Orange Is The New Black

Postby AndiIversen » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:22 pm

That last shot with Daya was kinda iconic 8-)
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:08 am

I will admit the death scene really had me emotional because it was one of my fave characters on the show... but so is life. The last two episodes in particular resonate so strongly especially right now with the tensions in the US
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:43 pm

This was the best season after season two. Red was as amazing as ever, Piper had a redemption arc and ended up semi-likeable again, Judy King provided comic relief and the death was heartbreaking. I enjoyed all of the new characters and the cliffhanger was great... it's just a shame it isn't Piscatella on the receiving end of Daya!
Thriller

Postby Damiennatas1 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:53 am

I still prefer season 1 & 2 but this season was so much better than the last!

I'm glad for the death, the actor was horrendous.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby NothingFails » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:28 pm

There are already rumors about season 5.... supposedly Bennett will be returning over Daya's future.

I really hope Piscatella and all his guards will go sometime next season. They were all pieces of trash. Bailey I had some compassion for even after everything (since you can tell he's a good person who made a really bad error in judgment) but the new guards all deserve punishment for being sadistic monsters.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:17 pm

Poussey :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

just watched the season finale. I mean omg. I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved her so much.

what a shocking ending...

best season yet!!!!!!!! (and saddest). When Taystee broke down next to Poussey's body I couldn't hold it anymore.
stevyy
Legend

Postby NoAngels » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:29 pm

Quite an interesting season. The season charater for me is "Piscatella". I loved him, his character was really good, he added a lot to the show I must say.

Poussey's death was shocking for me :( I really can't wait for the 5th season.
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Postby Leesal » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:19 am

Does anyone know when the next season is going to air? I can't take this wait.

Poussey's death broke my heart. I can see how it benefitted the show, but I wish that hadn't happened.
Leesal
Groupie

Postby NothingFails » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:45 pm

Leesal wrote:Does anyone know when the next season is going to air? I can't take this wait.

Poussey's death broke my heart. I can see how it benefitted the show, but I wish that hadn't happened.
Probably middle of June 2017 since that's the same window it's been premiering so forth.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Can't wait for the new season!

Only realised this set in the same area as Gilmore Girls, they even mention the prison in the revival :lol:
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Gotta make sure I binge watch this time as soon as it is released. I got on twitter and someone ruined the Poussey death part for me.

(although Idk how I would've taken it if I wouldn't have knew. I could've been a big triggering tbh)
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:42 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:Gotta make sure I binge watch this time as soon as it is released. I got on twitter and someone ruined the Poussey death part for me.

(although Idk how I would've taken it if I wouldn't have knew. I could've been a big triggering tbh)
It was spoiled for me too! I felt it would've been a lot more powerful had I not known :( but still it devastating.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Muzikritik » Tue May 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Hackers have tapped into Netflix and uploaded the first 10 episodes of Season 5 on Pirate Bay.

Wikipedia is showing plot synopses for the first 5 episodes already (whether or not they are true or not remains to be seen) but I would suggest staying away from.... Well... All social media if you don't anything to be ruined.

I'm kinda hoping it prompts Netflix to release the new season ahead of the original June 9 release date... I'm hanging out for this!
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:57 pm

Muzikritik wrote:Hackers have tapped into Netflix and uploaded the first 10 episodes of Season 5 on Pirate Bay.

Wikipedia is showing plot synopses for the first 5 episodes already (whether or not they are true or not remains to be seen) but I would suggest staying away from.... Well... All social media if you don't anything to be ruined.

I'm kinda hoping it prompts Netflix to release the new season ahead of the original June 9 release date... I'm hanging out for this!
Damn those hackers really did it.

I hope it does too. I had plans to stay off of social media for a weekend, block my friend that ruined it for me last and then binge watch all weekend.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Muzikritik » Thu May 04, 2017 6:56 am

There are a few clips from the new season up on YouTube which confirm that the plot synopses on Wikipedia are correct...

Really wish I had more patience. Or self control....
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Wed May 10, 2017 12:17 am

Thankfully, I haven't seen any spoilers on social media yet. The new season is just a month away, so let's hope it stays that way 'til then.

In the interim, the official season five trailer:

"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Blondini » Thu May 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby Thriller » Thu May 18, 2017 7:14 pm

New series looks really good! I like the idea of them all coming together in unity against the prison.
Thriller

Postby Serby » Sat May 20, 2017 12:08 am

Apparently half of the season leaked already some time ago, but I'm gonna wait for full release so I can enjoy it in full quality.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:31 pm

I have a four-day weekend with very little planned. I wish this were released tomorrow instead of next week.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Muzikritik » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Released today. Omfg. Weekend, bye.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:24 am

Frieda won the season for me. Overall, though, it was another stellar season. Five for five. 8-)
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby emilhot » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:57 pm

I really enjoyed the season too. I hate that I will now have to wait a year for the next seasons of House of Cards and OITNB! :oops: :lol:
emilhot
Legend

Postby Muzikritik » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:14 am

Yeah, I loved the new season.

Gloria is officially my favourite and I'm glad the writers gave her something significant to work with this season.

Can't believe I gotta wait another year to see what happens next. Damn....
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby Crackiswack » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:42 am

This season was fantastic but it didn't pull at my heartstrings the way season 4 did, and that's particularly due to the fact that this was the season of the prisoners. Initially, it appears they finally have control and they have a chance to bring effective change to the prison. However, this illusion was quickly shattered as viewers watch a riot once full of passion and rage subdue into a disappointing cry in the face of all the issues these women have faced, especially since season three. Sure, the characters all had their chance to relax and live under their pretenses inside the prison, but they were all aware that it would not last. And what made this season interesting (besides the overall cooperation within the prisons groups) was the wait to see how this season would end.

And damn I can't wait for a **** year, please someone leak season 6 in March!!!!! :cry:
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Return to TV