Grey's Anatomy

Postby Storyteller » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:34 pm

Wayne wrote:I have to say that I've enjoyed all of the seasons so far - however, one thing has annoyed me since it happened...Jackson Avery being chairman of the board! Love his mum but not a fan of him.

I've just wrapped us season 11 - taken me 6 weeks to plough through all 11 seasons but I'm finally to to date! McDreamy's death was super sad.

Season 12 premieres in the UK in 8 days!
But he’s so pretty :( :oops: :lol:
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby muzik_biz_wiz » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:55 am

Dereks death has proven to be a huge blessing for the show as much so as breaking Arizona and Callie up. Things seemed to get on a round-a-bout in season 7 and just keep going around the same circles as far as the shows couples go.

Maggie is really refreshing having a main character who isn't 'damaged'. Jackson being a chairman of the board was quite a strange choice I often get the feeling the writers don't know what to do with him but want to keep Jesse on board. The absence of Derek in seasons 11 and 12 has given Jackson a chance to shine a bit more but I wish there was any kind of relationship between the male characters. You never see Jackson, Alex and Owen interact.
Uk the only way
muzik_biz_wiz
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:39 pm

I need Addison to make an appearance for an episode :cry: Amelia is a mess, again, she needs Addie to get through this. Amelia has been through so much, it's kinda unfair for her to be going through this sh!t again.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby johnny_d » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:09 pm

IrishLamb wrote:I need Addison to make an appearance for an episode :cry: Amelia is a mess, again, she needs Addie to get through this. Amelia has been through so much, it's kinda unfair for her to be going through this sh!t again.
I know. It's so unfair. But she is a great actress and a lot of Grey's watchers would not have seen her in PP so it makes sense for them to have her having a meltdown for all to see! I hope she finds some happiness though.

Addison is one of my favourite Grey's characters ever. I'd love her to come back even for one or two eps. Hopefully Kate will change her mind about not playing Addison any more.
Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start
johnny_d
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:38 am

johnny_d wrote:
IrishLamb wrote:I need Addison to make an appearance for an episode :cry: Amelia is a mess, again, she needs Addie to get through this. Amelia has been through so much, it's kinda unfair for her to be going through this sh!t again.
I know. It's so unfair. But she is a great actress and a lot of Grey's watchers would not have seen her in PP so it makes sense for them to have her having a meltdown for all to see! I hope she finds some happiness though.

Addison is one of my favourite Grey's characters ever. I'd love her to come back even for one or two eps. Hopefully Kate will change her mind about not playing Addison any more.
Yeah I guess the casual Grey's fans, who didn't watch Private Practice, didn't see what a mess she was before. Bitch has been through way to much :lol: Her Dad being shot infront of her, her brother being in an airplane crash, getting shot and then being killed all within, what? 4 years? :lol: She's a druggie and Alcoholic, had a baby with no brain and had to go through the horror of giving birth to him and then donating his organs, lost the love of her life after he overdosed :o :o

Addison is my favourite too, she's amazing, I need her back. They can get rid of everyone else :lol:
Last edited by Storyteller on Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Michiel » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:44 am

The show got better again since season 11 tbh. They are doing good job.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby johnny_d » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:36 am

IrishLamb wrote:

Yeah I guess the casual Grey's fans, who didn't watch Private Practice, didn't see what a mess she was before. Bitch has been through way to much :lol: Her Dad being shot infront of her, her brother being in an airplane crash, getting shot and then being killed all within, what? 4 years? :lol: She's a druggie and Alcoholic, had a baby with no brain and had to go through the horror of giving birth to him and then donating his organs, lost the love of her life after he overdosed :o :o

Addison is my favourite too, she's amazing, I need her back. They can get rid of everyone else :lol:
I know Amelia really has been to hell and back. I really hope things start to go well for her. I don't want her falling off the wagon again!!

Addison for president! Also PP>Grey's (controversial, I know!).
Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start
johnny_d
Manager

Postby muzik_biz_wiz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:26 am

I hate that Amelia is being shoved to the front and centre there are characters who hVe been on the show far longer that have been under utilised for years and deserve their spot in the sun.

Evidently Shonda and co are over Jo and Stephanie (particularly Jo who used to have great potential) and see Arizona and Amelia as the future of the show. I would be okay if Callie doesn't resign her deal after this season she's clearly phoning it in these days.
Uk the only way
muzik_biz_wiz
Manager

Postby Wayne » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:07 pm

Something seems off to me - and I've felt like this since the start of season 12.

We've had one CRACKING episode so far - the one where Penny shows up for dinner.

And what the HELL have they done to my favourite, Miranda Bailey? :cry:

I loved how she put Hunt in his place - a glimmer of hope that the old Bailey is still in there.

I think the absence of McDreamy is what's causing it to feel a bit weird for me - still a great show, but it's lacking something. Hopefully Meredith gets in on with the new cardio surgeon and we get to see more of Maggie as I love her!
Wayne
Administrator

Postby muzik_biz_wiz » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:34 am

I've not missed Derek I think it helped that he was only in 17 episodes of last season of which he only had one scene in three of them so he gradually phased out.

I love the car pool scenes what's upset me is it started off as a very funny season and felt old school but it's gone straight back to misery and melodrama from episode 6-8 and it's obviously not going to get better.

That racism subplot with Amelia and magpie was absolutely painfully written and out of character and just strange. It felt like it replaced another story last minute. I hope Jo lightens up now and gets back to being feisty and fun. They should be utilising her and stephanie as the middle characters who are nurturing the newbies and being light relief compares to their dramatic seniors but instead they're still being treated like babies even though they'll be attending by the end of the season.

The interns and Arizona are the best things this year
Uk the only way
muzik_biz_wiz
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:43 am

Yes, the racism storyline was so stupid! Atleast pick a character that could've been racist, Amelia doesn't have a racist bone in her body. I get what they were going for but it was very poorly done.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Tansike » Fri May 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Someone read the recent news who's about to leave?

My favorite character :cry:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:34 am

This season is already miles ahead of last season!
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Wayne » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:59 pm

Season 13 is absolutely fantastic so far - I can honestly and genuinely say I've not been that invested in Grey's Anatomy as I was with Alex during the first two episodes of this season since probably Christina's exit - so, so good.

I fancy Riggs so much - him and Meredith make like the hottest couple. I'm getting early days McDreamy/Meredith vibes. However, I hope it doesn't do too much damage to Meredith/Maggie's relationship.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby muzik_biz_wiz » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:50 am

I'm still a fan but they've dropped the ball.

They seem to have forgotten the year and a half time jump at the end of season 11 which had stephanie and jo go into their fifth year which seemingly they are somehow still in despite all that's gone on and April having an entire full term pregnancy.

Stephanie hasn't mentioned Kyle (or being mad at Amelia) once since he died even though it was two days before the attack on DeLuca. Amelia is just...the worst in every way and they need to move Webber on from his superiority complex he hasn't been chief for eight years.

It also seems like they literally draughtes Leah back to fill in the gap made by penny even though neither serves any purpose.

I'd like to see more relationships like nobody is friends. Even in season 10 Jos year had friendships and interactions with their seniors but they're still treated like first years. It's time to grow them up. I'd love to see Bailey and Meredith as friends and not just peers. I'm also disappointed by the fact that literally nobody at any point has given Jo a hard time or even quizzed her about the nights events.
Uk the only way
muzik_biz_wiz
Manager

Postby KEY9481 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:43 pm

This season has been fantastic imo.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Postby Wayne » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:51 pm

I'm amazed by how good Justin Chambers has been in the last couple of seasons - I think Karev has been a good replacement of Christina for Meredith.

That said, I would be ecstatic if Christina ever returned. :oops:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby vesanto » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:08 pm

muzik_biz_wiz wrote:I'm still a fan but they've dropped the ball.

They seem to have forgotten the year and a half time jump at the end of season 11 which had stephanie and jo go into their fifth year which seemingly they are somehow still in despite all that's gone on and April having an entire full term pregnancy.

Stephanie hasn't mentioned Kyle (or being mad at Amelia) once since he died even though it was two days before the attack on DeLuca. Amelia is just...the worst in every way and they need to move Webber on from his superiority complex he hasn't been chief for eight years.

It also seems like they literally draughtes Leah back to fill in the gap made by penny even though neither serves any purpose.

I'd like to see more relationships like nobody is friends. Even in season 10 Jos year had friendships and interactions with their seniors but they're still treated like first years. It's time to grow them up. I'd love to see Bailey and Meredith as friends and not just peers. I'm also disappointed by the fact that literally nobody at any point has given Jo a hard time or even quizzed her about the nights events.
I agree with you. They still have some nice moments but at this stage, the story line is not fluid at all and it really seems they are going through the motions, episode by episode. Kepner, Arizona, among many others are basically just filling the gaps.
vesanto
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:24 pm

Serious question - has Arizona's leg grown back? :lol:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Ska8er » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:16 pm

Wayne wrote:Serious question - has Arizona's leg grown back? :lol:
Don't think so :lol:
Last edited by Ska8er on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby muzik_biz_wiz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:49 am

The writers have totally forgotten about it. It's lazy. I know we were introduced to her 'fancy' leg at the end of season 9 but they constantly show her in short skirts, show her feet and bombing it around the place like a paralympian.
Uk the only way
muzik_biz_wiz
Manager

Postby Wayne » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:24 pm

I like what's about to happen with Richard and the residency learning - I love a good power struggle. :lol:

This season has so far been of a vastly higher quality than the start of season 12 IMO - so much more watchable.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby muzik_biz_wiz » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:54 am

That's interesting this is the first one I've been tempted to switch off. It's been going round in circles repeating the same conversations over 9 episodes.
Uk the only way
muzik_biz_wiz
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:30 pm

This season has been great so far! Really enjoying it! I do hope we get a guest appearance from Sandra Oh by the end :cry:
Or Kate Walsh!!!! I miss Addison soooo much :cry:
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Wayne » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Storyteller wrote:This season has been great so far! Really enjoying it! I do hope we get a guest appearance from Sandra Oh by the end :cry:
Or Kate Walsh!!!! I miss Addison soooo much :cry:
Are you caught up? So I'm currently on the mid-season break - last episode I watched was Alex deciding whether to accept the plea.

It has been exceptional TV in my view! :D Always good to see Justin Chambers get a juicy storyline - he's become one of my all-time faves.

On the subject of who we miss - I miss Izzy! Loved her character.
Wayne
Administrator

Return to TV