The Walking Dead

Postby Bojan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Agreed with previous post. They should just kill Negan and problem solved.

I really loved this show until this season. The first episode was good, but it's going nowhere now. It's becoming a typical soap opera. I'm more interested to find out is there some safe place without infected, what is that infection, what is the future of humanity, is there a cure and so on. Instead of that we are getting a low budget Mad Max.

And that baby and Carl are growing a way too fast. :lol:
Bojan
Manager

Postby Michiel » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:54 pm

Bojan wrote:
I really loved this show until this season. The first episode was good, but it's going nowhere now. It's becoming a typical soap opera. I'm more interested to find out is there some safe place without infected, what is that infection, what is the future of humanity, is there a cure and so on. Instead of that we are getting a low budget Mad Max.
I second that.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Michiel » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:24 pm

Their worst episode ever? Half of these storylines made no Sense. Enid afraid of one zombie while she killed probably 100's and survived alone for a very long time. And then Carl suddenly appeared? Okay. I won't even start About the bad Acting and the lack of any chemistry. The Hilltop storyline not much better...

This season is a shadow of former seasons and it's going downhill with each episode. I'm aware of my negativity and Will let the show rest for a few weeks so i can binge watch a couple of episodes. Maybe that Will help. Even the Boring parts and rants in season 2 were better than this awful mess.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:03 pm

Season 2 was the worst season of any show. Ever.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby NothingFails » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:06 pm

Shane looked GOOOOOD in season 2 though, so that saves it from the mess the show has become lately :lol:

The real problem is they keep changing creative teams every other season so the show is ridiculously uneven and disjointed. There are no real set plans for the future of the show, AMC wants to drag is out as long as possible... it's not a case like Breaking Bad or Sons Of Anarchy where the showrunner had the entire story mapped out in his head and knew when he wanted the show to go. TWD is akin to a network sitcom like Big Bang that is going to keep going as long as profits are being generated, when sometimes its better to go out on top than with a whimper.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:41 pm

That's true.

It is all over the place and I hate it.
The first season, the 'hospital season and the last season was the only ones I really enjoyed for the most part and the first episode of this season.

Its always the same crap different day. They find a town, cause trouble, get steady, get external trouble and have to move on.

I'll never understand why they don't over fortify the places they have.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Ska8er » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:24 am

aaliyahman wrote:Season 2 was the worst season of any show. Ever.
+1
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:22 pm

Last episode was okay.
I liked the women taking charge of the senile Hilltop leader
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Ska8er » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:36 pm

How convenient was it to find not one but two pairs of perfectly functioning roller skates in an abandoned bag in the middle of nowhere? Can you believe their luck?
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:46 pm

I think it was great to see Maggie again (and Jesus with his kung fu moves) though was the weakest episode of the season so far, Gregory is indeed a total coward like Nick who thinks of his own self preservation before anything else, he thought it was progress kneeling to Negan's number 2? And when earlier they attack the zombies let in it's just the 3 of them, where did those 2 they called out to help go? Also how on earth are Carl and Jesus going to get out without being detected?? (sometimes I do feel some of the plot doesn't make sense)

Next weeks preview on Talking Dead was really surprising ie it's location

Oh and season 2 was the worst of the show virtually the whole season was at the farm, still better than Lost's last season, I hope that Walking Dead doesn't go the same way ie have a rubbish ending
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby Michiel » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:46 pm

Ska8er wrote:
aaliyahman wrote:Season 2 was the worst season of any show. Ever.
+1
Heroes (season 3) disagrees.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:32 pm

At least Heroes had magic powers.

TWD had Carrrrl in a coma. Herschel and his rules. SOPHIAAAAA and yep that was it.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Michiel » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:26 pm

aaliyahman wrote:At least Heroes had magic powers.

TWD had Carrrrl in a coma. Herschel and his rules. SOPHIAAAAA and yep that was it.
Well at least there was the awesome season finale to make up for it (or at least partly) :lol:. Had to laugh with the Sophiaaaa comment though, it was horrible :lol: :lol:.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby TIfan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Jesus came get it. Anytime. Anyplace. I don't care who's around.
TIfan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:04 pm

I felt the suspense a lot in that episode at the pool table scene but I was annoyed with Rosita using her bullet at that point, even though I like her.

Spencer's death - brutal, but expected! Olivia's death - surprising, but I guess it's been teased plenty of times before.

The closing shot just showed how few of the group are left now... although Carol and Morgan are in that house and Eugene is now with Negan. I am glad Daryl is back with the group!

Some questions going into the next half of the season: who was the owner of the mystery boot? Will Tara tell anyone about the female-only group she met? Will we see King Ezekiel again? Will Carol re-join the group? There's a lot to happen and I want the pace to hurry up!
Thriller

Postby SeeForever » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:24 am

Overall they have dragged out the first 8 episodes (still it's not as bad as season 2 when they did that), still finally Rick has realised they can't continue acting as slaves for Negan, they just beat up Aaron over a note and Rick could only watch all it takes it one wrong move and someone else will die

Sad about Olivia but Spencer did indeed not have any guts won't miss him at all on the show, not sure how Eugene will cope working for the Saviours, as for Daryl was really surprised what he did to Fat Joey

Interesting preview for next February though I can't see how they can all work together to defeat Negan's army, wonder who the man watching Alexandria is?
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:42 pm

Looks like Sasha's time is numbered too... Sonequa Martin-Green signed on to star on the new Star Trek series so I can't see her staying on here much longer.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Rihab » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:50 am

I just finished season 6 and I'm a little scared of starting with season 7. I just know they'll kill off one of my faves.
Rihab
Legend

Postby LJC123 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:36 pm

Anyone watched episode 9 and 10?

Thoughts?

Those scrapyard folk tho... :lol: :roll:
LJC--->>
LJC123
Manager

Postby Thriller » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:19 pm

I loved the scrapyard scene with Rick and that battle zombie!

This week's episode was a bit :-? cos Eugene is one of my least favourite characters.
Thriller

Postby aaliyahman » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:57 pm

I hate Eugene. Full episode I just want skinny Negan scalped now.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:44 pm

I'd be totally down for a whole extended episode centred around Negan's death scene.
Thriller

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Ummm why is this show becoming "Mad Max" ?
I'm on Episode 10 and gone to shut it off at least 3 times.
All this faux medieval shite, whether it be comic based or not, just looks like they're trying to horn in on "Game of Thrones" turf and is actually pretty laughable.
I really feel like this show might benefit from a shorter season order as there's ALWAYS filler episodes, or seasons,
Stick with the characters we love like Daryl and Carol and less of this cosplay gone wrong story line because if this off the wall crap continues I'm very close to tapping out of this show.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby alxx » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:37 pm

I'm getting v. bored of it as well... same old story line on repeat.
alxx
Legend

Postby LightSeeker » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:16 pm

I'm the biggest fanboy of this show but this season is a chore. After episode 1 I had massive hopes with good reason. The stakes are the highest and it has so much potential but it's going nowhere. It hurts admitting it but season 7 is painful. They need to kick it up a notch and soon.
Yeah Yeah Yeah, We Could Do This Forever!
LightSeeker
Manager

Return to TV