Grey's Anatomy

Postby mykka » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:14 pm

It has already started in the US, but we'll have to wait for it a bit longer in Europe.

Season 3 was a very dramatic season compared to the previous 2, and also had some major character development.

Alex - we got to see a different side of him, less of a jerk and more of a decent guy.

Addison - most people hated her when she came along, but during this season we got to see the real Addie, and she became one of my favourites. Really sweet and funny gal :)

Meredith - very dramatic season for her, it seems everything went wrong for her. I never really liked her that much, she always seemed ditzy and clumsy, but I really sympathised for her during this season, she got a lot of crap from other people. She's now one of my favourites :)

Izzie - remember perky and joyful Izzie? Forget about it. This season she's turned into an annoying brat with a bitchy attitude :evil: One of the worst characters around now, and I really liked her in the beginning

George - now a manwhore it seems. I didn't mind him in the previous seasons, but this season really ruined him for me. I cant stand his character anymore, really annoying and whiney :evil:

Christina - she always comes on top. Flawless, intelligent and sarcastic, fantastic! This season we saw her grow into a less robotic character into a human being willing to let her gard down a bit and show her more delicate side. She made the finale worth for her performance alone :wink:

Shepard - meh! he's a real jerk for treating Meredith that way when she most needed support. Their on/off relationship is getting tired now.

Burke - to be honest, although I love Christina, i'm indifferent to Burke. Not really interesting imo

Bailey - excellent resident. She's the Nazi, but this season she was more soft, after becoming a mother, and she got more attatched to the residents. We got to see her more vulnerable personality. Still love her 8-)

Mark - meh, indifferent. Hot though... :lol:

Richard - he's definitely a great leader, but quite a softie too. I liked his more parental approach to Meredith this season, hopefully this connection will be more explored next season, Mer deserves a proper father.

Cant wait to see how Season 4 goes along, and to see how the unfinished issues of Season 3 come to an end during this new season.
As you may know, Addison and Burke are not coming back for the new season which is a shame, especially since i liked Burke's relationship with Christina, and I really like Addison. Will fill a bit empty. But its gonna be great to see the ex-interns act as residents now, well, except George :lol:
mykka
Legend

Postby naughty » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:27 pm

The sad thing here ( where I'm from )) that Season two is started now ((the 4th episode )) long way to season 4
naughty
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:32 am

We'll have to wait until next year to see it in Australia, but I can't wait....I didn't really like the storyline with Izzie & George having some sort of clandestine relationship, even if Callie's wrong for George, I just can't see it between Izzie & George, it seems wrong to me! (I'm presuming this will continue into Season 4)

Meredith/Derek became old hat fast, nothing much happened with them last season at all.
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby krzxxx » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:45 pm

ive been watching greys from the start. thought this season was the worst so far which is a shame...just wasn't funny enough and the storyline was meh.

dont like the whole izzy/callie/george thing...and goerge and callie getting married....they dont seem compatable enough. i knew burke and addy were leaving so knew that christina wouldn't have got married to burke. started to really like addy in this one which is a shame since shes gone.

meredith and derek - sort it out lol! they ARE suppost to be together!! get ur act sorted lol. what girl would treat mcdreamy the way she is - what a fool lol.

cant wait for season 4 tho cos its suppost to be a lot better - even the writers knew the third season wasn't up to scratch.
Tell Your Wasted Time....
krzxxx
Manager

Postby kushi » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:33 pm

I liked how they explained and showed Addison leaving in the Pilot for Private Practice than in Greys.

But Grey's Season 4 is awesome! Private Practice is boring, and incredibly underwhleming! Addison should've stayed at Seattle Grace, she was one of my favourite characters.

Not happy that Burke is gone, so silly about all the drama behind the scenes. Im really liking the Callie-Izzie-George love triangle, but im not liking the whole George failing the intern test.
kushi
Legend

Postby kushi » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:35 pm

mykka wrote:It has already started in the US, but we'll have to wait for it a bit longer in Europe.

Season 3 was a very dramatic season compared to the previous 2, and also had some major character development.

Alex - we got to see a different side of him, less of a jerk and more of a decent guy.

Addison - most people hated her when she came along, but during this season we got to see the real Addie, and she became one of my favourites. Really sweet and funny gal :)

Meredith - very dramatic season for her, it seems everything went wrong for her. I never really liked her that much, she always seemed ditzy and clumsy, but I really sympathised for her during this season, she got a lot of crap from other people. She's now one of my favourites :)

Izzie - remember perky and joyful Izzie? Forget about it. This season she's turned into an annoying brat with a bitchy attitude :evil: One of the worst characters around now, and I really liked her in the beginning

George - now a manwhore it seems. I didn't mind him in the previous seasons, but this season really ruined him for me. I cant stand his character anymore, really annoying and whiney :evil:

Christina - she always comes on top. Flawless, intelligent and sarcastic, fantastic! This season we saw her grow into a less robotic character into a human being willing to let her gard down a bit and show her more delicate side. She made the finale worth for her performance alone :wink:

Shepard - meh! he's a real jerk for treating Meredith that way when she most needed support. Their on/off relationship is getting tired now.

Burke - to be honest, although I love Christina, i'm indifferent to Burke. Not really interesting imo

Bailey - excellent resident. She's the Nazi, but this season she was more soft, after becoming a mother, and she got more attatched to the residents. We got to see her more vulnerable personality. Still love her 8-)

Mark - meh, indifferent. Hot though... :lol:

Richard - he's definitely a great leader, but quite a softie too. I liked his more parental approach to Meredith this season, hopefully this connection will be more explored next season, Mer deserves a proper father.

Cant wait to see how Season 4 goes along, and to see how the unfinished issues of Season 3 come to an end during this new season.
As you may know, Addison and Burke are not coming back for the new season which is a shame, especially since i liked Burke's relationship with Christina, and I really like Addison. Will fill a bit empty. But its gonna be great to see the ex-interns act as residents now, well, except George :lol:
Your assesment of the characters is really bad. And i know its your opinion, but you havent really connected to the show at all...
kushi
Legend

Postby Murat » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:31 pm

I think it was a huge mistake to give Addison her own show. Even though I like Private Practice, I'm really disappointed in this season of Grey's. It's just not what it used to be.. :( Most storylines seem to go nowhere and everybody's acting so out of character! Such a shame really, I loved this show to death in its second season but it's all gone downhill since the whole 'Meredith-is-drowning-oh-wait-she's-not' fiasco. I'm not gonna give up on it tho, I have faith that Shonda Rhimes and her team of writers can turn everything around again, I'm just hoping it'll be sooner rather than later.

Just for the record: even with all of my critique, I still think it's one of the best shows on TV atm. :D
Murat
Manager

Postby Virgostar » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:39 pm

Ok, its finally back on screens here, woo! Thank God Meredith & Derek have broken up now, the storyline was becoming a dead weight on the whole show! I'm sure they'll get back together later on, but it was becoming boring....even Patrick Dempsey (aka Dr McDreamy) has said so.

I've got faith that this 4th series will be better...agreed with Murat, it started to go downhill a bit after the whole is-Meredith-dead-or-isn't-she thing.
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby naughty » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:11 pm

Oh guy !! we still have the 2nd seasonn running , I'v got the whole series on DVD , but I don't wana watch it I'll be confused then
naughty
Superstar

Postby cristy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:39 pm

Over here we're on season 3 and I watch it every week.I didn't watch it before so I can't say which season is the best.
cristy
Superstar

Postby jason2379 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:44 pm

OK, I've bought the box sets of this and I'm LOVING it :D seriously one of the best shows ever!!

I've only finished the second series, so I didnt read anything here. The last episode was really teary :cry:

What I wanted to know is season 3 out on DVD in Europe yet?
Embarrassed to be apart of this mess 8-)
jason2379
Superstar

Postby Murat » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:00 pm

^ Yeah it is. :D I own all three seasons on DVD too, but I can't wait for Grey's to be released on Blu-ray, that will be even better! 8-)
Murat
Manager

Postby mykka » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:45 pm

kushi wrote:Your assesment of the characters is really bad. And i know its your opinion, but you havent really connected to the show at all...
That's a really rude comment, just because you don't agree doesnt mean I don't connect to the show. I'm sure many others don't see things the way you do either and their opinions are just as valuable, each person connects to the show and characters in different ways. Talk about arrogant...
I could've done a full assessment on each character but this was just a light version of my feelings on the characters regarding season 3, didnt go in too deep about their behaviour and why they act like this or that...
mykka
Legend

Postby krzxxx » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:33 am

Murat wrote:^ Yeah it is. :D I own all three seasons on DVD too, but I can't wait for Grey's to be released on Blu-ray, that will be even better! 8-)
where did u get those dvds from? i cant find r2 of season three anywhere!
krzxxx
Manager

Postby Murat » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:25 am

krzxxx wrote:
Murat wrote:^ Yeah it is. :D I own all three seasons on DVD too, but I can't wait for Grey's to be released on Blu-ray, that will be even better! 8-)
Well, you can get them anywhere overhere.. :P Anyway, you might be interested in this website.. 8-) :P
Murat
Manager

Postby krzxxx » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:27 pm

Murat wrote:
krzxxx wrote:
Well, you can get them anywhere overhere.. :P Anyway, you might be interested in this website.. 8-) :P
yeah but are those dvds the proper r2, cos the likes of play and amazon aren't selling the third season....
krzxxx
Manager

Postby Murat » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:09 pm

^ Yeah they are, at least it says so on the site. "Region: 2 & 4 (UK & Europe/Japan) & (Australia/Latin America)"

Anyway, the DVD's I have really are the proper region 2 DVD's. All of the text and stuff is in Dutch/French. I hate that they do that with all the releases over here btw.. My Lost DVD's all have this big ass 'LES DISPARUS' logo on them :cry:
Murat
Manager

Postby kushi » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:43 am

T.R. Knight Wants Out of Grey's Contract
Source: People
December 9, 2008

People reports that "Grey's Anatomy" star T.R. Knight, who has played George O'Malley since the show's debut, has asked producers to write him off the hit medical drama.

While details of his exit have yet to be ironed out, a source for the magazine says that it seems likely Knight's request will be granted and he will be released from his contract.

So why does Knight, who remains a fan favorite, want to leave?

"Have you seen the show lately?" says the source. Knight has received little screen time this season, with the show focusing on controversial storylines like the romance between Katherine Heigl's Izzie and her long-dead lover, Denny.

"It's time to move on," says the source. "It just feels like this is the right time to go."
I dont really care. The show hasn't been the same since Kate Walsh left. Dr. Hahn is gone now too...
Thriller wrote:Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads
kushi
Legend

Postby Murat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:32 pm

There are some rumors going on that TR might be transferred to the B-show, aka Private Practice. :lol: Apparently they're planning to do a multiple episode long crossover so I guess they could have George transfer there or smt. Ah well, I'm not too bothered either tbh, I haven't really liked him for a while now. As long as they keep making solid episodes I'm happy. This season has been WAY better than the disaster that was season 4.
Murat
Manager

Postby kushi » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:36 pm

Murat wrote:There are some rumors going on that TR might be transferred to the B-show, aka Private Practice. :lol:
That would be so awkward becase TR's character George, and Kate Walsh's character weren't even that close!
kushi
Legend

Postby Merci » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:50 pm

Since Geroge "slept" with meridith he SUCKED big time!! I mean get over it.. he's not the same funny george from 1-2 season!!
But I still hate it when someone from the main cast leave :cry:
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby kushi » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:53 pm

Merci wrote:Since Geroge "slept" with meridith he SUCKED big time!! I mean get over it.. he's not the same funny george from 1-2 season!!
But I still hate it when someone from the main cast leave :cry:
Yeah the show used to be so great!...
kushi
Legend

Postby jason2379 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:14 pm

Oh no, I'm only on the second series...you people arent making me excited about the others! :-?
Embarrassed to be apart of this mess 8-)
jason2379
Superstar

Postby Merci » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:18 pm

jason2379 wrote:Oh no, I'm only on the second series...you people arent making me excited about the others! :-?
NO!!! 3 is awesome, 4 is okish, 5 I heard is better than 4

Best seasons
S 2
S 1
S 3
S 4
I hope 5 go up up up there :lol:
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Murat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:27 pm

Jason, just keep watching. We're judging the other seasons by Grey's Anatomy standards, which are pretty darn high considering how amazing both season 1 and 2 were. Season 3 is amazing too right up until something happens and you'll be all ' :o OH NO THEY DIDN'T!'. That's when Grey's pretty much started to go downhill, but still, compared to other shows on TV, it's a great show. Season 4 was kinda sucky, though it got a lot better towards the end and I feel like season 5 has been great so far! It's definitely miles better than s4 and will probably be better than 3 too.

In other words: keep watching. :lol:
Murat
Manager

Return to TV