Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Wolfsmagik » Sat May 11, 2013 3:36 am

ABC has ordered its pilot "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." to series, confirming maybe the most no-brainer decision of this upfront season.

The show stars Clark Gregg as S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson, reprising his role from "The Avengers" and several Marvel movies that preceded it. The cast also includes Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Elizabeth Henstridge, Chloe Bennet and Iain de Caestecker.

"Avengers" writer-director Joss Whedon also directed the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." pilot and co-wrote it with his brother Jed and Maurissa Tancharoen. All three will be executive producers, along with long-time Whedon writer-producer Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb ("Smallville," "Heroes").

Per ABC, "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." will follow Coulson and his team as "they investigate the new, the strange, and the unknown across the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary." The first teaser for the series will air Sunday (May 12) during the "Once Upon a Time" season finale.
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/05/marvels-agents-of-shield-officially-picked-up-at-abc-get-your-first-look-at-the-cast.html
Wolfsmagik
Manager

Postby kushi » Sat May 11, 2013 7:18 am

This should be okay I guess, once you move pas the fact that Agent Coulson is dead.
Thriller wrote:Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads
kushi
Legend

Postby Wolfsmagik » Sat May 11, 2013 7:42 am

I wonder how Agent Coulson is resurrected.
Wolfsmagik
Manager

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sun May 12, 2013 11:51 am

In the Marvel universe no one is ever really "dead".
Should be interesting to see how they'll work S.H.I.E.L.D into the established world of Phase 1 and 2 world an what characters they'll allude to or include.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby kushi » Mon May 13, 2013 11:24 am

The preview looks good! Albeit, it's only 6 seconds. But still.
kushi
Legend

Postby kushi » Wed May 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Full trailer. It looks good for a TV show. To me it resembles a cross between Bones, Heroes and Dollhouse.
kushi
Legend

Postby YaYo » Wed May 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Looks good. I'll check it out.
YaYo
Manager

Postby Wolfsmagik » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:30 pm

Finally comes on tonight!
Wolfsmagik
Manager

Postby Thriller » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:43 pm

We're getting it Friday night on Channel 4 at 8pm.
Thriller

Postby Blondini » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:54 pm

It looks like Cobie Smulders is hardly in it from glancing at the credits. :-?
First pre-9PM US action show on UK TV in years! I think Baywatch was the last one!
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby Ska8er » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:00 pm

Can't wait for this! 8-)
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Wolfsmagik » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:05 am

I thought that pilot was OK. The characters/actors lacked chemistry but i believe it will over time.. I wish Cobie Smulders was in it more but she cant due her HIMYM commitment. When that show is over she should join this one. :D
Last edited by Wolfsmagik on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfsmagik
Manager

Postby geekyspice » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Yes HIMHM is on it's last season so hopefully more of her next season if this gets reommissioned. I am hoping this is good. Can't think of many TV shows based on movies that lasted all that long or were that great. (Except Mash)

Edited
Oh and Buffy
geekyspice
Roadie

Postby Merci » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:30 pm

cute pilot,

I wonder if it will be as good as Heroes' first two seasons
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Wolfsmagik » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Ratings were good for this show. :D
Wolfsmagik
Manager

Postby Ska8er » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:52 pm

The pilot was alright. There is some work to be done with the show but i trust Joss Whedon.

Ratings are indeed great for the pilot so let's hope that they'll be able to keep it up.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Merci » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Loved the second episode! I love that it has Joss Whedon's feel all over it
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Thriller » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:36 pm

It feels too similar to Heroes for me and some of the acting/lines were horrendously cheesy. Not for me.
Thriller

Postby Blondini » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:31 pm

It's rather underwhelming. Alphas was far better - a show with a lot of similar set-up similarities that no-one seemed to care about. :cry: This doesn't even get into superpowers in such a way. It's more like a standard action show.
Nice to see Sam Jackson's cameo.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby Wolfsmagik » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:04 am

I hated Alphas. So many unlikeable characters and i didnt care if either of them lived or died. The ratings were so awful it had to be cancelled. The last few eps of that show were around 1 million viewers.:lol:

Second episode was indeed better. The writing needs to be more tighter. This is my 3rd favorite new show this fall behind Sleepy Hollow and The Blacklist. I dont know why some people are expecting so many superpowers. SHIELD is a government agency and this is about them NOT Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and The Hulk popping up every week. The producers already said that they cant use the word "mutant" on this show and cant access certain heroes/villains. Plus Joss Whedon shows always have the cheese.
Wolfsmagik
Manager

Postby Ska8er » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:59 am

The second episode was better than the pilot but am i the only one that is dissapointed by this? It's a bit to cheesy and light for me. I expected something a bit darker and serious...
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Merci » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:19 am

^ No, Thriller agrees :wink:

Thriller wrote:some of the acting/lines were horrendously cheesy. Not for me.
I personally think the show is good, but not great! definitely not as good as Heroes (so far)
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby menime123 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:25 am

It's enjoyable, but not being a Comic Book Guy, I have no idea what they're all supposed to be doing and why.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby truthless » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:29 am

Avengers was epic. So I thought about watching this series.

I'm also watching the first two episodes currently and yeah. It's fine I guess. Dunno.. Seems a little bit cheesy and the "fake" super hero from the first episode wasn't a dazzling plot at all. It was alright at best. Will watch the second episode in a hour.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby Blondini » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Wolfsmagik wrote:I hated Alphas. So many unlikeable characters and i didnt care if either of them lived or died. The ratings were so awful it had to be cancelled. The last few eps of that show were around 1 million viewers.:lol:

Second episode was indeed better. The writing needs to be more tighter. This is my 3rd favorite new show this fall behind Sleepy Hollow and The Blacklist. I dont know why some people are expecting so many superpowers. SHIELD is a government agency and this is about them NOT Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and The Hulk popping up every week. The producers already said that they cant use the word "mutant" on this show and cant access certain heroes/villains. Plus Joss Whedon shows always have the cheese.
I knew it wasn't about superheroes but then what's the point in having something in the same universe if none of that features at all? It is just another action show otherwise. And Whedon has done far better. Where's his brilliant dialogue? His great female characters? This is just one step up from a daytime kids show.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Return to TV