Once Upon A Time

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Spartan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:14 pm

That was a bit lacklustre - Zelena just going round in circles.
I enjoyed the Emma/Hyde stuff and am always appreciative to see an old-time character like Archie reprise their role. I miss a lot of the earlier season characters. The scene between Snow and Regina was nice too.
Spartan
Legend

Postby NoAngel » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Probably the weakest season premiere ever and if this becomes another Emma-centric season, they should cancel it. Her personal struggles have been anoying me for a long time. And that Zelena good-bad thing is also tiring. Also, Hyde adds nothing to the show.
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby NoAngel » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:52 pm

Yep. It's going downhill. Apart from that Regina-Count scene, everything else was meh. And Evil Queen looks like a parody of herself.
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby NoAngel » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:55 pm

And here's great article about why the latest episode was so bad and wrong on so many levels.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/once-upon-a ... stiltskin/

I'm talking to myself, I know :lol:
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:26 pm

That article is pretty spot on - especially about Emma's blouse. It's something Mary Margaret circa-Season 4 would wear. I didn't mind the episode though. I'm currently rewatching S1 and it makes me miss all the old characters. I'm enjoying seeing Archie again though.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:57 pm

This has gone pretty basic as of late, I'll keep watching till the end but it definitely isn't essential anymore.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby HotPotato » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:38 pm

I think they've made a mistake not carrying Rebecca Mader over to Season 7.

I know they tried to make her a bit wet and boring especially all those baby-clutching scenes in that kitchen, but whenever they let her be Wicked she still sizzles. She clearly loves the role.
This ain't gon be easy
HotPotato
Manager

Postby Spartan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:11 pm

I think they've made a mistake renewing the show. I still enjoy it but t the S6 ending should've been a series finale.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:02 pm

Has anyone watched the first two episodes?

I don't know if I can be bothered. I enjoy the show because of the characters and with most of them MIA this season I can't see myself enjoying it.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Westen » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Spartan wrote:Has anyone watched the first two episodes?

I don't know if I can be bothered. I enjoy the show because of the characters and with most of them MIA this season I can't see myself enjoying it.
I'm actually looking forward to seeing this reinvented show. After first season show went into direction that i wasn't very into, it had nice moments in some seasons tho.
Westen
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:38 pm

Westen wrote:
Spartan wrote:Has anyone watched the first two episodes?

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this reinvented show. After first season show went into direction that i wasn't very into, it had nice moments in some seasons tho.
It honestly feels like season 1 again. And most of 2-6 was the same as season 1 too. Even though there's a lot of new characters etc I honestly feel like nothing's changed at all...
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Spartan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:13 pm

Cancelled.

Such a shame in a way, but definitely right. They should’ve just ended it at the end of the last season when all the original cast left. It would’ve been perfect.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Jesper » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:56 pm

I am kinda pressed. Season 7 was kind of refreshing with a new start, new characters etc. and it had potential. I wish it could have gotten one more season to build some characters a little more and give it a proper ending, but maybe I will be surprised and enjoy the ending of season 7. I kinda wish they ended it with season 6 though.

The show was one of my favourites and it is sad to see it end, but I guess this is it
Jesper
Legend

Postby Spartan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Jesper wrote:I am kinda pressed. Season 7 was kind of refreshing with a new start, new characters etc. and it had potential. I wish it could have gotten one more season to build some characters a little more and give it a proper ending, but maybe I will be surprised and enjoy the ending of season 7. I kinda wish they ended it with season 6 though.

The show was one of my favourites and it is sad to see it end, but I guess this is it
I just don’t see why they thought the reboot would work? I’m not knocking the quality of it (I can’t judge as I haven’t seen), but the show has such a devoted fanbase that, if you get rid of most the original cast, you’re gonna lose a lot of viewers.

Ultimately it was a show with a lot of wasted potential, but I’ll still cherish it as an all-time great in my eyes. The first 4 seasons specifically.
Spartan
Legend

Postby NoAngel » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Good. I'll pretend season 7 never happend.
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby Jesper » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:35 am

Spartan wrote:
Jesper wrote:I am kinda pressed. Season 7 was kind of refreshing with a new start, new characters etc. and it had potential. I wish it could have gotten one more season to build some characters a little more and give it a proper ending, but maybe I will be surprised and enjoy the ending of season 7. I kinda wish they ended it with season 6 though.

I just don’t see why they thought the reboot would work? I’m not knocking the quality of it (I can’t judge as I haven’t seen), but the show has such a devoted fanbase that, if you get rid of most the original cast, you’re gonna lose a lot of viewers.

Ultimately it was a show with a lot of wasted potential, but I’ll still cherish it as an all-time great in my eyes. The first 4 seasons specifically.
Yeah I also not sure why they wanted this reboot, they should have ether tried to get a deal with a streaming thing like Netflix or not done it at all. Overall it was pretty annoying for me personally as I had to stream the series illegally since TV didn't even broadcasted it here anymore. The way everything ended with season 6 would have been a perfect ending, but now we have a new book, new stories and an ending without the characters even be able to develop.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Tombo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:24 am

The latest series is so good, I am so annoyed it is being cancelled!
Tombo
Roadie

Postby Spartan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas and Emilie De Ravin are all returning for the finale. On top of all the little characters: Ariel; Queen Blue Fairy; Archie; Robin Hood; Cruella; Geppetto; Granny; Dwarves; Pan. I’ll have to tune in for the finale.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Jesper » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:12 pm

I am glad they all return for the finale
Jesper
Legend

Postby Spartan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Jesper wrote:I am glad they all return for the finale
There would’ve been a massive uproar if the main characters weren’t returning.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Jesper » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:54 am

My least favourite part of the series was 5A, every since they released a trailer for that season, I was expecting big things and felt disappointed in the end
Jesper
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Yeah I wasn't mad on 5A or 5B. The main redeeming thing about 5B was Cruella retuning. S6 was somewhat of a return to form. I think S4 is very underrated personally.

I'm currently rewatching the show and am on S3, I remember how bored I get of the Pan story.

I'd rank the seasons:

1. S1
2. S4
3. S2
4. S3
5. S6
6. S5
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:28 pm

I have literally just caught bang up to date, after giving up on it in season 5 (I gave up on every show I was watching, with the intent of coming back to them all).

What a rollercoaster, and honestly, one of my all time favourite shows. It lost itself half way through season 4, struggled to fully execute 5 and 6 correctly, but season 7 was an utter return to form - I absolutely loved the reboot as it was such a great idea once the leads all decided not to renew their contracts.

The way I see it, is season 7 is the epilogue and the season we might have gotten had it ever returned 10 years after season 6 ended. I just loved this extension to the main story and to have had a chance to fully explore Henry - he was always a supporting character and he absolutely deserved his moment in the spotlight.

Season 7 also felt very much like season 6 of Lost, particularly with the whole ‘waking people up’ thing - which I thought was a nice touch considering the shows history with Lost.

I’ll be honest, I got a tiny bit lost during season 6 as to whether or not the story contracticted itself (over who creates the curse and where it came from - I always thought Rumple created it to find Bae) but I jut went along for the ride.

I’ve missed Emma, Swan and Charming, although Swan did bugger all since season 3 really. I missed seeing hot Prince Charming each episode too, but thankfully Nook (or as I call him, Fook) is basically on par.

But what a marathon - 154 episodes has killed me :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Oh, and I got FAR too emotional when Henry broke the curse :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Fri May 18, 2018 5:06 pm

menime123 wrote:Oh, and I got FAR too emotional when Henry broke the curse :lol:
Which curse?
Spartan
Legend

Return to TV