Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:49 pm

Yass!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: and for a full 22 episode season :o

Let us rejoice and play the DEFINITIVE NASHVILLE SONG

Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:11 am

The question is who will return?

With rumors of "belt tightening" budget wise it seems that the return of some the cast is being questioned.

Connie Britton has already expressed interest and relief in looking for new projects but she initially signed a 7 season contract so unless there's been re-negotiation she'll be back though I think the show can survive with her in a diminished, recurring role or slowly phased out during the next season.
It'll also be interesting to see, if she does leave, that Deacon and the girls.

Like it or not Hayden is a major part of the shows renewal and people understandably want some resolution for the Juliette/Avery storyline. Hopefully she'll be able to take another hiatus and return to the show at some point as she does seem quite committed to the show, the role and her fans.
If she is leaving then they'll definitely need Connie, at least in the short term.

I'll be interested to see how far they pursue the Will Lexington storyline given the move to CMT and lack of a mainstream, gay, country artist and Tennessee's current LGBT controversy but I hope they don't totally ignore him because he's a great character.

Guess we'll have to wait and see but definitely keen to see where this new journey will take us.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:23 pm

Well all of the current cast are contracted for next season for now, it all depends on the budget I guess.
To be quiet honest, if Hayden isn't back, I won't be watching.

People like Maddie, Deacon, Luke and even Scarlett are dead wood and can gotten rid of in my opinion.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby mattsky » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:14 pm

Ain't no Nashville without Juliette. I also like Rayna and Will!
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:56 am

Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere) and Rayna James (Connie Britton) are officially coming back in “Nashville” Season 5. However, it looks like the ladies of “Nashville” will have a new home on CMT.

“Nashville” first aired on ABC back in 2012. But after four successful seasons, the network decided to cancel the series. Fans of Hayden Panettiere and Connie Britton were miffed by the decision. Luckily, ABC has good news for Nashies.

According to Coming Soon, “Nashville” Season 5 has been ordered by CMT. The network will collaborate with ABC Studios and Hulu to ensure the show’s continuation. In addition, Deadline reports that “Nashville” Season 5 will have new showrunners in “Thirtysomethings” creators Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz.

Moreover, the big move from ABC to CMT might prove to be a good one for “Nashville.” CMT President Brian Philips stated that the show would be an excellent fit in the network’s roster.

“CMT heard the fans. The wave of love and appreciation they have unleashed for ‘Nashville’ has been overwhelming,” Philips declared. “‘Nashville’ is a perfect addition to our evolving line-up of big music specials, documentaries and original series. We see our fans and ourselves in this show and we will treasure it like no other network. ‘Nashville’ belongs on CMT.”

On the other hand, ABC is optimistic about “Nashville” Season 5 being aired on CMT. ABC Studios Executive Vice President Patrick Moran hopes Nashies will be happy about the show’s continuation.

He said, “We always had faith that we would find a way to bring ‘Nashville’ back to its devoted fans. “We’re very proud to be in partnership with CMT and Hulu to extend the life of this series.”

“Nashville” Season 5 will mark the return of Hayden Panettiere as Juliette and Connie Britton as Rayna. But speculations are high that the cast will be downsized due to budget restraints. There is no word yet on when the fifth season will start production.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:39 pm

I saw 'Nashville in Concert' last night and it was the most amazing thing :cry: :cry: :cry:
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby Colbie » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:17 pm

^ omg so awesome!
Which songs did they sing?
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:37 pm

thankfulforkelly wrote:I saw 'Nashville in Concert' last night and it was the most amazing thing :cry: :cry: :cry:
I wanted to go to the Dublin show but Hayden and Connie aren't there so I didn't bother! Kinda regret it now :(
How was it?
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:38 pm

Storyteller wrote:
thankfulforkelly wrote:I saw 'Nashville in Concert' last night and it was the most amazing thing :cry: :cry: :cry:
I wanted to go to the Dublin show but Hayden and Connie aren't there so I didn't bother! Kinda regret it now :(
How was it?
I wish Connie and Hayden had been there as they of course make the show (and get most of the best songs) but honestly it was fantastic. Chris, Charles, Sam and Clare were so sweet and so talented, i didn't realise that they were so invested in music as well as acting TBH! Chris is even hotter than on the telly, Clare is even weirder and quirkier than Scarlett, hearing Sam's normal/British accent was hilarious and Charles kept on running into the audience :lol: TBH I image they'll probably tour again in a year or two, so you'll have a chance to see them then :wink:

Colbie wrote:^ omg so awesome!
Which songs did they sing?
they all did a few too many covers and their own original stuff for my liking but they did 'What If I Was Willing', 'He Ain't Me', 'Fade Into You', 'When The Right One Comes Along' and 'A Life That's Good'. they ofc did more Nashville songs but I've already forgotten which other ones :lol:
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:32 am

Looks like it's goodbye to Luke and Layla...

To use a phrase popular with one of Nashville‘s main characters, it’s wheels up for Luke and Layla when the country-music drama returns for a fifth season. Series regulars Will Chase and Aubrey Peeples will not be with the show when it makes its CMT debut, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Chase’s Luke had little to do after his engagement with Rayna fizzled in Season 3; most of his Season 4 storyline involved sticking up for Wheelin’ Dealin’ Records artist Will Lexington when he was attacked by a homophobic talk-show host.

Meanwhile, Peeples’ Layla sought to avenge Jeff Fordham’s death by ruining Juliette’s relationship with Avery, but Avery’s discovery of her plan — and his seemingly imminent reunion with Ms. Barnes — meant the end of that storyline.

The exits — which TVLine predicted this spring — come as new executive producers Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick (thirtysomething) take over show-running duties, filling the role previously held by Dee Johnson.

Lionsgate, which produces the series, declined to comment.

ABC cancelled Nashville in May, but the drama was revived by the cable network CMT soon after. CMT head of development Jayson Dinsmore recently said that “our expectation and our hope is that [the entire cast] will participate in this next cycle.”
It was evident that there'd be some cast changes and I think they've made the right decision so far with Luke after the relatively happy ending he got at the end of season 4 but I think they should have Layla revisit down the track to take over Juliette's bad girl, bitch, role.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Colbie » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:25 pm

Colbie
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:33 pm

Excited!!! But it's so far away :(
Rayna might be leaving :o that would be great tbh, she's so basic and annoying tbh.
Glad Hayden is on board for the full season, as long as she's there I'll be watching!!
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby NothingFails » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Glad Connie is leaving because it can free her up to return to AHS
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Magnus » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:10 pm

So, I still have time to catch up on season 4 (only watched one and a half episodes of it so far). Or I might skip it but still watch the new season when it starts.
Magnus
Manager

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:20 am

As I said previously the show can and will survive without Connie but I'm sure the door will be left open for her to return here and there if needed.
Connie has had a pretty good run of shows from "Friday Night Lights", "AHS", "Nashville" and "The People Vs O.J Simpson" but we know how fickle tv can be so she'd be smart not to close the door on Rayna completely.

That leaves the show to be primarily focused on the younger characters Juliette, Avery, Scarlett, Gunner and Will but I'm sure they're going to find some way to keep Maddy around even if Rayna is out of the picture.
I can see them positioning her to be Juliette's new competition considering Layla is gone.

In any case I'm just happy that we'll be getting the chance to, at the very least, wrap the storyline threads from Season 4 and give us a little more of the "Nashville" magic we've come to love.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:12 am

The cast are officially back at work...
Nashville is officially back at work at its new home on CMT. The show tweeted out the first pics as production kicked off today. The images feature the front page of the script for an episode titled “The Wayfaring Stranger” as well a pic of a few of cast members at the table read.

'Nashville': Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?

Notably missing in the pics are stars Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere. We previously reported that Britton (Rayna James) has committed to only a limited number of episodes of Nashville‘s 22-episode Season 5 order. Britton’s long-term future on the show also appears to be up in the air.

Nashville Season 5 will premiere with a two-hour episode on January 5, 2017 on CMT.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby johnny_d » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:22 pm

Rayna no longer a regular? Not here for that at all. :(
Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start
johnny_d
Manager

Postby mattsky » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:23 pm

johnny_d wrote:Rayna no longer a regular? Not here for that at all. :(
mattsky
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:46 pm

Can't wait!!!
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:27 am

Oh wow that actually gave me goosebumps.
We've really become attached to these characters over the past four years and I'm so happy that they're going to be able to wrap up some dangling story threads and create some new ones and lead us into multiple new seasons.
January can't come quick enough.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Colbie » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:39 pm

Cant wait!!
Colbie
Superstar

Postby mattsky » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:46 pm

I can't wait! I'm still waiting for the full version fo ALREADY GONE!
mattsky
Superstar

Return to TV