Desperate Housewives

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Spartan wrote:
menime123 wrote:The final scene was great - the housewives have gone, but housewives will always be desperate on Wisteria Lane!
I didn't like the final scene with the new random housewife. I would've ended it just before that.
I love the 'ghosts' scene though, and Mrs McCluskey passing away to Wonderful Wonderful - beautiful stuff.
Yup.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby biscuits » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:19 pm

Forgot about the ghosts. There was no Edie so it was pointless.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby menime123 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:43 pm

biscuits wrote:Forgot about the ghosts. There was no Edie so it was pointless.
That wouldn't have happened in a million years :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby oaknuys » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:29 pm

A guy like me cried many times during various seasons of this show... the writers just knew how to click with the viewers.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:55 pm

oaknuys wrote:A guy like me cried many times during various seasons of this show... the writers just knew how to click with the viewers.
Yep. I think the genius is that there's probably a little bit of every one of the housewives in us! Or we would like to have a bit of each in us :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby biscuits » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:02 am

Most upsetting scene which sticks out for me is in S2 when baby Lily is taken from Gabby and she's crying in the street
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Juanita
biscuits
The Diva

Postby NoAngels » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:09 pm

She looks stunning!
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:28 pm

She's blossomed into a very attractive lady.
The best thing to come out of the time jump was the fit twins.
Spartan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:30 pm

Juanita was the best thing about the time jump. She was a great character, and was probably the funniest character on the show once Edie had been killed off.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Spartan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:32 pm

To be honest Edie wasn't funny in S5 so Juanita was probs the funniest. She was actually a pretty strong Young actress as well.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Brad » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:43 pm

I loved Juanita. My favourite of the daughters on the lane.
Brad
Winter Is Coming

Postby biscuits » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:52 pm

Spartan wrote:To be honest Edie wasn't funny in S5 so Juanita was probs the funniest. She was actually a pretty strong Young actress as well.
True. She barely interacted with the others during that season - she was only there to be Dave's wife
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Frederic » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:30 pm

I'm still waiting for a series to top or at least match Desperate Housewives. Television has become so boring nowadays...
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby Benny » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:28 pm

JSparksFan wrote:OMG, I just realized that the actress who plays Evelyn (in Devious Maids) also played Bree's mom in Desperate Housewives. I knew there was a reason I liked her so much! :lol:

:lol: I've never realized how many of today's tv stars had small roles in DH! :o

"American Horror Story" star Frances Conroy appeared in episode six of season five playing a woman that was very fond of Carlos because he unintentionally gave her orgasms when he rubbed her back during personal massage therapy.

Sarah Paulson from "AHS" played Lynette's sister in seasons four and eight.

Jane Lynch (Sue Sylvester from "Glee") appeared in the opening scene of episode 14 of season two as a woman who had a Chinese house slave.
Benny
Legend

Postby Spartan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:31 pm

I knew about Sarah and Jane as watched both those episodes a couple of months ago but completely forgot about Frances. All of whom are such fantastic actresses.
Having rewatched S3 of Once Upon A Time, I also recognized Renee's Ben as playing Blackbeard.
Spartan
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:35 pm

Benny wrote: :lol: I've never realized how many of today's tv stars had small roles in DH! :o

"American Horror Story" star Frances Conroy appeared in episode six of season five playing a woman that was very fond of Carlos because he unintentionally gave her orgasms when he rubbed her back during personal massage therapy.
She was already well known as the mom from Six Feet Under by then. It actually reunited her with the guy who played Carlos, as he was on a few SFU episodes as a closeted gay guy.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Spartan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:38 pm

It's strange how the actresses who played Orson's mum, Lynette's mum, Carlos' mum have all died in the last couple of years.
Last edited by Spartan on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Benny » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Spartan wrote:Having rewatched S3 of Once Upon A Time, I also recognized Renee's Ben as playing Blackbeard.
Yes, I recognized him too. Also, from "Devious Maids", Odessa (that Russian woman in season one) played the nun that tried to separate Carlos and Gaby in season two. And crazy Olivia from "Devious Maids" was Orson's first wife Alma in season three.
Benny
Legend

Postby Benny » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:41 pm

NothingFails wrote:
Benny wrote: :lol: I've never realized how many of today's tv stars had small roles in DH! :o

She was already well known as the mom from Six Feet Under by then. It actually reunited her with the guy who played Carlos, as he was on a few SFU episodes as a closeted gay guy.
Frances Conroy is always fantastic, of course I already knew her from "Six Feet Under". But I had no idea that the guy who played Carlos was in a few SFU episodes. :o I have to re-watch those.
Benny
Legend

Postby Benny » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Benny wrote:
NothingFails wrote:She was already well known as the mom from Six Feet Under by then. It actually reunited her with the guy who played Carlos, as he was on a few SFU episodes as a closeted gay guy.
Frances Conroy is always fantastic, of course I already knew her from "Six Feet Under". But I had no idea that the guy who played Carlos was in a few SFU episodes. :o I have to re-watch those.
Oh yeah now I remember! :lol:
Benny
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:47 pm

Benny wrote:
NothingFails wrote:

He was Rico's married cousin that he walked in on him having sex with another man when he was being paid to work on the house
NothingFails
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:49 pm

Benny wrote:
Benny wrote:
NothingFails wrote:She was already well known as the mom from Six Feet Under by then. It actually reunited her with the guy who played Carlos, as he was on a few SFU episodes as a closeted gay guy.
lol, guess you beat me to it
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Spartan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:53 pm

NothingFails wrote:
Benny wrote:
Benny wrote:
lol, guess you beat me to it
That's also jogged my memory. :lol:
Spartan
Legend

Postby Westen » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:56 pm

Benny wrote:
JSparksFan wrote:OMG, I just realized that the actress who plays Evelyn (in Devious Maids) also played Bree's mom in Desperate Housewives. I knew there was a reason I liked her so much! :lol:

:lol: I've never realized how many of today's tv stars had small roles in DH! :o

Sarah Paulson from "AHS" played Lynette's sister in seasons four and eight.

Jane Lynch (Sue Sylvester from "Glee") appeared in the opening scene of episode 14 of season two as a woman who had a Chinese house slave.
Frances Conroy had bigger part in season 5, she hired Carlos if i remember right, and she was in few episodes

I had no idea Sarah Paulson was Lynette's sister :o

Benny wrote:
Spartan wrote:Having rewatched S3 of Once Upon A Time, I also recognized Renee's Ben as playing Blackbeard.
Yes, I recognized him too. Also, from "Devious Maids", Odessa (that Russian woman in season one) played the nun that tried to separate Carlos and Gaby in season two. And crazy Olivia from "Devious Maids" was Orson's first wife Alma in season three.
Omg Gaby and that nun scene in church, that fight :lol:
Westen
Superstar

Return to TV