The Walking Dead

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Thriller » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:39 pm

SO many holes in that episode! As mid-season finales go, it was just OK for me. They drag everything out so much in this season and it feels like the characters are scattered about too much. It's all quite disjointed.

Carl being bitten by a walker was a good twist though as it all brings it back home that they're not just fighting the Saviours but the initial problem is still out there. I don't mind if he has to die, it might progress Rick's determination to beat Negan.
Thriller

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Yesss so glad Carrrulll is going
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:01 pm

So this came back without much fanfare...

Didn't actually find Carl's death that interesting, it was very drawn out - Michonne made me the most emotional.

Turns out Rick's flash-forwards were actually Carl's vision of the future then? Negan redemption arc...? No surely not! :lol: :roll:

Didn't understand the final scene.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:13 pm

Thriller wrote:So this came back without much fanfare...

Didn't actually find Carl's death that interesting, it was very drawn out - Michonne made me the most emotional.

Turns out Rick's flash-forwards were actually Carl's vision of the future then? Negan redemption arc...? No surely not! :lol: :roll:

Didn't understand the final scene.
I think the final scene was Rick finally having his own dream of what Carl envisaged.

I agree his death was long and drawn out, and we still have the letters to distribute. I think killing Carl off was a horrid mistake to be honest - especially as he had grown into one of the most moral and well adjusted characters. The only real interest in thus is how Rick deals with it - and I had enough of seeing Rick being absolutely broken last season.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:45 am

loved season 8 so far. Carl's death is sad of course, but the character really wasn't needed anymore and I find the new guy much more interesting, he is a doctor afterall.

I love Carol, she is the backbone of the show and the secret weapon for all occasions. I love that. I love that she is falling in love with Ezekiel and vice versa... I hope they make many babies.

Rick and the trash people was the worst storyline of all times. As many said, that folk is like a caricature of demented ppl. I'd have blown them up by episode 1 of the season and be done with it, they are useless.

I love Maggie and how she murdered that savior while he was insulting her. I really really really hope that she also kills the one with the long hair. I detest that character.
stevyy
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:38 am

You hate Jesus?
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:57 pm

menime123 wrote:You hate Jesus?
i love jesus. I mean the dude with the long hair who killed the little boy from the kingdom... who is so aggro all the time.
stevyy
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Doesn’t ring any bells, but if he’s Negan he’s a dick anyway :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:33 pm

menime123 wrote:Doesn’t ring any bells, but if he’s Negan he’s a dick anyway :lol:
stevyy
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:38 pm

stevyy wrote:
menime123 wrote:Doesn’t ring any bells, but if he’s Negan he’s a dick anyway :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:54 pm

stevyy wrote:
Kill that thing with fire. Hate the character.

Last episode was kinda pointless. Reverend snake, your God does not exist unfortunately...is that what we are meant to takeaway.

Just Kill Negan already, him and Lucille are divvies.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:11 pm

This entire season has been a bit crap to be honest - no wonder they killed Carl off, it needed an injection of something bold. I actually think it’s time they grouped back up and just walked away from Alexandria.

I miss the days of them struggling to survive against - you know, the walking dead - and not fellow humans. I don’t like how we’re now split between 3 or 4 different camps - it needs to bring back its sense of them all being part of their own small group out of necessit.

It would be good if Carl’s death reminded them all that the real enemy is the dead and not each other. Negan needs to die, but unless they’re prepared to kill off the entire group, I don’t see the point.

I mean Rick is a small town sheriff, not some military genius. I’m all for defending yourself - which is what they were doing with Alexandria - but this entire season has destroyed it anyway.

I love the show but I need it to go back to basics a bit.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Completely agree, it feels so disjointed, messy and aimless at the moment. I wanted to all just gather at the hilltop and try and make that work. Let's have the next big problem to do with the Walkers and not another villain like Negan.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:54 pm

Yes. I miss the endless days of walking along the train tracks nowadays :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:17 pm

The biggest problem with this show is they like to drag out storylines for way too long, I've probably mentioned this before but Game Of Thrones works with 10 episode series though admit they rushed season 7, The Walking Dead needs less episodes, less filler

Season 2 of The Walking Dead still the worst as they stayed forever at the farm, but the whole Negan arc is getting really tiring now, this show for me was at it's best when they were at the prison dealing with the Governor

God knows how this show will end, my guess someone will find a cure to the 'disease' they are all carrying, doubt that will be Eugene!
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Oh I really like the farm stuff in season 2.

In terms of the end... probably just kill off the main cast :lol:

Seriously though, when you look at the zombies they are more rotten as each new season airs. Surely there would come a point where they all just fall apart? I know they all contain the disease that turns anyone who dies into a zombie, so maybe a cure storyline could happen - but these characters aren’t part of that story imo.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Michiel » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:46 am

menime123 wrote:Yes. I miss the endless days of walking along the train tracks nowadays :lol:
:lol: :lol: Hilarious, but so true actually! Back in the day I was anticipating every episode, nowadays I just pick one up randomly. The storyline is awful, and when the Negan storyline kicked off everything fell apart in my opinion. It's not only his storyline of course, it's the intertwinement of all these awful storylines. This show has become a maffia-ish show, and seriously I can't be bothered anymore to follow it. It's a mess.
They are strolling around for the first couple of seasons hardly meeting anyone, and now there are 50 camps in a 100 metres radius? Sure sure. I know I'm exaggerating, but you get the point. The heart of this show is the barrenness, the aimlessness, the horror and the chaos of this so called new world. It's defendable and understandable that they changed their focus to the question: 'how can we make a new world in this world?' They did not lose the soul of this show by this 'question shift', but rather by how they have done it. The zombies are 5th ranked enemies, and at this point it's very tough (if not impossible) to get connected to any character. I mean nowadays I wouldn't even care if Daryl died. I may be oversimplifying, but (imo) two options are left: Or they come up with a complete fresh and surprising angle for the following seasons (I would prefer a new young team of producers and writers), or they just they take it off the air. This is going nowhere.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:14 am

I agree.

The show used to be amazing when it was tense due to the walkers.

Now it is this mundane turf war which could easily have been ended as they have had numerous opportunities to kill Negan. I mean he's a skinny, uncharasmatic man with an obsession for a piece of wood.

The show used to be like FALLOUT 4 but now it's more like Call of Duty.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:49 pm

This week was an improvement actually.

But that should have been the end of it. Megan escaping and now hostage of the weird one is overkill - and we’ve had overkill for 2 seasons now. Finally some new characters - I wonder if they are somehow linked to the helicopter?

I’m looking forward to the next season, because I really think they’re going to mix things up and sort it out. I agree that they’ve learnt how to survive, but they need to learn how to survive and build a future. Maggie gets it, Carole wants it, Michone desperately wants it and I think Carl’s death will ultimately stop Rick and his tunnel vision and give him strength to go get it for everyone.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:55 pm

I can’t take it anymore, just how many times is Rick going to allow Negan to escape?! Now, by chance, the trash lady has him?! Ludicrous. I was just rolling my eyes throughout. It’s at the point where I don’t give much of a damn about these characters. Carol, Michonne and Maggie are pretty much the only three I’d be sad to see die.
Thriller

Postby aaliyahman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:51 pm

Thriller wrote:I can’t take it anymore, just how many times is Rick going to allow Negan to escape?! Now, by chance, the trash lady has him?! Ludicrous. I was just rolling my eyes throughout. It’s at the point where I don’t give much of a damn about these characters. Carol, Michonne and Maggie are pretty much the only three I’d be sad to see die.
Exactly the same! When did that little cow who was ‘with’ Carl get so bossy.

I like the amazon tribe, i wish they were in it more.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby SeeForever » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:53 pm

At times I feel the show has followed the comics just too closely, however Carol died at the prison in the comic, thank god they didn't do that on the TV show, she and Daryl are the best characters (Daryl of course isn't in the comic!!) Michonne and Maggie are the obvious other standouts, though the whole Rick/Michonne romance just was a bad idea (it was Rick and Andrea in the comic I think)

I thought the last episode was great (for a change), now that Negan knows what Simon did, I think Negan might join forces with trash lady, the episode where Simon did away with her people was the first decent storyline with them

As for Oceanside, Aaron has a way of recruiting people, he got Rick and co to Alexandria
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby Thriller » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:43 pm

So one of my fundamental problems with this show is there are too many people who I don’t know, or that the show expects me to remember:

- no idea who that person Morgan was seeing was meant to be or why he was seeing him.
- no idea who the bleeding man Carol ran to help is.
- in the battle scenes I can’t tell who’s a saviour and who’s not.
- I struggle to see anything in the blackout scenes.

I’m sorry but there’s no way when the group rained bullets from the house they’d have missed that many saviours!

Oh god that little bloody kid! I knew he was one to watch.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:22 pm

Thriller wrote:So one of my fundamental problems with this show is there are too many people who I don’t know, or that the show expects me to remember:

- no idea who that person Morgan was seeing was meant to be or why he was seeing him.
- no idea who the bleeding man Carol ran to help is.
- in the battle scenes I can’t tell who’s a saviour and who’s not.
- I struggle to see anything in the blackout scenes.

I’m sorry but there’s no way when the group rained bullets from the house they’d have missed that many saviours!

Oh god that little bloody kid! I knew he was one to watch.
The guy Morgan was seeing was the 3rd in charge over at Negan, and only killed 2 or 3 episodes ago. I think Carol’s man was someone she had a thing with for like 1 episode a few seasons ago.

To be honest I agree though. When things gets confusing I just look for Andrew Lincoln swaggering around. Boy sure knows how to wear a pair of trousers :P
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby stevyy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:18 pm

season finale was amazing... but omg... maggie, daryl & jesus versus michonne, rick and negan in season 9. what a twist.
stevyy
Legend

Return to TV