Soap Spoilers: Who's Coming, Who’s Going?

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Spartan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:42 pm

Lauren's been awful since Jacqueline Jossa has come back from maternity leave. It's almost like she's forgotten how to act.
Abi had so much potential though.
Spartan
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Completely agree, Abi's character has really been developing into something quite interesting. I'm bored of Laurens whining and pouting though.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Thriller » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:26 pm

First post updated.
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:36 pm

Ben Mitchell is now leaving EastEnders, but I have a feeling it'll be as a temporary plot device in the Wilmott-Brown story.
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:41 pm

Masons is also returning to EE. Though I liked him, there's not much there for him now unless it's Jane's funeral or Denise's wedding.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:44 pm

Spartan wrote:Masons is also returning to EE. Though I liked him, there's not much there for him now unless it's Jane's funeral or Denise's wedding.
Who??
Thriller

Postby Toxic » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:00 pm

Thriller wrote:
Spartan wrote:Masons is also returning to EE. Though I liked him, there's not much there for him now unless it's Jane's funeral or Denise's wedding.
Who??
Think they meant to write Masood
Toxic
Manager

Postby Thriller » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:13 pm

Oh! I thought Masood was well past his sell-by and I haven't missed him at all. Apparently he's bringing some new family members with him :roll:
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:44 pm

Thriller wrote:Ben Mitchell is now leaving EastEnders, but I have a feeling it'll be as a temporary plot device in the Wilmott-Brown story.
I hope so - Harry is so good as Ben and Ben really needs to be on the show. A new head really isn’t ideal.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:35 pm

David Platt is going to be the victim of a male rape early next year.
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:27 pm

Johnny’s leaving EE - what a shame, such a charismatic actor.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Spartan wrote:Johnny’s leaving EE - what a shame, such a charismatic actor.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh to never see that blue sparkly suit again!
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:05 am

Kat, Jean and Big Mo are all back... and NO ALFIE! 8-)
Thriller

Postby BehindBreakaway » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:57 am

Thriller wrote:
Spartan wrote:Johnny’s leaving EE - what a shame, such a charismatic actor.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh to never see that blue sparkly suit again!
:lol: :lol:
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby menime123 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:45 pm

Thriller wrote:Kat, Jean and Big Mo are all back... and NO ALFIE! 8-)
I assume this means Alfie is looking after the bar in Spain because Kat returns without her kids too. I hope we get to find out what happened after the last episode of their spin off, because if we went though all that for her son not to come to London to murder a few characters I’ll be pissed :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby biscuits » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Love Big Mo!
biscuits
The Diva

Postby menime123 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:02 pm

biscuits wrote:Love Big Mo!
Me too and no idea why the just decided to stop including the character without any sort of explanation.

It’s a shame because the actress is more than capable and was the sister in law of Pat - making her aunt to the likes of David Wicks and great aunt to Bianca and her brood, giving her big links to 3 of the major EE families (Slater, Wicks and Jacksons).

I assume she knows Kathy too, so it’s odd they never tried to make that connection when Kathy was in desperate need of friends after coming back from the dead.
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:57 pm

I really went off Kat in her last stint so I hope she’s improved. Big Mo I can do without.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Kat has always been best without Alfie. I hope they fully explain the events post-Redwater and I wouldn't mind at all seeing some of those characters come to Walford!
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:47 pm

It’s time to rebuild the Slater Family. We need Lynn, Little Mo and all of the teenager kids that should now include. Recast Zoe (she’s been gone over a decade) and find a way of bringing in her murderous son - how far would Kat go to protect him?

Charlie should never have been killed off, and Belinda should come back if they’re bringing them all back in. If Jean is back, I want Sean back too (let’s forget blackout Kyle though, he was crap).

I could totally see Sean and Mel together, Little Mo and Billy (lobsters) and Lynn should come in with a whole new family.
menime123
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:02 pm

So what happened in the Kat & Alfie spin off? I didn't watch it.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby menime123 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:16 pm

SholasBoy wrote:So what happened in the Kat & Alfie spin off? I didn't watch it.
Kat’s son was a priest who killed people, then reversed a boat into Kat who was shredded by the propellers. Alfie flatlined when having an operation in his brain tumour. The series ended on a cliffhanger, so we don’t know whether they lived or died.
menime123
Legend

Postby Thriller » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:03 pm

menime123 wrote:It’s time to rebuild the Slater Family. We need Lynn, Little Mo and all of the teenager kids that should now include. Recast Zoe (she’s been gone over a decade) and find a way of bringing in her murderous son - how far would Kat go to protect him?

Charlie should never have been killed off, and Belinda should come back if they’re bringing them all back in. If Jean is back, I want Sean back too (let’s forget blackout Kyle though, he was crap).

I could totally see Sean and Mel together, Little Mo and Billy (lobsters) and Lynn should come in with a whole new family.
I don't know about Lynne or Little Mo. Lynne was always the least popular sister and Little Mo could be incredibly annoying especially once she got with Billy and then Alfie.

Belinda should return and I'm up for recasting Zoe.
Thriller

Postby biscuits » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:17 pm

Lynne was boring but brought normality to the family. In the early days, she probably had most interaction with other characters and she worked well with Kat due to their opposite traits.

I loved the episode after Little Mo hit Trevor with the iron, which focuses on Mo, Lynn and Kat deciding on what to do.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby menime123 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:39 am

biscuits wrote:Lynne was boring but brought normality to the family. In the early days, she probably had most interaction with other characters and she worked well with Kat due to their opposite traits.

I loved the episode after Little Mo hit Trevor with the iron, which focuses on Mo, Lynn and Kat deciding on what to do.
What I loved about Lynne was that originally, Kat was closer to her and they had a ‘big sister, little sister’ dynamic.

What I think is missing with Kat is that ‘Slater’ element - for the longest time she’s been ‘Kat Moon: Wife, Mother, Landlady, etc’. I love Stacey, but she isn’t a Slater sister - bringing back her sisters will force Kat to naturally revert back to her Slater origins, just like we all do when we’re around our siblings.

That doesn’t mean progression is lost, but you always revert back to your role within your family when you’re surrounded by them, and it’s that dynamic I’d love to see.
menime123
Legend

Return to TV