Will & Grace

Postby Hype » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:29 am

I had heard it was UK Netflix that was picking it up?
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby LightSeeker » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:57 pm

Cannot wait for this to return. Never really appreciated it the first time round but I'm re-watching it all now and it's hilarious. Karen is by far my favourite character in this but there have been some incredible guest performances. I couldn't stop laughing at the Britney Spears episode ("I clear 136 dollars a week, I moved out my storage unit") ("Bitch get out of here, you spilled my Skittles") :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah Yeah Yeah, We Could Do This Forever!
LightSeeker
Manager

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:51 am

I never really watched this at the time, but I picked up a boxset cheap a couple of years back and finally got into watching it. I have to say Will & Grace are the most excruciating characters, neither are at all likeable, Will is so arrogant and Grace is weirdly obsessed with Will (we've all dated guys with a girlfriend like that!). The pair of them fall out every single episode. Karen and Jack really are the stars of the show, it's no wonder they both also appear in every episode.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby menime123 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:19 pm

Well the premise is W&G are the perfect couple... except he’s gay and shes a woman. The earlier series hold up to this pretty well, but both characters are flawed - to be honest, to be friends with Karen and/or Jack you’d have to either be a psychopath or seeking redemption.

Will has a lot of baggage that is alluded to from his previous relationship (prior to the show starting) and really doesn’t want to become his cheating father.

Grace on the other hand, has already found her ideal man and can’t have him, so no man is ever good enough because no one will ever measure up - and Will is always there ready to tell her how her boyfriends aren’t good enough for her.

Basically, all 4 of them are drastically flawed people trying to find happiness in NYC. That’s the only reason the cling together - because together they fill that void and make each other laugh.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Grace starts off as mediocre and annoying, but later becomes hilarious. My 2nd fave after Grace.

Will is probably the most meh throughout the show
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Mythos » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:53 pm

Carbon wrote:Grace starts off as mediocre and annoying, but later becomes hilarious. My 2nd fave after Grace.

Do you mean Karen?
But honey I'll be seein' you down every road...
Mythos
Manager

Postby MusicLover88 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Will is the most meh but he's also the most "normal" so I guess it makes sense. Eric McCormack is hot as hell tho
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby menime123 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:59 pm

First episode taping 9th August :D
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:03 pm

‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 2 By NBC – TCA

The revival of Will & Grace is getting extended with a 13-episode second season, the Emmy-winning series’ 10th. Additionally, the current ninth season has been expanded for a second time and will consist of 16 episodes. NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt made the announcement at the top of the show’s TCA session. Watch a new promo above.

The renewal comes ahead of the comedy series’ fall debut, a day after its first table read yesterday. It continues the revival’s Cinderella run.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/will-grace- ... 202142061/
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Carbon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:07 pm

Mythos wrote:
Carbon wrote:Grace starts off as mediocre and annoying, but later becomes hilarious. My 2nd fave after Grace.

Do you mean Karen?
Yes, the second Grace is Karen, oops :lol:
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby menime123 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:25 pm

They've also announced they're completely ignoring the original ending - they will be single and have no kids :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby AndiIversen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:55 pm

menime123 wrote:They've also announced they're completely ignoring the original ending - they will be single and have no kids :lol:
That's actually great :lol:
Alterna universe 8-)
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:02 am

menime123 wrote:They've also announced they're completely ignoring the original ending - they will be single and have no kids :lol:
Wonderful. 8-)
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:04 pm

I cant wait to have these 4 back in my life :x
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Gutted Rosario’s actress has retired and will not appear. This is something they’ve talked about and publicised, so it’s not really a spoiler. Though I hope they can at least have a cameo in season 2.
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Oh and they’ve finally released W&G on digital download and streaming services. But they haven’t remastered them or released them in HD :evil:
menime123
Superstar

Postby Ewokguy15 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Any idea if Beverley Leslie will be back? I know he dies at the end of Season 8 but they aren't throwing the end out so maybe
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby nekoocz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:46 am

I CANNOT WAIT
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:55 am

After 11 years, the magic's still there. Great return! 8-)
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:51 pm

I loved it! Debuted with 10.2 million viewers which is pretty good for a show that went off air 11 years ago!
menime123
Superstar

Postby cristy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:54 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:Any idea if Beverley Leslie will be back? I know he dies at the end of Season 8 but they aren't throwing the end out so maybe
Yup! He's gonna guest star this season. 8-)

SOURCE
cristy
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:59 am

The first episode was everything I hoped for. 8-)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Wayne » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:05 am

menime123 wrote:I loved it! Debuted with 10.2 million viewers which is pretty good for a show that went off air 11 years ago!
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... re-ratings

And something even more remarkable: Will & Grace‘s Season 9 premiere last night was up from the comedy’s eighth-season opener 12 years ago, on September 29, 2005 (9.81 million). In total viewers, last night’s opener outperformed both the Season 7 and Season 8 averages for Will & Grace, which aired at a time when the total number of original scripted series was less than half of what it is today, DVR was in its infancy and SVOD was nonexistent, with Netflix still exclusively in the DVD-by-mail business. Even in the adults 18-49 demographic, Will & Grace’s return is down a modest 17% from its last season premiere 12 years ago. That is less than the declines many returning series have been posting vs. last year.
8-)
Wayne
Administrator

Postby menime123 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Wayne wrote:
menime123 wrote:I loved it! Debuted with 10.2 million viewers which is pretty good for a show that went off air 11 years ago!
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... re-ratings

And something even more remarkable: Will & Grace‘s Season 9 premiere last night was up from the comedy’s eighth-season opener 12 years ago, on September 29, 2005 (9.81 million). In total viewers, last night’s opener outperformed both the Season 7 and Season 8 averages for Will & Grace, which aired at a time when the total number of original scripted series was less than half of what it is today, DVR was in its infancy and SVOD was nonexistent, with Netflix still exclusively in the DVD-by-mail business. Even in the adults 18-49 demographic, Will & Grace’s return is down a modest 17% from its last season premiere 12 years ago. That is less than the declines many returning series have been posting vs. last year.
8-)
I know :D

The ‘problem’ is US comedy is lacking as of late - Modern Family aside, there isn’t a half hour sitcom that ever successfully captured the audience Friends and W&G left behind. Sure there are comedy shows, but people like to laugh - and to keep laughing, particularly in times of uncertainty.

The opening episode feels like it’s picked up exactly where it left off (give or take a finale) and is perhaps more ballsy than ever. What’s not to love? There are genuine laugh out loud moments that just shine, they aren’t afraid to pack a punch against establishment and each of them are as crazy as ever. Although I wanted more Karen :lol:

The key is how well it performs over the next few weeks. If it retains its audience I wouldn’t be surprised to hear season 10 gets a few more episodes and that season 11 has been ordered.

But for now... #MakeAemericaGayAgain 8-)
menime123
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:17 am

Episode two is even more fantastic than the season premiere! I suspect that some might complain that the show is getting too preachy, but the mix of comedy with more serious issues works for me. And the show still makes me laugh like no other. Plus the "Borderline" inclusion Ah, I needed this show in my life right now. :cry: :cry: :cry:
JSparksFan
Legend

Return to TV