Coronation Street

Postby menime123 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Wayne wrote:Just read that Liz Dawn (formerly played Vera Duckworth) is very poorly in hospital and is fighting for her life. :(
Yes, very sad, but sadly a long time coming with her illness. Oh how I long for the day of Jack and Vera on the cobbles - a lot of the new characters haven’t a clue in comparison to Corrie of yesteryear.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:46 pm

I've just read she's showing signs of recovery, thankfully!
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:18 am

Classic Corrie last night with Eva and Aiden's sham wedding and this is their first week of six episodes... which I think is unnecessary as the quality isn't back up there yet to justify.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:04 pm

Thriller wrote:Classic Corrie last night with Eva and Aiden's sham wedding and this is their first week of six episodes... which I think is unnecessary as the quality isn't back up there yet to justify.
I hate the Wednesday slot for the new episode - now we don’t get any standalone episodes. I agree the quality isn’t back up, but it’s gettinng there - lots of storylines at the moment.

Poor Rita :cry:

Where the hell is Gail? She’s been missing for ages now.

No sign of Emily returning :evil:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:25 am

RIP Liz Dawn. Such a wonderful actress playing such an iconic role.
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:10 am

Katy Armstrong killed off screen! All just to give Chesney a storyline? He should've been axed years ago :-?
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Thriller wrote:Katy Armstrong killed off screen! All just to give Chesney a storyline? He should've been axed years ago :-?
Katy is no loss, and it makes sense to build a family unit around Chesney, considering he is in desperate need of a storyline. I don’t dislike him, but he’s such a bore - I hope the kid is a little shit :lol:

Hopefully with Katy dead Izzy will be inspired to move away too. I actually laughed at her attempts at dramatic crying :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:41 am

No she's no loss at all but I always find it a cheap plot device. I guess they've done it to explore Daniel's obsession with Sinead more, now she's been thrust closer to Chesney than ever.
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Can't believe Phelan killed Andy AFTER ALL THAT! :roll:

Andy had so many chances to get away though, so he was a bloody fool. He'll be coming after Anna now, and now he's lost his daughter and already killed a man he's not going to hold back.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Thriller wrote:Can't believe Phelan killed Andy AFTER ALL THAT! :roll:

Andy had so many chances to get away though, so he was a bloody fool. He'll be coming after Anna now, and now he's lost his daughter and already killed a man he's not going to hold back.
And... Anna is leaving
menime123
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Poor Andy. All that build up to just be killed off :(
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby menime123 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:00 am

Bruno Langley - Todd - axed with immediate effect.
menime123
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:23 am

I don't get it, should he not have been suspended pending the results? Ken Barlow was accused of much worse and he wasn't axed!
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby menime123 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:07 am

BehindBreakaway wrote:I don't get it, should he not have been suspended pending the results? Ken Barlow was accused of much worse and he wasn't axed!
We don’t know the facts. Best not to speculate, but his sacking doesn’t indicate anything good. Ken Barlow was found not guilty of all charges.
menime123
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:44 am

menime123 wrote:
BehindBreakaway wrote:I don't get it, should he not have been suspended pending the results? Ken Barlow was accused of much worse and he wasn't axed!
We don’t know the facts. Best not to speculate, but his sacking doesn’t indicate anything good. Ken Barlow was found not guilty of all charges.
But as far as I'm aware he hasn't been found guilty yet. It's just an investigation at the moment.
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby menime123 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:04 am

BehindBreakaway wrote:
menime123 wrote:
But as far as I'm aware he hasn't been found guilty yet. It's just an investigation at the moment.
Absolutely. But clearly Corrie know more than has been publicly released.
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:35 am

menime123 wrote:
BehindBreakaway wrote:
menime123 wrote:
Absolutely. But clearly Corrie know more than has been publicly released.
There must be more to it surely for him to be sacked like this. For continuity purposes it's a nightmare! Wonder how they'll explain Todd's departure on the show?
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:01 am

An argument with Billy and a swift return to London I suppose.
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:34 pm

Depends if they let him film any final scenes I guess!
Thriller

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:18 pm

Thriller wrote:Depends if they let him film any final scenes I guess!
They have already said they won't be filming anymore with him. Sounds like the whole nazir family drama when the granda was axed for being a racist.
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby menime123 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:44 pm

He’s been charged.

Faye is turning into a real bitch :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:16 am

Poor Anna. She's not having it easy atm
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby Thriller » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:07 am

I feel for Anna, she's had nothing but awful luck since she hooked up with Owen and it seems like it's only going to get worse.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:48 am

Thriller wrote:I feel for Anna, she's had nothing but awful luck since she hooked up with Owen and it seems like it's only going to get worse.
She brings it on herself though. Well, maybe not legs burning, but she should have called social services. Those kids were living in a horrific environment with a ghastly mother. Although I absolutely love the woman who plays her - she was always my favourite in Shameless.
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:35 pm

Oh yeah, Kelly! Loved her too.
Thriller

Return to TV