Orange Is The New Black

Postby Merci » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:14 am

All 13 episodes of the latest Netflix original Series 'Orange Is The New Black' arrive exclusively on Netflix July 11. From 'Weeds' creator Jenji Kohan, OITNB is based on Piper Kerman's memoir of a year spent in prison.

trailer

looks great!
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Benjamin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:08 pm

I've seen three episodes so far and I'm hooked! Such a good and interesting show
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Thriller » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:12 pm

I have I think 2 episodes left to watch, it's one of my favourites at the moment! Great mix of characters - love Red, the transsexual hairdresser, John & Daya and the fat old lesbian with the shaved hair.
Thriller

Postby Merci » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 pm

I've watched this in like 2-3 days, can't wait for the second season
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby AndiIversen » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:52 am

Thriller wrote:I have I think 2 episodes left to watch, it's one of my favourites at the moment! Great mix of characters - love Red, the transsexual hairdresser, John & Daya and the fat old lesbian with the shaved hair.
I like them all too, the last one you mention i think her name is Black right? she reminds me of Kdland for some reason, but much less, well, everything, i like her a lot!
Piper Chapman gets on my nerves though, tbh, all of them more or less :P i still like all the stories 8-)
I really felt for Tricia :cry:
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby AndiIversen » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:53 am

Merci wrote:I've watched this in like 2-3 days, can't wait for the second season
it's really addicting , i also watched it in about 2 sittings, how long for the new season to arrive?
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby t_dot » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:57 am

I'm almost done, I have 2 or 3 more to go.
Enjoying it, although not as good as House of Cards.
You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby crazycool » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:11 pm

Only 3 episodes in and I'm already hooked. :o
crazycool
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:16 pm

The final scene! :o Piper really kicked ass there, I hope Tiffany is dead!
Thriller

Postby Blondini » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:10 pm

I've watched half the series - it's really great and surprisingly light-hearted. I was surprised to find it's based on a true story. You keep expecting violence or something nasty to happen but it always ends up leaving you with a smile (Wentworth Prison this is not!).

How many of you realised Red was played by the captain of Star Trek: Voyager - actress Kate Mulgrew? :o It's an amazing transformation!
Great to see Natasha Lyonne get another great role FINALLY years after American Pie. Somehow, i don't think she's acting much!
Lyonne was arrested in August 2001 for driving under the influence of alcohol after she ran her rented automobile onto a Miami Beach sidewalk, hitting a road sign and causing minor damages. In August 2002 she pleaded guilty to drunk driving and paid $1,000 in fines and court fees, performed 50 hours of community service, took part in a victim's panel organized by Mothers Against Drunk Driving, was placed on probation for one year and had her license suspended for that same period. In 2003 she was evicted by her landlord, actor Michael Rapaport, following numerous complaints by other tenants about her behavior.In December 2004, Lyonne was arrested after verbally threatening her neighbor, breaking a mirror in the neighbor's apartment, and threatening to molest the neighbor's dog. She spent a night in jail before being arraigned on charges of criminal mischief, harassment, and trespassing
:o http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natasha_Lyonne
Of course Jason Biggs is great and Taylor Schilling is very winning and adorable. Taryn Manning is unrecognisable as the grungy "Christian", too!
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby Blondini » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Blondini wrote:I've watched half the series - it's really great and surprisingly light-hearted. I was surprised to find it's based on a true story. You keep expecting violence or something nasty to happen but it always ends up leaving you with a smile
well, almost always! Certainly not episode 10. What a tw*t Healy is. And what a chump Mendez is falling in love! Great final scene - if you look on Wiki you already know Doggett survives that as Taryn Manning is promoted to the regular cast in Season 2. Original source She'll definitely need new teeth now! :o :lol: No word on "special guest star" Natasha Lyonne returning yet.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby Thriller » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Back on Netflix early June!
Thriller

Postby crazycool » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Saw the trailer earlier, looks fantastic! LOADS of Crazy Eyes who is by far my favourite character... was always so annoyed we never found out her back story in Series 1. She seems really popular as a character now, her one-liners always being used on their FB page and she is featured heavily in the trailer! 8-)
crazycool
Legend

Postby Bsquared » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Great show, can't wait for season 2!

Taystee and Crazy Eyes are my favorite characters.
Bsquared
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:15 am

I just watched the first episode and I loved it! :D I'll definitely catch up before season two.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:01 am

Brilliant second episode! I really love how the show cuts back to past events that are relevant to the current storyline. Stupendous acting from the women thus far too. That last scene was so awkward though. :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:56 am

Just finished episode three and OMG, this show is incredible! :o Transsexuals go through some real sh*t. They definitely have it the hardest out of the whole LGBT community. :( Crazy Eyes is a mess. She scares me, to be honest. :lol:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:16 pm

The fourth episode was awesome as well! I loved Claudette's back-story and Chapman's rant to Claudette's was hilarious. :lol: This show >>>
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:42 am

Episode five was great too! I loved the chicken plot. :lol: The church scenes were pretty hilarious too, and that Officer Bennett is so handsome! :oops:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:15 am

I did not see that twist coming with Officer Bennett! It makes me love him even more though. :D Officer Mendez is just scum. :roll:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby AndiIversen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:23 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Episode five was great too! I loved the chicken plot. :lol: The church scenes were pretty hilarious too, and that Officer Bennett is so handsome! :oops:
That mysterious chicken...whatever happened to it? and did it fly over the fence?? :lol:
btw the epi was called "the chickening" :lol:
lots of funny quotes in it too :D
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:42 am

AndiIversen wrote:
JSparksFan wrote:Episode five was great too! I loved the chicken plot. :lol: The church scenes were pretty hilarious too, and that Officer Bennett is so handsome! :oops:
That mysterious chicken...whatever happened to it? and did it fly over the fence?? :lol:
btw the epi was called "the chickening" :lol:
lots of funny quotes in it too :D
We'll never know. :lol: And yeah, I remember giggling at the episode title too. :lol:

Episode seven was interesting. It's funny how willing the women, sans Chapman, were to just shirk their WAC duties for doughnuts. I can't blame the girls though 'cause knowing myself, I'd probably do the same. :lol:

Oh, and I love the Buddhist so much! She's easily one of my favourite characters. The track girl should've listened to the first guy's advice though. Shame how one meet-up can lead to such a tragic turn of events. :(
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby ANH » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:22 am

So, I've begun watching this and I love it! :lol: :lol: :lol: It's like Mean Girls but in prison!

Also, fun fact, I live like fifteen minutes away from that neighborhood where Red punched the tall, skinny Russian bitch in the titty. I was a little surprised when that happened, but not too surprised because it gets REAL in Brooklyn, you know?

Also, Red is my favorite character.
b u r n u p II t u r n up II t u r n t up all the way
ANH
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Thu May 01, 2014 1:07 am

I do love Red too, but I love Chapman more.

Just finished watching 'Fool Me Once' and Doggett's backstory was pretty hilarious and quite surprising actually. I'm about to watch the season finale in a few minutes. I'm excited. :D
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu May 01, 2014 2:36 pm

Oh my, Chapman went IN on Doggett. I have such a love/hate relationship with Doggett though. Part of me hopes she's dead.

Poor Red. :( I like the new Head Cook though.

Can't wait for season two! :D
JSparksFan
Legend

Return to TV