Wrestling

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:04 pm

I never imagined Mean Gene earning that much :o ... I wonder how much the likes of Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler etc earned in comparison (between 1998 & 2002)
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:17 pm

DOSSOME wrote:I never imagined Mean Gene earning that much :o ... I wonder how much the likes of Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler etc earned in comparison (between 1998 & 2002)
In his best year, JR earned $782,959.

But don't forget, he was an EVP for the WWE at one point, in charge of talent relations - he only became "just" a commentator in 2004 (at which point, his earnings likely halved).

Jerry Lawler's best year as an announcer was $500,000 per year (+ first class travel and accommodation + and he was allowed to make appearances for independent companies providing they didn't interfere with his WWE duties).

This is small fry though, relatively speaking, to what he would make when he owned the Memphis wrestling territory in the 70s - as a wrestler AND a promoter, he was earning between $100-$200k per year which in today's money is equivalent to $600k-$1.2m per year.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:39 pm

WOW, those guys were getting PAID!!!! Idk why I always thought announcers weren't getting much but those salaries are higher than almost 80%of the roster atm :o
DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby LambChild » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:20 pm

The Big Red Machine, Kane, made his WWF Debut 20 years ago today.

I have such nostalgic memories of Kane throughout my life. Along with Taker and HBK, Kane is probably my favorite wrestler. The initial storyline with Taker is probably one of the best the company had to offer. I remember being 5 years old and scared as HELL. Hopefully he gets in the HOF this year.
funny how one can learn
to grow numb to the madness
and block it away
LambChild
Manager

Postby Wayne » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:22 pm

LambChild wrote:The Big Red Machine, Kane, made his WWF Debut 20 years ago today.

I have such nostalgic memories of Kane throughout my life. Along with Taker and HBK, Kane is probably my favorite wrestler. The initial storyline with Taker is probably one of the best the company had to offer. I remember being 5 years old and scared as HELL. Hopefully he gets in the HOF this year.
I don't think he'll get in whilst he's running for political office.

But he is a surefire HOFer for sure.

Up until 2003, he was THE badass of all-tme:

Incredible memories, incredible legend.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby DOSSOME » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:56 am

I loved the Reverse color version the most... His debut was LEGENDARY. The WWE Creative have put him in so many embarrassing angles over the years but Pre-2002 Kane>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope he gets HOF Induction soon. I wonder who could induct him? Big Show?Shane McMahon?
DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:12 pm

For the book/album release party, Madonna doubled down on the BDSM imagery and threw an infamous party at Industria Superstudio that (to paraphrase Morrissey) would have made Caligula blush.

Betts: Walking in, just showing up out front, is Hulk Hogan standing there trying to get in. He eventually got in. I walk up with my dreads and about three four people, they look at me walk in, I look back at Hulk Hogan like "shit…he could probably whoop my ass." I'm thinking this will be regular party, whatever. The first thing I saw was a naked person suspended in the air on chains, and I say to myself, "oh shit, this will be one hell of a party."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... al-history
Amazing. :lol: Hulk Hogan attended Madonna's infamous Erotica album launch party. :lol: :lol:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby DOSSOME » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:44 pm

Flair is such a fighter... He looks nothing like someone who almost died few months ago :o
DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:46 pm

He's such a legend, his ESPN programme wiill be a revelation I'm sure.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby TIfan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:20 am

RIP to Chyna and Nicole Bass.

How come WWE did not make these two rivals. It would have been the main attraction for the PPV events!
TIfan
Legend

Postby Wayne » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:09 am

Amazing moment, Ric looked so good!
Wayne
Administrator

Return to TV