. I hate it. As for Sabrina, she's a selfish brat who thinks she knows it all.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Return to TV