Black Mirror [Netflix]

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby MrRager » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:19 am

Yass!!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Thriller » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:08 am

San Junipero won two Emmys for Best TV Movie and Outstanding Writing for a Limited Series, Movie or Dramatic Special 8-)
Thriller

Postby Thriller » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 pm

Back December 29th! What a post-Christmas treat. Lots of familiar faces in there.
Thriller

Postby westhammer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:50 pm

Oh I'm delighted with the release date! I can't wait!
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:49 am

So so close. I am very excited!!!
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Loose » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:31 pm

The first episode put me off completely.
LIKE A WEAPON IN THE WRONG HANDS YOU COULD DO DAMAGE
Loose
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Loose wrote:The first episode put me off completely.
Omg it gets so much better you should give it another go
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Thriller » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:46 pm

I've watched the first three from season 4!

USS Callister:
Spoiler:
Didn't think I'd like this as I'm not into space but it was really good! Mind-blowing but clever premise and I loved the inclusion of Michaela Coel in the cast - in fact great performances all round. Loved how that monster that appeared was actually a former colleague of his too :lol: My favourite of the season so far.

Arkangel:
Spoiler:
This was just OK for me as it felt like a step back to season 1 - we know how Black Mirror works so this was very predictable, especially the ending that it would all backfire and she'd lose her anyway. I liked the nod to the future about micro-chipping your children but the whole filter thing was a bit silly.

Crocodile:
Spoiler:
Probably one of the darkest instalments yet, but it was quite uncomfortable as well - especially when it was revealed she'd killed the blind baby. I like things like this when events spiral out of control but I felt like it was a bit simplistic... "oh I'll just kill everyone, that's the easiest thing to do". The bloody guinea pig getting her caught as well :lol:
Thriller

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:23 am

I’ve been hooked on this and watched it back to front for some reason :lol: I need to see Season 1 still plus Season 4 was added to Netflix today too.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Blondini » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:23 pm

Devoured this yesterday. The show top trended in the UK for the ENTIRE day (midnight to midnight and beyond).

The first and last episodes contain some hilariously filthy dialogue. :lol:

USS Callister 9/10. Really funny. How I Met The Bad Asshole (And Got My Mojo Back). And Seth MacFarlane might as well give up The Orville after it.

Cameo reveals:
https://screenrant.com/black-mirror-uss ... nst-cameo/

Arkangel The Jodie Foster (directed) one - not instant but packs punch at end. 8/10.

Crocodile 7/10 Bleakest one yet, Riseborough excellent but i'll never watch it more than twice.

Hang The DJ 9/10 You will want to live in it - like San Junipero . Just don't get stuck with a Nicola.
Spoiler:
the ending could be frustrating but i'm choosing to look at it positively and the characters/actors are so delightful to be around.

Metalhead 7/10 Looks great, Maxine Peake gets to do a "blockbuster". But ultimately it's a bit thin.

Black Museum 9/10. The "Monkey" section is a 10 though.
Spoiler:
Alexandra Roach breaking the world's hearts. The (Carrie) Monkey needs a series. Or at least a follow-up. :cry: #MonkeyNeeds AHug
Last edited by Blondini on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:22 pm

Absolutely loved it. I would agree arkangel is the weakest but still a strong episode. The last episode had me up until she went behind the curtain. However all in all a very very good series
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Blondini » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Nah, Metalhead's the weakest. And also (not weak as such but not something for repeat viewings) - Crocodile.

According to Empire magazine, Crocodile was originally the first episode of Black Mirror 4 - good job they changed it, it would have put people off the rest. :o Go with an attracter, not a repulser.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby Thriller » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:30 am

Hang The DJ:
Spoiler:
LOVED this one, very San Junipero in parts and two great leads. The ending wasn't what I expected but it was very clever! Good to have a happy ending for a change, I loved the looks they gave each other in the final scene as if they somehow just knew how inevitable it was for them to be together.

Metalhead:
Spoiler:
Where Crocodile was darkest, this is bleakest. I love Maxine Peake so she carried the episode perfectly but I didn't understand the ending with the teddy bear... was it that we were meant to assume she was looking for medicine yet just wanted a teddy bear for a child?Seems a bit daft. Those damn dogs though!

Black Museum:
Spoiler:
Wow, this was a rollercoaster ride! Loved the individual stories (apart from the doctor mutilating himself), especially the monkey. Quite harrowing in parts but a satisfying conclusion. Enjoyed all the little nods to previous episodes in the museum, suggesting everything takes place in the same 'universe'!
Thriller

Postby greek_boy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:50 pm

I love this show so much! I am planning to watch the last episode tonight.

Crocodile and Metalhead are so dark, i don't even want to watch them again :cry: (great lead actresses on both episodes)

I thought i wouldn't like USS Callister but actually, it's more than a Star Trek parody with many hidden messages. :lol:

Hang The DJ speaks the truth on relationships on so many levels but it's not my favorite episode.
greek_boy
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:29 pm

My partner has just agreed to watch the series with me. I am so excited. We will start series 1 tonight. It's taken months of me banging on at him haha
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby greek_boy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:37 pm

oh god the last episode was amazing, the twist :o
greek_boy
Legend

Postby Serby » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Watched the spaceship episode and the crocodile and the dating one. Albeit good, this season doesn't brig anything new when it comes to black mirror. The virtual reality existence happened in white xmas and junipero, and the memory thing is kinda similar to first season.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:26 pm

I think Metalhead is the first episode that I didn't really like. I could have ended up liking it, if the reveal was better, like I was desperate to know what was going on and I love that about Black Mirror when it all gets revealed at the end, but the problem with this particular episode was that there were still far too many unanswered questions at the end.

On the other hand, Hang The DJ now ranks along some of my favourite episodes. I love the happy ending and the surprising twist to it. The other 4 episodes were all very good too.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Serby » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:30 pm

I am honestly sho ked everyone hated Metalhead. Lower ratings evem than that borig ass president toy tv character episode from 2/3rd season. O really liked it was b&w and honestly was very good, tho not typical black mirror.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby greek_boy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:35 pm

Am i the only who isn't fond of Hang The DJ ? :-?
greek_boy
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Serby wrote:I am honestly sho ked everyone hated Metalhead. Lower ratings evem than that borig ass president toy tv character episode from 2/3rd season. O really liked it was b&w and honestly was very good, tho not typical black mirror.
It's probably one of my favourites
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby westhammer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:35 pm

Serby wrote:I am honestly sho ked everyone hated Metalhead. Lower ratings evem than that borig ass president toy tv character episode from 2/3rd season. O really liked it was b&w and honestly was very good, tho not typical black mirror.
I loved it too. The suspense, thrill and drama of it was amazing; with minimal dialogue! One of my favourites this season
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:42 am

greek_boy wrote:Am i the only who isn't fond of Hang The DJ ? :-?
I didn't care for how it ended.

Loved the Black Museum episode. Favorite episode of this show ever. Got my entire life.

The metalhead episode was butt.
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Serby » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:22 am

ThaInfo1 wrote:Loved the Black Museum episode. Favorite episode of this show ever. Got my entire life.

The metalhead episode was butt.
Yeah, sis, tell us, ofc you'd know about it. :lol:

Black Museum slaps a hoe tbh. The twist, the little details of the whole season throughout the whole episode, the racism topic. Slay.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:28 am

Thriller wrote:Arkangel:
Spoiler:
This was just OK for me as it felt like a step back to season 1 - we know how Black Mirror works so this was very predictable, especially the ending that it would all backfire and she'd lose her anyway. I liked the nod to the future about micro-chipping your children but the whole filter thing was a bit silly.
Spoiler:
It is a bit weird, but it's just a reference to how overprotective parents nowadays are and raise a kid in a bubble, being blind of everything that could possibly burst it. It was very literal, yes.:lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Return to TV