Nashville

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Colbie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:40 pm

Just saw the first hour special, the rest will come on jan. 5.
Loved it, Rhiannon Giddens is soo good!
Also Daphne/Maddie's song!
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:10 pm

First episode of Season 5 was pretty damn epic.
Juliette is the ultimate survivor!!!
Should be interesting to see where they take this whole disillusioned Rayna story but it's obviously going to allow her to pop in and out of the show at will which is what Connie is after so as long as it works for both the star and the show then its all good.
Way too early to even predict where this season will lead but I sooooo glad that we have it at all.
Bring on January!!!
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby mattsky » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:24 pm

Such a great episode! I cried! I hope this time Already Gone will finally be released
Happiness ain't prison, but there's freedom in a broken heart
mattsky
Superstar

Postby mattsky » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Another great episode!
mattsky
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:00 pm

Yes I'm loving this!! Thank god it's back :cry:

Question though! Was Glenn on the plane with Juliette? Or did he leave last season? I can't remember.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:00 am

Glen is alive.
Juliette was doing promo for the new movie she was going to work on when she quit and rushed back on the ill fated plane trip.
For someone who wants out of the show they're certainly giving Reyna the lions share of story.
Wonder who the stalker will be revealed to be.....
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Colbie » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Another great episode!
Love Deacons song to Rayna!
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Connie Britton said she was in it for the long haul, on Ell n the other day! So who knows what's actually happening with Rayna at the moment.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Colbie » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:56 pm

Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Colbie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Spoilerss

Man that Clay is complicated :lol:
Hes handsome though!
Im all for a Juliette gospel album, plus that Deacon and Rayna album would be amazing too!
But that stalker is soo creepy!
And i was so happy to see Luke, and hearing If I Drink This Beer in the background, one of my fav Nashville songs!
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby mattsky » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:14 pm

I'm so happy for Already Gone. It's a shame the original version has never been released.
mattsky
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:23 pm

mattsky wrote:I'm so happy for Already Gone. It's a shame the original version has never been released.
There was no original version, just what was on the show! That's why it was never released :lol: CMT commissioned this version because wanted the song.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Colbie » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:59 pm

Beforehand they said the scenes "breathe" more, and i agree!
I love how not every character is crammed in one episode, its more spread now. The move to cmt has turned out to be a great decision!
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby mattsky » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Storyteller wrote:
mattsky wrote:I'm so happy for Already Gone. It's a shame the original version has never been released.
There was no original version, just what was on the show! That's why it was never released :lol: CMT commissioned this version because wanted the song.
I know that. It's a shame the full version was not recorded and released. Rayna's voice was much stronger in the first season.
mattsky
Superstar

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:18 pm

The Maddie storyline is quite boring tbh.
I think it would've been far juicier and given more story options if she'd been stuck at the opposing record label and be forced into a Miley Cyrus situation and become direct opposition for her mother and Juliette.
I also think they're trying to shoehorn Daphne into a lot of the stories but she doesn't really fit because she's at such an awkward age.
I'm confused with where they want to take Scarlet at the moment. Is she simply planning on leaving Gunnar AGAIN or is she considering becoming an actress or at the early stages of going solo again?
Looking forward to a little more Will given that is seems Rayna's new business partner is thirsty for him.
More Rayna and Deacon drama as per usual giving Connie A LOT of screen time for someone who was on the verge of leaving the show but I guess she's worked out a way where she can do "Nashville" and pursue other options as well (she's been rumored to return to AHS for the Murder House/Coven crossover season) because she seems very invested in the series and the character, not like she wants to be elsewhere.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby mattsky » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:12 pm

OMG
mattsky
Superstar

Postby johnny_d » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:37 pm

^my sentiments exactly!! God it was such a strong episode. Absolutely dying for the next one!!
Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start
johnny_d
Manager

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:38 am

Great to have some tension but they could've stretched it out a tiny bit longer so that we got more of a sense of danger.
Should be interesting to see how these events shape Rayna and the rest of this season's storylines.
She already had a little bout of PTSD after Juliette's plane crash this might drive her into becoming a full on recluse.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:54 pm

This season has been great so far! Less fanfare but the actual writing has been great!
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Storyteller » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Ffs my stream cut off before the crash :o I only just read about it :cry:
Don't die Rayna :cry:
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:57 pm

SPOILER FOR SEASON 5 EPISODE 10

Well I hope she's happy with herself.
I called this way back when they were negotiating Season 5.
People are understandably pissed and I can see this leading to a drop in ratings and a possible cancellation.
The episode and the performances were great but leading the fans on by saying you're in for the long haul only to opt out 11 episodes in is really going to upset a fan base that fought passionately to save the show and characters they love.
I think the show runners should be very worried and better have one hell of a plan to keep this show afloat and Juliette finding religion, Deacon inevitably falling off the wagon again and the constant Scarlet Gunnar drama won't cut it.
I LOVE this show but I don't love the way they handled this and it could very well be their undoing.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Jesus :cry:

Plays
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby mattsky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:59 pm

I'm heartbroken. I couldn't stop crying.
mattsky
Superstar

Postby Colbie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Woahhh noooo
SO intense, so sad.
I just can't accept this.....

Aussiepopstar is right, they better have some good stuff left, since without Rayna its gonna be realy though.
Btw when did Britton said she was in it for the long haul?
Since that was a weard thing to say, if she wasnt in the series for the full season.....
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Storyteller mentioned she said it on Ellen apparently.
As I said a few pages ago the show can/could've definitely survived without Rayna IF it was done the right way.
They didn't have to kill her off. After all this drama she could've gone into hiding/become a recluse/retired and allowed the shift to happen more organically and also given the chance for her to return should the show or actress need to.
I can totally understand why people feel betrayed and it definitely hurts more because we've grown to love these characters and fought to see more of their world.
With a very Rayna heavy start to the season it'll interesting to see who becomes the focal point of the show.
My guess would be Juliette but with this whole finding religion story I'm not here for this show becoming "7th Heaven" with country music.
I just hope we don't dwell too long on the obvious upcoming stories (Deacon struggling to stay on the wagon, Maddie's guilt at not seeing her mother, who gets custody of Daphnee) because it'll only make the sting of losing Rayna linger even more and anger more fans. Of course we have the lingering questions of who will take over Highway 65 and what will happen with the duet album but I just hope they can turn around the sour note and give the show a fighting chance to get another season.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Return to TV