Desperate Housewives

Postby Benny » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Westen wrote:Omg Gaby and that nun scene in church, that fight :lol:
:lol: I loved that whole storyline.

I'm currently re-watching season five and Gale Harold takes his shirt off at least once in every episode, never realized before that it was that often!
Benny
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:12 pm

Spartan wrote:It's strange how the actresses who played Orson's mum, Lynette's mum, Carlos' mum have all died in the last couple of years.
Carlos' mother actually died just a few weeks after the show ended. Weird how she and McClusky both passed away so shortly afterwards.

Recently I picked up the complete series set of Charlie's Angels because I enjoy a good campfest tv show now and then, and I've been going through the first season lately and in one of the early episodes (1976) the lady who played her was a maid in an episode, I had to IMDB because it was strange seeing her as a young woman, because even in The Goonies a decade later she looked just like she did on DH, Selena and other things I saw her in as an older lady. It was pretty cool for once to see her as a 30 year old because even when she was 40 in The Goonies, she looked 65.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Spartan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:15 pm

Benny wrote:

I'm currently re-watching season five and Gale Harold takes his shirt off at least once in every episode, never realized before that it was that often!
He was fitter in QAF but still pretty damn hot. How did Susan get these attractive men?
Spartan
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:17 pm

I started watching his when it finished and I finally got to the end last week. Everyone said I should be prepared to cry on the last episode, but it didn't quite get me, I found Lynette and Tom getting back together on the last but one episode more moving.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Benny » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:20 pm

NothingFails wrote:
Spartan wrote:It's strange how the actresses who played Orson's mum, Lynette's mum, Carlos' mum have all died in the last couple of years.
Carlos' mother actually died just a few weeks after the show ended. Weird how she and McClusky both passed away so shortly afterwards.
I didn't know about that at all! :o :(
Benny
Legend

Postby Westen » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Benny wrote:

Just checked who that is on wiki and I don't remember him at all :o

Yes, can't wait to watch this show again. :cry:
Westen
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:25 pm

I think everyone tries to block out the horrificness of S5.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Benny » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:27 pm

Spartan wrote:I think everyone tries to block out the horrificness of S5.
It's worse than the other seasons but still good compared to many of today's shows.
Benny
Legend

Postby Westen » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:30 pm

I don't know why you hate S5, I think it was great, S4 is probably my favorite, so after my favorite ofc it seemed weaker but it wasn't bad
Westen
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:32 pm

Westen wrote:I don't know why you hate S5, I think it was great, S4 is probably my favorite, so after my favorite ofc it seemed weaker but it wasn't bad
S4 was my favourite too, hence why S5 probably seems the weakest comparatively.
Spartan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:11 pm

Just started revisiting S8.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Considering I haven't seen this series since it aired, I'm surprised about how much I remember!
biscuits
The Diva

Postby menime123 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:03 pm

I am so desperate to re-watch this it's unreal - but I'm deliberately holding off because I think I'll end up forgetting quite a bit the longer I leave it.

I still think ABC need to reboot this though. Half of the show's eventual problems were the leading ladies - you literally couldn't throw anything else at them.

The show could absolutely work with a new set of desperate housewives though. The end of the last episode proved that IMO.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby RockTheBoat » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:30 pm

I'm convinced this will come back again in some shape or form, whether it's revisiting the original lead characters in a film or with a new set of housewives fo ra TV series. Although with a new set of housewives, they have a lot to live up to as I think the lead characters would be quite hard to replace.
Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.
RockTheBoat
Manager

Postby MrDiva » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:41 pm

RockTheBoat wrote:I'm convinced this will come back again in some shape or form, whether it's revisiting the original lead characters in a film or with a new set of housewives fo ra TV series. Although with a new set of housewives, they have a lot to live up to as I think the lead characters would be quite hard to replace.
Please let this become reality
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:12 pm

The original housewives were based on stereotypes that I doubt have died out just yet. If they wanted a form of continuation I'd love Andrew to be living on the lane, but as a leading character. I loved his story arc and was criminally not used in season 8, considering his mother was in court for murder :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby biscuits » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:29 am

Yeah I guess it could work with the younger characters taking over. Danielle, Andrew, Juanita, Julie, Porter, Preston and Penny.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby menime123 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:19 pm

biscuits wrote:Yeah I guess it could work with the younger characters taking over. Danielle, Andrew, Juanita, Julie, Porter, Preston and Penny.
I think one - or two at the most - to at least stop it becoming a parody. I'm almost sure Andrew has his own house on the lane anyway so that makes the most sense. We n3ver knew what Susan's future held actually, so I dare say she could even return to live on the lane.

ABC are fools for not doing this :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:34 pm

Maybe leave it another 10 years or so!
Susan can be the Ms Mclusky character if they bring it back :lol:
It'd be so weird without Bree though.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Loveguru » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:55 am

They can be the new golden girls
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:57 pm

This show aged so terribly for me. Like, it's vey hard for me to make it through the early episodes.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby biscuits » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:48 pm

So I've now finished re-watching S8. It's actually a really good series! At the time, I always thought it was the best post-jump series, but I remember getting a little bored with it. But this time, it was all great stuff without ever being boring. I think there are a couple of filler episodes/storylines, but when you watch the whole series on demand, it's much better.

By this point, almost everything in the show was so predictable which is the opposite from the early series. But despite being predictable, it was still fun to watch. This series was nice because there was a story linking all 4 women together.

There were some flaws though. Like in one episode towards the end, Bree invites Andrew to live with her...and then he's never seen again. And the inclusion of Orson was kinda forced. And the conclusion of the trial was just so far-fetched!

I don't really have any desire to watch S5-7 again, but I might watch the earlier series now.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:56 pm

I'm on S4. I never realised Bob and Lee joined this early on! So they were in 5 series and never really did anything!

But what a cast Season 4 had! I'm 5 episodes in and we have:
Susan, Lynette, Gabrielle, Bree, Edie, Katherine
Mike, Tom, Carlos, Orson, Bob, Lee
Julie, Andrew, Danielle, Scavo twins, Parker, Penny, Kayla
Mrs McCluskey, Ida Greenberg
Victor, Adam Mayfair, Dylan, Stella (Lynette's mom), John Rowland (guest appearance), Phyllis (guest appearance)
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Spartan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:58 pm

S4 was immense. It worked having a slightly shorter season, it didn't drag the storylines and all the acting was on point, especially Felicity.
Spartan
Legend

Postby caseycasey » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:55 am

I always loved the initial rivalry between Bree and Katherine. The whole pie storyline still makes me laugh... :lol:
caseycasey
Groupie

Return to TV