Glee

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Ska8er » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:53 am

From Ryan Murphy, the creator of "Nip/Tuck" and "Popular," comes GLEE, a one-hour musical comedy that follows an optimistic high school teacher as he tries to transform the Glee Club and inspire a group of ragtag performers to make it to the biggest competition of all: Nationals.

Will Schuester, a young optimistic teacher, has offered to take on the Herculean task of restoring McKinley's Glee Club to its former glory. Everyone around him thinks he's nuts. He's out to prove them all wrong.
Composer Billy Joel has offered any of his songs for use on the show and singer Rihanna offered her single "Take a Bow" for use at a reduced licensing rate, while other artists have offered use of their songs for free. There will be a series of Glee albums released, the first being in November, plus songs featured on the show available on iTunes immediately after each broadcast. Among the future songs that will be heard include "Bust Your Windows", which will be sung in a fantasy sequence by Riley, and Kristin Chenoweth will sing "Maybe This Time" from Cabaret and "Last Name". The second episode will feature Rachel singing Rihanna's "Take a Bow" and "All by Myself", as well as performances of "Gold Digger" and "Push It". The third episode will have Rachel singing "Taking Chances" and Kurt dancing to "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" , while later episodes will feature Van Halen's "Jump" as well as songs by Barbra Streisand, The Rolling Stones, "Somebody to Love", songs from the musical Wicked, and a performance, by Rachel, of "Don't Rain on My Parade" from the musical Funny Girl. Agron will be performing "I Say a Little Prayer" in the second episode. The first season features a total of sixty songs.

Songs featured in the pilot are "Where is Love?" from Oliver!, "Respect", "Mister Cellophane" from Chicago, "I Kissed a Girl", "On My Own" from Les Misérables, "Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat" from Guys and Dolls, "Can't Fight This Feeling", "You're the One That I Want", "Rehab" and "Don't Stop Believing".
So far the songs released on iTunes:
Rehab
Don't Stop Believing
On My Own
Can't Fight This Feeling
Gold Digger
Take a Bow
Push It
Bust Your Windows
Mercy
Taking Chances
Somebody to Love

Confirmed Guest Stars:
Kristin Chenoweth
Cheyenne
John Lloyd Young from Jersey Boys
Victor Garber
Debra Monk
Josh Groban
Eve

Did anybody else watch the pilot? I loved it and i can't wait for the series to premiere!

The series will begin on September 9th!

Official Website:http://www.fox.com/glee/

BTW, Bust Your Windows sequence is on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0cJ2ZEGH2E
Last edited by Ska8er on Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Murat » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:32 pm

<3 Glee! The pilot was brilliant, I'm really looking forward to this, but I'm afraid they won't be able to keep it up for very long without recycling their storylines. Ah well, we'll see - I'm definitely on board for now! :D
Murat
Manager

Postby NoAngels » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:43 pm

I saw a sneak peak of this show and it really sounded exciting!
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Postby Ska8er » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:00 pm

If anybody's interested their version of 'Gold Digger' is on iTunes!
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Murat » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:39 am

I just watched the Director's Cut of the pilot and I'm so excited to see the rest of the episodes now! This could go either way - it could be brilliant but it could also just be painful to watch after a few episodes... I'm already in love with the girl who plays Mercedes, she's genius. <3
Murat
Manager

Postby t_dot » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Take A Bow, Push It and Gold Digger have all leaked.

I can't wait for tomorrow night!!
t_dot
Superstar

Postby Murat » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Ooh, MUST. NOT. WATCH! I've already seen Mercedes sing ''Bust Your Windows'' (which is absolutely amazing btw) but I'm not gonna spoil anything else. So excited for this show! :D
Murat
Manager

Postby Ska8er » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:27 am

I can't wait either! :D
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby xtofer » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:44 am

I must check this out! 8-)
xtofer
Legend

Postby JimJim » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:46 am

They are advertising the shizzle out of this show here atm, it's so stupid though, they played the first episode two months before the second episode is on (which I think is next week).
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby t_dot » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:57 am

JimJim wrote:They are advertising the shizzle out of this show here atm, it's so stupid though, they played the first episode two months before the second episode is on (which I think is next week).
It's called exposure, they played the Pilot right after American Idol(the highest rated show in the US) in May just as a sneak peak. I've been seeing TV adverts all summer long and their is a lot of buzz, so hopefully that translates into success!!
t_dot
Superstar

Postby t_dot » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:39 am

Glee Cast - Take A Bow, #14 on US iTunes.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:11 pm

I'd like to watch it, but unfortunately its on when I go to my dance classes! :( Shame cos the pilot episode wasn't bad.
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby t_dot » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:47 pm

8. Take a Bow (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
27. Don't Stop Believin' (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
36. Gold Digger (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
54. Can't Fight This Feeling (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
58. Push It (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
92. On My Own (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
123. Rehab (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
t_dot
Superstar

Postby Murat » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:24 am

YAY! The 2nd episode was just as good as the epilot, if not better - so happy! :D I really hope they can keep this up. <3
Murat
Manager

Postby Ska8er » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:38 pm

I loved the second episode although it was a bit raunchier than expected!
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Murat » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:35 pm

LOL, yeah it was, but that's not a bad thing imo. Some of the conversations were absolutely hilarious! <3

''I don't seem to have a gag-reflex.''
- ''When you're older that will be looked upon as a benefit.''

''This is where our daughter or gay son will sleep.''

''And I'll get my boyfriend back!''
- ''I don't care so much about that.''

:lol:
Murat
Manager

Postby jonasmileynlt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Absolutely in love with this show <33
You're like a bad penny =)
jonasmileynlt
Manager

Postby xtofer » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:20 am

Watched the three episodes last night.. and I LOVE it!
The script is so good, I always love a show who carry their humor through witty lines.

Their renditions are superb! I love the performances of "Bust Your Window", "Gold Digger", "Rehab" and "Mercy" 8-) 8-)

Josh Groban was so cool. I love his guesting there. Hilarious!

:wink:
xtofer
Legend

Postby xtofer » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:08 pm

FOX SINGS PRAISES OF “GLEE” WITH FULL-SEASON PICKUP

FOX has ordered a full season of the critically acclaimed comedy GLEE, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President, Entertainment for Fox Broadcasting Company.

“The response we’ve received to GLEE has been remarkable,” said Reilly. “It’s already got the makings of a cultural phenomenon. I’ve seen all 13 episodes, and Ryan Murphy, his team and the talented GLEE cast have knocked our socks off with their incredible work. We’re happy to pick up this gem of a show, and can’t wait to see what they’ll do with the rest of the season.”

“It’s fantastic to be the first show picked up and that this underdog series, like its characters, will get the chance to keep singing,” said series co-creator/executive producer Ryan Murphy. “There are so many more stories to tell. We’re grateful for the incredible passion shown by everyone involved – the unbelievable fans, the cast, crew, our partners at the network and studio and even music artists and labels.”

In the next episode of GLEE, airing Wednesday, Sept. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), Kurt (Chris Colfer) takes center stage when he tries out for the football team in order to impress his dad. Sandy (guest star Stephen Tobolowsky) and Sue (Jane Lynch) join forces to carry out their plans for disbanding the Glee Club. Meanwhile, Quinn (Dianna Agron) and Finn’s (Cory Monteith) relationship is tested when they receive some life-changing news.

GLEE, the genre-defying new musical comedy series, follows an optimistic teacher who – against all odds and a malicious cheerleading coach – attempts to save McKinley High’s Glee Club from obscurity while helping a group of aspiring underdogs realize their true star potential. The critically acclaimed series stars Dianna Agron, Chris Colfer, Jessalyn Gilsig, Jane Lynch, Jayma Mays, Kevin McHale, Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Matthew Morrison, Amber Riley and Mark Salling. Guest stars this season include Victor Garber, Josh Groban, Kristin Chenoweth and Eve.

During its preview and throughout the summer, more than 25 million people sampled the first episode of GLEE. The Sept. 9 premiere of GLEE was FOX’s highest-rated fall scripted new series premiere in three years among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens. In fact, during its first week this season, over 15 million viewers watched GLEE’s fall premiere episode. Additionally, the show has attracted over 300,000 obsessed fans on Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, and after only three episodes, six of the songs featured on GLEE have already made it into iTunes’ Top 100 Downloads.

GLEE is produced by Ryan Murphy Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan are co-creators of the series. Murphy, Falchuk and Dante Di Loreto serve as executive producers, while Ian Brennan serves as co-executive producer.
xtofer
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Loved this week's episode! My favourite episode so far!

And Lea's 'Taking Chances' is amazing!
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Murat » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:24 pm

Yeah, this show keeps getting better - even if I'm starting to get annoyed by that Rachel character. :P The football team doing Single Ladies was hilarious though, really funny. <3
Murat
Manager

Postby Ska8er » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Is it just me or does this show get better with every episode?

Kristin Chenoweth was amazing and so was the ending!

US iTunes:
Somebody To Love: #3 :o
Alone: #8
Maybe This Time: #16
Don't Stop Believin': #22
Taking Chances: #28
Last Name: #29
Take A Bow: #50
Bust Your Windows: #69
Can't Fight This Feeling: #96
Mercy: #99

:o :D 8-)
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby JimJim » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:32 am

That entire episode (the 'Single Ladies' one) was so ridiculous and hilarious! :lol: I couldn't stop laughing :lol:
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby NothingFails » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:11 am

where are all the Gleeks?

I hate that there's going to be a 4 month hiatus after the Dec 9th episode... that's basically a summer hiatus, and I hope it doesn't kill the shows hype and momentum.
NothingFails
Legend

Return to TV