Shameless (USA)

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:11 pm

The season premiere is out on the official Shameless YouTube channel.

It's a pretty good first episode. I feel sorry for Lip and how he's not fitting in into either of his two vastly different worlds. I really enjoyed Sheila and the Kevin/Veronica scenes were hilarious. Those two make such a great couple!

Of course, I was really looking forward to seeing Ian and Mickey again. The Gallavich stans have covered this already, but I'm not a fan of Ian's promiscuity. I know it's because of his bipolar disorder, but I really hope Mickey convinces him to see a doctor about it soon, and I hope Ian's actions don't cost their relationship because I have waited four seasons for them to get where they are now and I'm not going to be pleased if it's ruined so swiftly.

Mickey won this episode for me with that 'errand' though. :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:55 am

Mickey's plan tonight was funny. I didn't see that coming. :lol:

Svetlana won the episode for me though. Sometimes I forget how hilarious she is.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:30 am

OMG, the emancipation of Sheila! :o I hope everything goes well for her.

Debbie made a huge blunder, but look at how Fiona's messed up date turned out. I hope he's a genuinely good guy and that she doesn't blow it like the last time she had a genuinely good guy in her life.

Why couldn't Lip say 'I love you' back? :( Mandy better be back soon; I think Lip might have to be the one to get her though.

Ian and Mickey didn't do much this episode. I'm still waiting for their storyline to really take off.

Good episode overall. :)
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:57 am

This is the craziest show on TV. I just cannot! :lol: Frank fighting the one-legged girl for her prosthetic leg, Fiona getting hitched to a guy she's only known for a week (when she wasn't even originally supposed to go out with him), V getting an orgasm on the dancefloor. Unbelievable episode. :lol: The dildo scene was hilarious too. Ian, Mickey, and Svetlana make one messed up family, but I love them.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:00 am

Another solid episode this week! Mickey's been the best character this season. Noel Fisher nails every scene. He should have kept an eye on Ian after telling him he was taking him to the hospital, though. I hope nothing too serious happens to Ian because I wouldn't be able to handle him dying.

The end was surprising, but I didn't even care for it. I never liked Jimmy/Steve and I hope he makes his exit soon. I missed Svetlana this episode.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:06 am

YES at Ian finally getting the help he needs! I was scared the whole episode, though, what with him driving and taking his eyes off the road, throwing the baby up and catching him, running through the store with said baby, etc. I'm just glad that he and the baby made it through okay. The Ian/Mickey scenes were just...I mean if that isn't love, then what is? :cry:

Fiona is a mess. I'm over her.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:24 am

This show is so crazy and heartbreaking to watch. The Ian and Mickey scenes were hard to watch and I felt Lip's frustration over the slackness of his family.

I'm really loving Svetlana, though. She's providing the show with some much-needed comedic relief. I'm also really happy that Fiona picked the right guy for the first time in her life. I hope she doesn't do anything to mess it up. It's also great that Debbie's love interest likes her back; I totally ship the two of them.

Sammi, however, is insane. I think she needs just as much help as Ian, to be honest.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:14 am

I just love Ian and Mickey so much. Mickey finally showing up in the final scene was...sweet. :cry:

I'm enjoying Lip and Svetlana a lot this season - Lip because he's obviously trying very hard to do well in college despite the odds being stacked against him and Svetlana for her hilarious quips and simple, yet brilliant, pieces of advice.

Kevin and Veronica need to get back together soon, though. Carl going to jail was deserved and Debbie and her new boyfriend are so cute together! I hope she doesn't pull a Fiona on him.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:38 am

This show is so crazy. :lol:

I'm interested to see how this story with Frank and the doctor unfolds. Hopefully, it doesn't end with her dying and willing a fortune to him. :roll:

Lip and his professor hooking up wasn't as surprising as her husband coming home, seeing them together, and offering Lip an omelet. :lol:

I always knew Carl would end up in jail. I know the upcoming juvie scenes will probably be funny, what with Chuckie being in there with him. It looks like Kevin and Veronica are likely to get back together soon so that's good.

I see in the promo for next week that Ian punched Mickey. I'm not here for their relationship taking a downturn again.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:28 am

I'm done with this show. :x

EVERY SINGLE TIME Ian and Mickey are happy, something has to come along to wreck everything. They cannot be happy for more than two minutes before some bomb explodes and leaves everything in ruins! Sammi can go to hell for ratting Ian out. She's worse than Frank for that. :evil:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby cristy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:00 pm

OH MY GOD! That ending. :evil: :evil: :evil: I haven't cursed so much at my computer screen since GoT's Red Wedding. :( :( :( F****n Sammi! :evil:
cristy
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:12 am

I love Mickey. His reaction to accidentally 'killing' Sammi >>>. Priceless scene. :lol:

Unfortunately, I saw the promo for next week's season finale, and Sammi can't even stay dead for too long. She's so useless. :roll:

Ian deciding to go with his mother makes sense. Like someone on YouTube said, he probably feels like a burden to his other family members and wants to be with someone who he thinks understands his plight. I'm going to need the season to end with Ian and Mickey together again, though, and happy too.

Great to have Kev and Veronica back together.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:41 am

I am not pleased! After all the back and forth, you mean to tell me Ian and Mickey break up? :-?

This entire season has been a mess. I'mma need the Shameless USA I fell in love with to return next season.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby cristy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:04 pm

Wasn't too pleased with the finale either, to be honest. :-? Apparently, John Wells, the creator of the show, stated that Noel Fisher (Mickey) might not be returning full time next season because of some movie he might be in. He stated that he isn't sure yet and that he needs to check back with him, so I'm guessing they wrote the break-up in their storyline so that Mickey can skip a few episodes if he needs to, just like they did with Carl. It seems that the main reason Carl was sent to juvie is because Ethan Cutkosky who plays him, just started highschool and didn't want to miss his first year, so they wrote him out of the last batch of the episodes which were shot in the fall and coincided with his school schedule.

Anyway, not the strongest finale for what wasn't the strongest season. They dragged the Veronica & Kev storyline for way too long. One bright spot this season was Svetlana who made me laugh the most and I kind of liked Frank being out of the picture a bit. Also the actress playing Bianca is brilliant. They really fleshed out her character tremendously in such a short period. :)
cristy
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:23 am

Yeah, Svetlana had some brilliant lines this season. You can always count on her for comedic relief.

I heard about the potential scheduling conflict with Noel, but Cameron's tweet a few hours ago is worrying me:

Cameron Monaghan wrote:5 years we were at this @noel_fisher. It has been a pleasure developing these characters, their relationship & story. You're the man.
Best.
Sounds like a farewell tweet to me. :( Some of the fandom believes he might just be messing with us, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm tempted to not watch the next season if Noel's not in it, though.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:03 am

I felt the need to come here and say that I think Ian and Mickey are the best couple depicted in any TV or other film series. Forget Romeo and Juliet, Tristan and Isolde, Jack and Rose, and all the other second-rate pairs. Ian and Mickey >>>

JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:47 am

This season has been mediocre, due in great part to the fact that they've axed the greatest couple of all-time, but also because the storylines are so messy.

Tonight's episode was somewhat of a return to form, though. Carl's principal and teachers all buying firearms from him was hilarious, as was the cafeteria scene where they all drew their weapons. :lol:

Fiona and Debbie's storylines are painful to watch, and Ian...well, Ian without Mickey is pretty direction-less.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:39 am

Tonight's episode was phenomenal! There was so much awesomeness.

The refugee kids from Myanmar and Veronica provided most of the humour, and the Lip/Helene storyline took the unexpected turn I felt it needed to keep it exciting. Tony was a welcome blast from the past and I absolutely screamed when he said Fiona turned him gay! :lol:

The Svetlana/Fiona scene was great. The man's wife turned out to be a lot crazier than anyone could have expected; I loved the twist at the end when she crawled into Debbie's bed and Debbie was like WTH.

And I see the show's writers trying to placate the Gallavich fan base with an attractive, kind black suitor for Ian, but we still want Mickey back! :cry: Anyway, I guess this sexy fireman will do until Mickey's released from jail.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:15 am

As much as Ian and Mickey will always be the greatest TV couple ever, Ian's new boyfriend, Caleb, is ridiculously good-looking. Their dancefloor scene was awesome. :lol:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:23 am

Tonight's episode was the most Shameless this season has felt thus far, and that's not just because Mandy made a reappearance, though that certainly did help.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:45 am

Another fantastic episode this week! That bachelorette party had me screaming. :lol:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:40 am

Ian's character reference for Lip was so sweet! :cry: Their brotherly love >>>

Overall, this season has seen a noticeable rise in quality from last season.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:12 am

Two full seasons later and their reunion proves worthy of the wait. :cry:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:29 am

"Putin's Paradise". Svetlana's a mess. :lol:

Fantastic season premiere tonight. As always, Ian makes me melt. <3
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:35 am

The Ian storyline was a bit uncomfortable for me last night, but I'll continue to hope for better.

I hope Fiona's life stays on track. I love seeing her thrive. She definitely deserves it after everything she's endured.
JSparksFan
Legend

Return to TV