Desperate Housewives

Postby Frederic » Mon May 16, 2011 10:23 am

Our Wisteria gals will be back for another season in September! Look out for these storylines to unfold:
  • Will Carlos and Gaby get away with murder?
  • Lynette's new life as a single mother;
  • Bree's new life with detective Chuck;
  • Susan and Mike being back on the Lane.
I've grown to love Renee. I hope she sticks around next season.
Last edited by Frederic on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby thebigham » Mon May 16, 2011 2:07 pm

This has to be the last season.
thebigham
Legend

Postby Spartan » Mon May 16, 2011 7:19 pm

I hope Vanessa Williams sticks around too, althoguh she's often wasted on the show. I also hope Doug Savant sticks around.
Spartan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Tue May 17, 2011 9:43 pm

I hope they don't introduce many new characters.

I'm quite used to the current cast now:
The 4 housewives and their children
Tom, Carlos, Mike, Chuck Vance
Bob, Lee, Renee, Mrs McCluskey, Roy

The season finale showed that this cast is strong enough and interesting enough to carry the show.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Al3xSaid3 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:57 am

i love Renee, she's really funny!

Gaby's the best though <3
Al3xSaid3
Manager

Postby ginnyfan » Wed May 18, 2011 3:51 pm

I love Renee too and I actually like her as a sidekick, someone for laugh relief and who has random stories with a different housewife each episode.

But I'm sure she'll get a bigger story next season, this season was her introduction after all.

As I said in S7 thread, I'm very excited for the new season. The S7 finale was perfect. Now the women are again connected by a secret/mistery like in S1.
ginnyfan
Superstar

Postby matugama » Wed May 18, 2011 4:08 pm

i've said it many times and i will say it again, no matter if she was suing or not, Edie britt should have never left the show!
matugama
Manager

Postby NothingFails » Wed May 18, 2011 8:10 pm

I find it interesting how much this show has fallen in the general public. In 2004-2005 it was THE show of the moment and everyone talked about the previous episode. Now I only know a few people who still watch it. Granted things don't remain as hot as they were at their peak, but its odd to see how far it dropped considering something like Friends and Sex And The City were able to maintain their popularity until the final episode.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby kash27 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:30 pm

I hope there are no new additions to the cast, the cast are strong as they are. For season 8 i hope

Lynette and Tom get back together straight away, i don't need to watch more boring arguments

Susan becomes funny again after being serious in the last season

Renee to have a serious storyline, maybe something to do with a career.

Bree to have more scenes with her children

I hope Gabby and Carlos killing her step father is explored more

It would be nice to see more of Ms.Mclucskey
kash27
Manager

Postby ginnyfan » Wed May 18, 2011 10:40 pm

NothingFails wrote:I find it interesting how much this show has fallen in the general public. In 2004-2005 it was THE show of the moment and everyone talked about the previous episode. Now I only know a few people who still watch it. Granted things don't remain as hot as they were at their peak, but its odd to see how far it dropped considering something like Friends and Sex And The City were able to maintain their popularity until the final episode.
Yes but it still has commited viwers, ratings show it. It's still among the most watched series in the US and I think the most watched and popular show globally.
ginnyfan
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Wed May 18, 2011 11:00 pm

NothingFails wrote:I find it interesting how much this show has fallen in the general public. In 2004-2005 it was THE show of the moment and everyone talked about the previous episode. Now I only know a few people who still watch it. Granted things don't remain as hot as they were at their peak, but its odd to see how far it dropped considering something like Friends and Sex And The City were able to maintain their popularity until the final episode.
Personally I'd put it down to the storylines. For the first four seasons it was fresh, new and everyone enjoyed it. The S1 finale appealed to over 30 million in the US alone, the S7 one barely scraped 10m. I think people have just lost interest in the show, a lot of people I know watch it out of obligation now.

I think Marc Cherry et. al need to determine whether or not S8 will be the last, the plan out the storyline arcs that will last the whole season resulting in a potentially amazing last ever episode.
Spartan
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu May 19, 2011 12:02 am

ginnyfan wrote:
Yes but it still has commited viwers, ratings show it. It's still among the most watched series in the US and I think the most watched and popular show globally.
It's getting less than half the viewership it had the first two seasons (it averaged 9-10 million this season, a low episode in season 1 got 21 million). I dunno how it is worldwide but in the US DH and Grey's Anatomy have both plummetted in popularity compared to their peaks.

In comparison, most people in hindsight thought Friends was pretty bad by the end but yet even in its last season it had only seen a dip of a couple million compared to its height.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby muzik_biz_wiz » Thu May 19, 2011 3:48 am

You have to bear in mind that S&C longest season was 20 episodes which aired in 2 blocks with a 4 month hiatus. It aired 94 episodes in total over 6 seasons where as shows like Greys and DH air 22 - 24 per season therefore are anywhere between 120-140 episodes at that point.

SAC averaged 6 - 8 million viewers it's entire run with 10.6 viewing the finale. GA and DH are still getting good figures for thier networks (hardly ANY shows outside of major reality TV pull more than 12million).

S8 will almost definately be the end for both shows with contracts ending and viewership peaking around 9.5-11million but both shows still do good in comparison to many others. They just dont do as good as they used to, hardly ANY shows increase beyond the third season.
Uk the only way
muzik_biz_wiz
Manager

Postby kash27 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:13 am

muzik_biz_wiz wrote:You have to bear in mind that S&C longest season was 20 episodes which aired in 2 blocks with a 4 month hiatus. It aired 94 episodes in total over 6 seasons where as shows like Greys and DH air 22 - 24 per season therefore are anywhere between 120-140 episodes at that point.

SAC averaged 6 - 8 million viewers it's entire run with 10.6 viewing the finale. GA and DH are still getting good figures for thier networks (hardly ANY shows outside of major reality TV pull more than 12million).

S8 will almost definately be the end for both shows with contracts ending and viewership peaking around 9.5-11million but both shows still do good in comparison to many others. They just dont do as good as they used to, hardly ANY shows increase beyond the third season.
The quality of Grey's Anatomy for me has been more consistent in the later seasons that Desperate Housewives.
kash27
Manager

Postby ginnyfan » Thu May 19, 2011 11:37 am

The thing is, just like in music sales, ratings have fallen dramatically for TV in general. Expansion of internet and DVR-s, TiVos or whatever they're called,a lot of people are taping, a lot of them watching on line or just downloading torrents.

No show gets 30 or even 20 million viewers these days which was a regular number for DH in first 2 seasons. Maybe Idol can still pull 20, not sure.

Tv series now get from 10 to 15 and that's considered great. DH started this season really strong with 12 and 13 million per episode but again ABC totally screw them up with endless breaks and then returning the show against big awards shows. It managed to recover a bit by the end of the season though. It happens every year but this year was the worst, ABC put them against every big event and then when there was nothing big they put them on a break. :roll:

BTW I hate Gray's, characters are so annoying. Only watched a bit in first seasons but from I read on fan boards it really became terrible.
ginnyfan
Superstar

Postby Merci » Thu May 19, 2011 11:59 am

it's kind of sad that Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives are not as relevant as they used to be

I remember how they used to make headlines, specially for this photo-shoot
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Frederic » Tue May 24, 2011 10:03 am

Rumour has it that All My Children's Susan Lucci is joining the cast as the new housewife, and therefore the mystery may revolve around her character!

Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby Frederic » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:43 pm

After a season dealing with her divorce and generally looking for “Mr. Right Now,” Vanessa Williams’ character, Rene, may have fallen into some dating luck. OK, after hearing about him, you may not think she’s so lucky.

An ABC spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that V’s Charles Mesure, 40, has joined the series in a regular role, as first reported by TVLine. Mesure joins the series as a self-made, gritty and tough contractor with a ruthless side. And, apparently, Rene will find that attractive. She would.

The British-born (though raised in Australia) actor just finished his run on the second and final season of ABC’s V as Kyle Hobbes. Before that, he starred on New Zealand’s short-lived mystery thriller series, This Is Not My Life, in 2010. Mesure has also appeared on Ghost Whisperer, Cold Case, Bones, and Without A Trace.
A contractor? How very original. :roll:
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby Spartan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:23 am

Frederic wrote:A contractor? How very original. :roll:
Seems a bit re-hashed from the Bree/Keith storyline, and we all know how well that went down! (That being said, I quite liked Keith and Brian Austin Green is very attractive).

At least this means it sounds like Renee will get a bit more focus this season. I actually didn't expect Vanessa Williams to return. They've already started shooting S8 according to Eva.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Frederic » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:33 am

Spartan wrote:
Frederic wrote:A contractor? How very original. :roll:
Seems a bit re-hashed from the Bree/Keith storyline, and we all know how well that went down! (That being said, I quite liked Keith and Brian Austin Green is very attractive).

At least this means it sounds like Renee will get a bit more focus this season. I actually didn't expect Vanessa Williams to return. They've already started shooting S8 according to Eva.
I think it's pretty tacky how both S7 and S8 will introduce a contractor! :lol: Glad Renee is returning though. First episode will air on September 25!
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby irishguy28 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:41 am

This show is STILL RUNNING?
irishguy28

Postby Charmbracelet » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:52 am

Renee needs to get more airtime. I don't like the sound of this new Keith style character, but if it means we get more Renee, then I don't mind.

You can tell half the 'fun' this season will come from the fact they're all covering up a murder and Bree is going out with a detective. I actually think that will be the mystery, but I would prefer something more mysterious (perhaps with a new character) because the Paul Young mystery was awful. The only good thing was the riot episodes. I actually think they should have saved bringing Paul Young back until the final season (except with a better mystery) because it would have been a good link to the first season, and a good last mystery.

I hope Tom & Lynette get back together soon, they've been through too much stuff to just split up. Even though I think Lynette is a bitch to him.

It's definitely not as good as it was at it's peak (seasons 1 and 4 for me) but it's still one of the best shows on TV.
Charmbracelet
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:37 pm

S4 was deinitley the last great season. It was just so perfect with feisty Katherine, Lynette's cancer, Danielle's pregnancy, tornado, a decent season mystery.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Frederic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Spartan wrote:S4 was deinitley the last great season. It was just so perfect with feisty Katherine, Lynette's cancer, Danielle's pregnancy, tornado, a decent season mystery.
Team S4! 8-)
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby Spartan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Frederic wrote:
Spartan wrote:S4 was deinitley the last great season. It was just so perfect with feisty Katherine, Lynette's cancer, Danielle's pregnancy, tornado, a decent season mystery.
Team S4! 8-)
Team Awesome! :P
Spartan
Legend

Return to TV