Emmerdale

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby menime123 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:54 am

Thriller wrote:What a week so far! Moira randomly giving birth then almost dying (yet miraculously recovering the next day), Emma accidentally shooting Finn who then goes and has a shock death :o

The Bartons are like the new King family in terms of family members being picked off one-by-one.
I was gutted when the killed off Finn. Emma’s fall was some bad green screen :lol:

I loved Emma actually and always hoped she could be redeemed somehow - I love her determination in everything. James didn’t need to die actually - that whole family setup with three adult sons should have cemented their permanency on the show as there was so much scope. I struggle to think of a ‘complete’ family on the show now.

The baby is absolutely Cain’s.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:57 am

Emma's death was absolutely pathetic... the effects were terrible. My ideal scenario would've been to have her be spotted in the village by Laurel after leaving the baby in the church, they have one final showdown in the street and everybody runs out of the pub to support Laurel leaving Emma feeling cornered so she goes full on mental, the police arrive and arrest her and she's sectioned. This would've given her a chance to return in the future if they needed a disturbed female again.

I do feel like Emmerdale are turning to death too quickly in some instances - it's like when an actor decides to leave they just resort to bumping them off like Hollyoaks.

Yes the baby is surely Cain's.
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:24 pm

I haven't seen any spoilers so this might be fact, but I really think Tom Waterhouse (Debbie's fella) is Joseph Tate and he's out for revenge on the Dingles to get back at Charity for Chris's death.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Thriller wrote:I haven't seen any spoilers so this might be fact, but I really think Tom Waterhouse (Debbie's fella) is Joseph Tate and he's out for revenge on the Dingles to get back at Charity for Chris's death.
I thought he might be a Tate - but I’m sort of holding out hope he’s Kim’s son: I’m desperate for Kim to come back :lol:

So either that or I reckon Tom is somehow related to The Kings - Charity was married to Tom King back in the day (back when The Kings has money). He’s probably some long lost secret love child named after his Dad but with his Mother’s surname.

Is it wrong to hope the Dingle house is knocked down? I’ve always hated it. Then when the golf course opens (which would be an amazing set) Kim can fly in on a helicopter for the big launch 8-)
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:29 pm

I would love the Dingle house to get knocked down and also for Debbie to be killed off by this new teenage looking bf.

Debbie Dingle is the most caustic depressing character. She so convincingly moody that I am utterly convinced the actual actress is as deplorable!

I am so glad Finn was killed, he was just annoying. I am sad for Emma because her antics were hilarious.

I am still dumfounded how Robert killed Katie and it's just been left covered up to the point that people pine for him and Aaron. Going gay make everything okay?
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:19 pm

Thriller wrote:I haven't seen any spoilers so this might be fact, but I really think Tom Waterhouse (Debbie's fella) is Joseph Tate and he's out for revenge on the Dingles to get back at Charity for Chris's death.
That would be amazing
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Thriller » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:49 pm

If it was James Tate it'd be great too, in order to allow Kim to return, but I don't see why he would care about the Dingles.

Being a child of Tom's... potentially, but I don't know if Charity did enough to Tom to warrant a revenge plot.

I've heard Charley Webb is a bitch off-screen by friends who've served her at bars and shops in Leeds.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:11 pm

aaliyahman wrote:I would love the Dingle house to get knocked down and also for Debbie to be killed off by this new teenage looking bf.

Debbie Dingle is the most caustic depressing character. She so convincingly moody that I am utterly convinced the actual actress is as deplorable!

I am so glad Finn was killed, he was just annoying. I am sad for Emma because her antics were hilarious.

I am still dumfounded how Robert killed Katie and it's just been left covered up to the point that people pine for him and Aaron. Going gay make everything okay?
Spoiler:
Rumours are Katie is back for Christmas Day special.
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Thriller wrote:If it was James Tate it'd be great too, in order to allow Kim to return, but I don't see why he would care about the Dingles.

Being a child of Tom's... potentially, but I don't know if Charity did enough to Tom to warrant a revenge plot.

I've heard Charley Webb is a bitch off-screen by friends who've served her at bars and shops in Leeds.
I wouldn’t get too hung up on it being about The Dingles though - I know the councillor could have been lying, but the access road was supposed to demolish Eric’s house.

There is something going on though, but not sure it’s Charity centric. Glad there’s a lack of spoilers around it.
menime123
Legend

Postby Thriller » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:27 pm

There's one character ruining Emmerdale at the moment - Moira. I'm sick of her self-destructive attitude and now she's even battering Cain! :roll:
Thriller

Postby BehindBreakaway » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:07 pm

Thriller wrote:There's one character ruining Emmerdale at the moment - Moira. I'm sick of her self-destructive attitude and now she's even battering Cain! :roll:
Yes!!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby aaliyahman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:00 am

I quite like Moira. I just wished it wasn’t her who killed Emma. Other than that i think her story is quite accurate.

Lachlan and doom monger Debbie Dingle are the ones that need the chop. I mean even Debbie smiling is like a warning.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Called it on Joseph Tate!
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:02 pm

Laurence AND Chrissie killed off in one swoop! I wouldn't have been surprised to see the back of Rebecca either, as it'd allow Robert to keep the baby... could still happen.

Lachlan is detestable, such a bloody spoilt baby.

I don't like how this turn of events seems to be redeeming Robert though - it appears the writers have forgotten he covered up manslaughter.
Thriller

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:36 am

Not to mention the fact they where speeding chasing HIM. Rebecca hasn't been announced as leaving so I don't think she's Gonna die. Lachlan is awful. Can't wait for that voicemail to be heard.
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby aaliyahman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:02 am

I’m shocked they killed Chrissie too! I’m betting Lachlan kills Rebecca via holding a tube.

I actually detest Lachlan, always have.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:25 am

Lachlan wouldn't think twice about murdering Rebecca before she wakes up to tell the truth. Let's hope Belle hears that voicemail beforehand.
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Can't believe they demolished the Dingle house! :o

I wonder if Graham saving Noah will lead to him and Charity getting together?
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Best Soap at the NTAs for the second year!
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:17 pm

Village on couple rotation again - David and Leila, Charity and Vanessa, Moira and Cain, Laurel and Bob, Rhona and Pete... give it a week or two and Eric and Faith’ll be swinging with Dug and Diane.
menime123
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:48 pm

I hate that they've had David sleep with Leila, such a silly plot device to just have Leila become pregnant no doubt.
Thriller

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:05 pm

Thriller wrote:I hate that they've had David sleep with Leila, such a silly plot device to just have Leila become pregnant no doubt.
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:49 pm

Thriller wrote:I hate that they've had David sleep with Leila, such a silly plot device to just have Leila become pregnant no doubt.
I agree. She’ll probably come back married but pregnant to David.
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:49 pm

Bit worried for poor Tracey atm too.
menime123
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:27 pm

Yeah with this guy who's obviously gonna get nasty. Don't know why after the cancer and everything else they can't let David and Tracey be happy!

Moira and Cain just need to stay together now, can't cope with mopey Moira any longer.
Thriller

Return to TV