Glee

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Spartan » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:27 pm

menime123 wrote:So the rumours are that the 3 main choirs are going to be mentored by 3 regulars in this new season, following the time jump.
Sounds okay.

They should've just ended the show after the 101st episode.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:09 pm

The show's sixth and final season has been officially trimmed to 13 episodes.

Also, according to reports, Naya Rivera has asked to be demoted and will only appear as a recurring guest star on the show.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:45 pm

Further evidence that this show should've ended with then ending of the Glee club.
I'll watch it because it's a show I once loved but it's sad that they're gonna to force this show to limp to the finish line like a terminally ill millionaire being kept alive against their will to generate dwindling returns.
I'm hoping they can muster up something truly special to finish up with but all signs point in a not too reassuring conclusion to a former "Must see" show.
Sad.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby RayRay » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:21 pm

Hope the last season will set the screens on fire.
RayRay
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:30 pm

RayRay wrote:Hope the last season will set the screens on fire.
I'm sure they'd prefer the ratings to be on fire instead :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby naughty » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:44 am

SPOILERS. "Sort of""

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6229459/glee-final-season-details

Who's a series regular? Why is Rachel back in Ohio?

Glee's sixth and final season premise has been revealed.

According to Fox, the truncated season will again revolve around Lea Michele's Rachel Berry, who returns to Ohio after a "humiliating failure" as a TV actress. The former New Directions star will return home to Lima to figure out what she wants to do next and, after discovering that Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) has disbanded the glee club, takes it upon her self to reinstate -- and lead! -- the group that helped launch her career.

Meanwhile, Blaine (Darren Criss), Sam (Chord Overstreet) and Will (Matthew Morrison) have all found new and surprising gigs in Ohio. Fox notes that other McKinley High alums will also return for Glee's final run.

Michele, Criss, Overstreet, Lynch and Morrison will all return as series regulars and will be joined by Chris Colfer (Kurt), Dot-Marie Jones (Coach Beiste), Kevin McHale (Artie) and Amber Riley (Mercedes). Naya Rivera will return with a reduced role. Max Adler has also booked a major recurring role in the final season, reprising his role as Dave Karofsky.

Co-creator Ryan Murphy told The Hollywood Reporter at the Emmys on Monday that he doesn't currently know what the final scene of the series will be. "I did. I don't anymore, but I think it will be emotional," he said.

Murphy told reporters in April that the final season would feature a time jump and focus more on the original cast members, shifting the focus from its previous relocated home in New York.

"The final season is really its own story and its own location, and while the New York stuff will be alive, the final season is not New York-centric at all," Murphy said. "It really [will be] a lovely, fitting season that … dwells on the original people that were on the show and what happens to them and how they give back. That really is the last season. .… We'll revisit some of the new kids that came and went. There's a return of the Jane-Matt characters in a big way. It's really interesting, a very sweet, satisfying ending to the story."

Murphy's original vision for the end of the series featured Rachel and Cory Monteith's Finn Hudson's "star-crossed lovers getting together and having a happy ending and them both getting their dreams." "The fact that that can't be is a big pain in all of our hearts," he said.

Glee's final season returns midseason on Fox. An exact premiere date has not yet been determined.

naughty
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:51 pm

"the original people that were on the show" .. yet no mention of Tay Tay.

It sounds hideous, but knowing how weak-willed I am I'll end up watching it.
Spartan
Legend

Postby naughty » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:49 am

Spartan wrote:"the original people that were on the show" .. yet no mention of Tay Tay.

It sounds hideous, but knowing how weak-willed I am I'll end up watching it.
My thoughts exactly, it's just stupid, he's like admitting we didn't know what we were doing!

I'll watch anyway too, just because. :roll:
naughty
Superstar

Postby NoAngels » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:49 pm

OK, I'm a bit late I know, but I finally finished watching the whole 5th season. I quite liked it. But I just gotta say that after the 13th episode onwards it really felt like I was watching a Spin-off of the show, it didn't sound "Glee" to me, some characters really shouldn't have been brought back like Quinn, some others should have stopped like Kurt and Sam for example, I don't know it really felt like they were "fillers" and have been unnecessarily dragged in each episode.

I think we will see more of "the Spin-off" in the 6th season with Rachel being in LA and some other character dragging!
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Postby Ska8er » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:31 pm

NoAngels wrote:OK, I'm a bit late I know, but I finally finished watching the whole 5th season. I quite liked it. But I just gotta say that after the 13th episode onwards it really felt like I was watching a Spin-off of the show, it didn't sound "Glee" to me, some characters really shouldn't have been brought back like Quinn, some others should have stopped like Kurt and Sam for example, I don't know it really felt like they were "fillers" and have been unnecessarily dragged in each episode.

I think we will see more of "the Spin-off" in the 6th season with Rachel being in LA and some other character dragging!
It's actually the complete opposite. The 6th season will have a time gap and be set back in McKinley, with the characters being teachers of their own glee clubs. Or something like that. :lol:
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:51 pm

What I don't understand is why they didn't pull season 5 before it aired and scrapped Rachel making it to Broadway. Her opening night would have been the perfect series finale, considering they couldn't have the one they wanted.

What's annoying is that as a character, Rachel had so much potential. I know a lot of people found her annoying, but I wanted her to succeed. For the first 3 seasons it was drummed into us she would achieve everything she promised she would, and then it all fell flat. Rachel should have had her own spin off show without any of the others. But I suppose the premise would have been too close to SMASH.

In the end the show became a victim of its own success - they should have had the kids leave the entire series upon graduation, or left thr school behind and had us follow them all on their own individual journeys.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:55 pm

In my opinion , the show went downhill when Murphy stopped paying attention to this show and focusing more on AHS.

After season 3, the show has become a bit messy with a lot of loopholes and inconsistency. Even before Corey's death, they seemed like they didn't know how to develop the series and the characters. It was just constant relationship changes, a few cultural topics, a few tribute episodes and a bunch of song performances in between.

Season 4 could've been really great if they didn't make Rachel seem more obnoxious and selfish than ever before. They just tried to make everything about her and she found success way to early. I suppose they understood that themselves, which is why they are going to make her fail next season.

Idk.. i just watch it for the music nowadays. And Santana/Mercedes.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Spartan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:55 pm

Personally I'd rank the seasons:
1. S1
2. S4
3. S3
4. S2
5. S5

In a way I just can't wait for the show to be over. I have such a hatred towards what it has become.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Ranking time!
1. S1
2. S3
3. S4
4. S2
5. S5
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Migrate » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:12 am

When is the new season beginning ............ -_-
Migrate
Manager

Postby Spartan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:14 pm

March. Frankly the sooner it's over the better.
Spartan
Legend

Postby DayFusion » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:34 am

Spartan wrote:Frankly the sooner it's over the better.
DayFusion
Superstar

Postby carloandrew » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:29 am

Why less Santana? She was my sort of favorite.
Caution and Giving Me Life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
carloandrew
Manager

Postby Spartan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Two -hour season premiere January 9th.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Migrate » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:33 pm

DayFusion wrote:
Spartan wrote:Frankly the sooner it's over the better.
Migrate
Manager

Postby Ska8er » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Theodorerichert » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:02 am

I wonder if someone will die in the finale?
Theodorerichert
Manager

Postby Spartan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:55 am

Theodorerichert wrote:I wonder if someone will die in the finale?
Erm no. This is Glee, not Game Of Thrones.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:23 pm

I'm missing Quinn & Mike in that photo.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby NoAngels » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:45 am

Spartan wrote:
Theodorerichert wrote:I wonder if someone will die in the finale?
Erm no. This is Glee, not Game Of Thrones.
:lol:

I can't wait for the show to wrap up too to be honest.
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Return to TV