Will & Grace

Postby TodayForever » Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:17 pm

Does anyone else like this comedy? I've been a bit put off from watching it lately because of the over the top canned laughed though :-?
En dag vi alla förstår
En dag, när stillheten rår
En dag jag finner din hand
När vägarna möts förstår vi varann
TodayForever
Personal Assistant

Postby danlucky16 » Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:12 pm

Ooh Damn you juss reminded me that it was on TV last night and i forgot to tape it !!

I loved the adverts for it, the bit where they do the 'Oops I Did It Again' dance, soooo funny!!
danlucky16
Superstar

Postby child_destinys » Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:02 pm

I watched it last night! Very funny, next week Will and Grace are moving back in 2gether - thats when their at their funniest. When they did the Britney dance the real music didnt come in, so i didnt find it that funny, plus ive seen it so much on the adverts. But anyway ..."Kiss it, Kiss it, Spank it" lol..."Man trouble?...now you're talking Jackanese"! lol....this shows so funny :lol:
You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...
child_destinys
Legend

Postby TodayForever » Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:15 pm

Funniest bit for me yesterday was when Stan put his hand on Karen's boob :lol:
En dag vi alla förstår
En dag, när stillheten rår
En dag jag finner din hand
När vägarna möts förstår vi varann
TodayForever
Personal Assistant

Postby Lynx » Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:49 pm

One word for Will & Grace.... Lousy
Gotta hold on to..New Sensation...A New Sensation.
Lynx
Manager

Postby Muzikritik » Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:55 pm

Really Lynx? I find it to be very sharp and very funny, although the in-yer-face campness humour sometimes goes over the top. Karen and Jack and by far funnier than Will and Grace, especially Karen. She's such a drunk.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby Liberty » Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:54 am

It's OK, but I prefer the traditional Friends and Seinfeld.
~ Whãt Plánèt Ârë Yõù Fröm? Âccúse Mè Ôf Thïngs Thãt Í Névèr Döne ~
Liberty
Superstar

Postby Lili » Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:15 am

Awww, I love Will & Grace. It's part of the trio of TV shows that I watch on Thurs. nights...my only real TV time.

Madonna was on this week's episode. Good stuff :D
I laugh more than I cry
You piss me off, good-bye
Lili
Manager

Postby Lynx » Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:35 pm

Muzikritik wrote:Really Lynx?
Yeah, really really 'cause I can't stand it. Frankly, I'm not even watching comedy series, even the traditional one, Friends. I don't know how to say it but it's lacking something special.

Have you watched My Wife and Kids? If not, you should. It's air on ABC on Wednesday, dunno about NewZealand time. But if you have chance, you should watch it. I saw couple of episdoes; and loved it. It's about a Father, dealing with his trouble kids and Wife. And frankly, it's really hilarious!
Gotta hold on to..New Sensation...A New Sensation.
Lynx
Manager

Postby Muzikritik » Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:33 pm

Yeah, we get My Wife And Kids over here!! I like that one! But it's on on Friday nights and I'm usually working although I've seen all of the first season.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby martinp » Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:06 pm

I love Will and Grace! It's deffo the best TV show around! Karen is hilarious. Does anyone watch it on LivingTV? It's a year ahead of the new episodes of Channel 4.
martinp
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:44 pm

Martin, you took every word out of my mouth!

Will and Grace rocks the world, especially our Karen. Yes karen and Jack may be funny but arent Will and Grace great too?
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby BronxBadBoi » Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:49 pm

I never got into this show. I don't even watch the must MUST SEE TV Lineup on NBC. I did happen to see the episode with Madonna and I didn't laugh, only a little smirk.
Favorite new shows this fall season '06

1. Heroes
2. Ugly Betty
3. Six Degrees
BronxBadBoi
Superstar

Postby San » Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:44 am

Lynx wrote:Have you watched My Wife and Kids If not, you should.
I luv that show, to be honest I like it over Will & Grace, but not over Friends. That show is one of the bests ever. Will and Grace is ok I guess, it lacks something I can't explain, but that girl Karen is so funny, but the funniest person is Phoebe tho.
San
Manager

Postby Muzikritik » Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:56 pm

Watch out on Will & Grace for an upcoming appearance from Maccaulay Culkin.

Should be interestin'.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby martinp » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:48 pm

Bump :o

So yes I've become extra-obsessed with this once again. Been watching the DVDs, found some brilliant quotes.

(About Grace)
Jack: Why isn't she talking?
Karen: She's hypnotised by her own dress.

Karen: Good Lord! I can't believe I'm at a public pool. Why doesn't somebody just pee directly on me?

Karen: Kids ruin everything! I mean look at the stitching on this. You cannot trust a ten year old to do a good hidden button!

Karen: Maybe there is an alligator running around with me as a handbag... I mean who knows what they do with my old skin...

My 3 favourites:

Karen: What's going on? I'm sensing a mood.
Grace: Will thinks that I'm taking advantage of...
Karen: - Save it, honey. We'll crack it open later when we're desperate.

Karen: I haven't seen a stampede like this since Pamplona. Oh, my god, listen to me. I'm a funny lesbian. I'm Ellen! :lol: :lol:

Karen: I'm Anastasia Beaverhausen. Anastasia like Russian royalty, Beaverhausen like... where the beaver live. :lol: :lol: :lol:
martinp
Legend

Postby crazyman324 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:12 pm

Oh I do like this :D
It never fails to crack me up!
The best line ever has to be from Jack.

Jack: I'm fat! Je suis fatigue :lol: :lol:
I nearly wet myself at that.
crazyman324
The Ringleader

Postby j_bird » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:07 pm

Is there anyone watching the current series? I feel that it is good but not as sparkling as it once was. But Karen still rocks.
You Kill more flies with honey than vinegar
j_bird
Groupie

Postby Molasses » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:19 pm

I used to watch Will & Grace but gradually it really annoyed me. The characters aren't that great, writers aren't the best and I really hat Jacks hairdo :evil:

Karen still remains hilarious though!
Molasses
Manager

Postby Molasses » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:20 pm

^Oh yeah, I forgot to mention - Janet Jackson is to appear in it soon :)
Molasses
Manager

Postby crazyman324 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:41 pm

Hope she's better than Madonna. I thought that was awful.
crazyman324
The Ringleader

Postby j_bird » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:21 am

Despite Madonna's numerous acting jobs, her acting has never got any better. She has more Razzie's than any other actress. I think Janet should be alright, she seems to be able to turn her hand to anything. (e.g singer - stripper).
You Kill more flies with honey than vinegar
j_bird
Groupie

Postby martinp » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:12 pm

Janet's episode Wednesday April 6th 9pm Living TV :D
martinp
Legend

Postby gaz_uk » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:40 pm

She didn't really have a very big part in it though. Not compared to J.Lo anyway.

I loved the part when Karen started doing the dance routine with Jack during the dance-off.
"I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"
gaz_uk
Superstar

Postby martinp » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:51 pm

From the Hollywood reporter:

After a lengthy renewal negotiation, NBC and the producers and cast of "Will & Grace" have clasped hands on a deal for an eighth and probably final season of the Emmy-winning comedy series.

Contrary to earlier speculation about the actors facing pay cuts, sources said the show's four key cast members -- Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally -- secured significant salary bumps in the one-year deals that were hammered out late Friday (HR 4/21).

Each of the actors will pocket between $13 million-$15 million, or about $600,000 per episode, compared to fees estimated at $400,000 per-episode this season. NBC has ordered at least 24 episodes of the NBC Universal-produced "Will & Grace," plus a highlights clip show, probably in anticipation of a series finale in spring 2006. And for the first time since the series debuted in 1998, Mullally and Hayes will be brought up to full paycheck parity with Messing and McCormack, sources said.

NBC declined comment on the deal late Friday. Representatives for the actors declined comment or could not be reached during the weekend.

The actors' pay hike comes even as NBC has cut the license fee it will pay to its sibling production unit for the upcoming season to what sources said was about $4 million per episode, compared to a fee in the neighborhood of $5 million per episode this season. "Will & Grace," like the rest of NBC's Thursday lineup, has taken a big hit ratingswise this season.

But overall, "Will & Grace" has been highly successful in syndication, and the long-term backend value of the additional episodes will more than offset the higher cast costs and anticipated production deficits next season, sources said.

The show's core cast members are among the most honored TV actors of the past decade, with Messing, McCormack, Mullally and Hayes each having earned one Emmy and a slew of nominations for their work during the past seven years. "Will & Grace" won the Emmy trophy for best comedy series in 2000.

NBC's renewal negotiations on the show were complicated by the litigation pending between NBC and series creator/executive producers David Kohan and Max Mutchnick. (James Burrows, another profit participant and executive producer on "Will & Grace," is not involved with the suit).

Mutchnick and Kohan sued NBC in late 2003, claiming they were short-changed of potential profits in an earlier license fee renewal negotiation on the show because the studio (then NBC Studios, now NBC Universal TV Studio) was motivated to keep the show at its sibling broadcast network rather than shop it around to the highest bidder.

NBC has strongly denied cutting any sweetheart deals on "Will & Grace." In court papers, NBC has maintained that its previous three-season renewal deal for "Will & Grace" was highly lucrative for the profit participants and in line with fees paid by NBC and other networks for comparable series.

Despite the legal wrangling and "Will & Grace's" ratings slide this year, NBC brass likely saw retaining the show as a crucial move at a time when it has few comedies on the air and it is struggling to stay competitive with its Big Four network rivals.
martinp
Legend

Return to TV