The Walking Dead

 

Postby menime123 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:17 pm

Thriller wrote:Bit of a reach! Are we meant to care about a forgettable season one character?
I think it’s more for the comic fans than tv viewers - but was a crap return because frankly that was literally 100 episodes ago :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
User avatar
menime123
Superstar
 
Posts: 8864
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby Michiel » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:48 pm

The decline of this show is too painful...
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
User avatar
Michiel
Legend
 
Posts: 10719
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010
Location: Antwerpen, Belgium

Postby menime123 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:42 pm

Michiel wrote:The decline of this show is too painful...
They’ll figure it out. I’m hoping this last war with Negan gives them stability to actually build lives. I’m ready to see what happens there, instead of just people killing people all the time instead of zombies. I think that’s why I loved the prison so much - they really tried to make it work.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
User avatar
menime123
Superstar
 
Posts: 8864
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby Thriller » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:37 pm

What was the point in bringing that guy back for Daryl to kill him? Daryl killing everyone without question was the best thing about the episode although Morgan is suddenly wanting everyone dead and Jesus is the new voice of reason? The scene with Aaron watch Eric disappear as a walker was sad.

I feel like it's a bit messy at the moment. It's hard to know where everyone is. The cliffhanger was good though.
User avatar
Thriller
Moderator
 
Posts: 67470
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003
Location: UK

Postby menime123 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:38 pm

Thriller wrote:What was the point in bringing that guy back for Daryl to kill him? Daryl killing everyone without question was the best thing about the episode although Morgan is suddenly wanting everyone dead and Jesus is the new voice of reason? The scene with Aaron watch Eric disappear as a walker was sad.

I feel like it's a bit messy at the moment. It's hard to know where everyone is. The cliffhanger was good though.
I agree more or less. My biggest gripe is I don’t know why they all split up into different locations. I get they’re trying to disband The Saviours, but I feel like they missed a trick taking a breather between episode 1 and 2.

Eric dying was sad. I guess he’ll pop up again because he wasn’t put down as a walker. But I swear Aaron died last season... so him popping up in episode 1 was a surprise :lol:

I’m over The King - my guess is he’s more believable in the comic book than on TV. He needs de-throning and made to give up The King persona, because humanising him is the only way to save the character imo.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
User avatar
menime123
Superstar
 
Posts: 8864
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby SeeForever » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:07 pm

menime123 wrote:I agree more or less. My biggest gripe is I don’t know why they all split up into different locations. I get they’re trying to disband The Saviours, but I feel like they missed a trick taking a breather between episode 1 and 2.

Eric dying was sad. I guess he’ll pop up again because he wasn’t put down as a walker. But I swear Aaron died last season... so him popping up in episode 1 was a surprise :lol:

I’m over The King - my guess is he’s more believable in the comic book than on TV. He needs de-throning and made to give up The King persona, because humanising him is the only way to save the character imo.
I think you just got your wish!! At last an episode where someone has a proper character moment after all the shooting for 3 weeks, didn't expect what happened near the end, really sad about that, still that moment with the axe was priceless

Does Rick using that new weapon make him as bad as the Saviors though?
RIP The Queen Of Disco
User avatar
SeeForever
Legend
 
Posts: 13693
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006
Location: West Midlands, England

Postby menime123 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 pm

SeeForever wrote:
menime123 wrote:I agree more or less. My biggest gripe is I don’t know why they all split up into different locations. I get they’re trying to disband The Saviours, but I feel like they missed a trick taking a breather between episode 1 and 2.

Eric dying was sad. I guess he’ll pop up again because he wasn’t put down as a walker. But I swear Aaron died last season... so him popping up in episode 1 was a surprise :lol:

I’m over The King - my guess is he’s more believable in the comic book than on TV. He needs de-throning and made to give up The King persona, because humanising him is the only way to save the character imo.
I think you just got your wish!! At last an episode where someone has a proper character moment after all the shooting for 3 weeks, didn't expect what happened near the end, really sad about that, still that moment with the axe was priceless

Does Rick using that new weapon make him as bad as the Saviors though?
I think I did :o :lol:

Best episode of the season so far. Very sad ending.

I’m hoping Rick will only use the weapon if he has to... Jesus will talk him around. Yes, Rick’s group could be judged as being as bad as The Saviours, but Rick’s actions are defensive - he has been pushed into his current position. Rick would never play with The Saviours in the same way Negan played with them - Negan played mind games, from killing Abraham and Glenn for sport, almost cutting Carl’s arm off then walking around all casually with Judith.

What happens once Rick wins (and he will), is where the character redemption will come into it - not just for Rick, but everyone (let’s face it, they’ve killed without question in these last few episodes). I’m still waiting for them to build a community and build some sort of life. I’m so over fighting various groups, losing and moving on... but even after The Saviours, we’ve got these trash dwelling folk to deal with.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
User avatar
menime123
Superstar
 
Posts: 8864
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby LightSeeker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:28 am

I think I'm in the minority here in that I think Season 8 has been incredible. I think the season is building up to wars breaking out internally as well as with the Saviour's; Rick vs Daryl, Jesus vs Morgan, Maggie vs Gregory etc etc. The latest episode was possibly the best and a big return to form after season 7. I was absolutely gutted at the ending to the point I almost teared up. It was also a big moment seeing Ezekiel so broken and defeated. I hope the rest of the season keeps up with it.
Yeah Yeah Yeah, We Could Do This Forever!
User avatar
LightSeeker
Manager
 
Posts: 2398
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005
Location: Manchester

Postby Thriller » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:34 pm

I disagree, I think this season has been the worst (so far). What I hate is the way they have a big episode, and then the following 3/4 episodes are slow. The latest episode was a step in the right direction... can we get back to Negan now?
User avatar
Thriller
Moderator
 
Posts: 67470
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003
Location: UK

Postby LightSeeker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Thriller wrote:I disagree, I think this season has been the worst (so far). What I hate is the way they have a big episode, and then the following 3/4 episodes are slow. The latest episode was a step in the right direction... can we get back to Negan now?
I do get where you're coming from but I feel a bit like they can't win. Season 7 was ripped to shreds because it was a complete misstep, and I do agree with that. They've then come back all guns blazing and they're still slated. The last episode was a definite step in the right direction but to be honest Negan has now worn a bit thin for me and I was a big fan when he was first introduced. I want to see The Whisperers now!
Yeah Yeah Yeah, We Could Do This Forever!
User avatar
LightSeeker
Manager
 
Posts: 2398
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005
Location: Manchester

Postby menime123 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:13 pm

But guns have been blazing for 4 episodes - the majority of each episode so far has been guns being fired at other people without hardly any story. It’s a bit tired now.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
User avatar
menime123
Superstar
 
Posts: 8864
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby Thriller » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:23 pm

menime123 wrote:But guns have been blazing for 4 episodes - the majority of each episode so far has been guns being fired at other people without hardly any story. It’s a bit tired now.
Exactly, nothing's actually happened! They think that constant gunfire means action? It's even more boring.
User avatar
Thriller
Moderator
 
Posts: 67470
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003
Location: UK

Postby menime123 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:07 pm

Thriller wrote:
menime123 wrote:But guns have been blazing for 4 episodes - the majority of each episode so far has been guns being fired at other people without hardly any story. It’s a bit tired now.
Exactly, nothing's actually happened! They think that constant gunfire means action? It's even more boring.
Exactly. Next week it’ll have been 4 weeks since Negan was surrounded by walkers stuck in a cabin with the priest - what’s happening there?

So many characters haven’t had a look in, its rediculous. Episode 4 was a real vintage episode imo - the show isn’t really about the dead, but how people are dealing with the new world they find themselves in.

The King’s breakdown back to just Ezekiel (if that is his real name?) was a character plot which will lead us onto a different version of the character. That was needed. That was real progression. I suspect Aaron will be headed in a new direction with Eric dying, but Eric dying was relegated to a sub plot of a whole load of gunfire. That’s not proper story telling imo.

Never mind. I hope next week is the end of the shooting - they can’t honestly expect it to last 5 weeks.

When I first watched the show I binge watched it (earlier this year) - 7 series in 3 weeks, and I knew it would drive me insane watching it weekly, because actually - not a lot happens in older seasons either episode to episode :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
User avatar
menime123
Superstar
 
Posts: 8864
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Return to TV