I'm finding it difficult to get the legendaries. I don't think I'm getting my free raid pass everyday and when I do attempt, my phone gets really hot or it says network error I bought a pass with coins too, and it just crashed.
^ Sorry to hear you're struggling I haven't really had many errors to the point of truly interrupting it, but sometimes it does crash at the end of the battle, but once you log back in and click on the gym it seems to know to pick up exactly where you left off.
In the end, I got one of each bird, which is enough. Had a 100% IV Zapdos run away on me yesterday, I had 10 balls, hit it with 8 of them, almost all of which were great+curve.
Plym wrote:I'm finding it difficult to get the legendaries. I don't think I'm getting my free raid pass everyday and when I do attempt, my phone gets really hot or it says network error I bought a pass with coins too, and it just crashed.
Email Niantic because they are giving back raid passes when problems occurr. Especially given that you paid for it. You need to cool down your phone the best way possible, mine also o erheats so I do my best to only use it when the raid starts. Once you've joined the raid, the game can crash that you can still catch the thing.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
Thanks both, managed to catch a nearby Zapdos this morning. There were 8 taking it on and captured it on my 5th ball.
JimJim, how did you know what IV it was? The only way I can seem to be able to tell is if the appraise woman says it's a wonder and then says HP, defends and attack are perfect. I've only had that with very very few of mine. I do have that with my Espeon though which is my second highest CP Pokemon.
Any news on the legendary dogs? I'm more excited for them than the birds.
• More evidence that USUM will be a Crystal/Emerald/Platinum-type situation, with confirmation that these are the same protagonists as SuMo • Some of the empty plots in various cities from SuMo have been filled. The new Hau'oli City building shown seems to be tied to the new "Alola Photo Club" feature that allows you to take pictures with members of your team • A revised map of Alola, with a few minor changes to each island (small new areas or structures) and an ominous cloud over Poni • Kahili and Ryuki appear • Walking/following Pokémon might be back. A Rockruff is shown interacting with the player like one would, but there's also shots of the player walking/running around alone • The Japanese version of the trailer showed some brief glimpses of new exclusive Z-moves. Confirmed on the official site, including one for Kommo-o: "Clangorous Soulblaze"
135 new species (all Gen III species) have now appeared in the APK metadata. With that also comes 73 new candy 'families' from Treecko to Deoxys.
We anticipate it will be a little while yet before these species begin appearing. The following do not appear yet in the APK, and will be needed before Gen III goes live: Sound files for each species (their battle 'cries.') Any additional moves that may be added for the Gen III species' use. No new moves were added to the APK just yet.
I believe the first traces of Gen II Pokémon appeared in the game's data last November, then we got the egg-only-babies in December, and the main Gen II release in February. Since Gen III only brought two new babies, I don't expect them to take that same approach again...but even if we can't actually start catching Gen III Pokémon for another 1-3 months, I'm still really glad to get this news! I've definitely been playing less often lately, and a wave of new Pokémon to catch will absolutely re-kindle my enthusiasm. I'm relieved that it looks like we won't have to wait until 2018!
Starting August 31, the Legendary Pokémon Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will begin appearing in Pokémon GO. Trainers worldwide can look forward to battling these Pokémon together with friends in Raid Battles for the chance to catch the trio of Legendary Pokémon originally from the Johto region. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will be traveling the world throughout the coming months. From August 31 to September 30, you can find these Legendary Pokémon in the following areas of the world:
• Raikou, an Electric-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout the Americas. • Entei, a Fire-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout Europe and Africa. • Suicune, a Water-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
On September 30, all three of these Legendary Pokémon will move to a different location and will be available for Trainers to battle with friends until October 31. They will make their final stop in the last remaining location on October 31. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will be available for this limited time period, so make sure to battle against them when they arrive at Gyms near you!
Well we're expecting something on tonight's Nintendo Direct, but if there's no news of any new Alola forms there than I guess that's over, it feels almost like they've forgotten there's even a game coming out
Well...no new Alolan forms, but at least we're getting a couple new UBs: UB Burst + UB Assembly
• Necrozma's new forms are called Dusk Mane Necrozma + Dawn Wings Necrozma • Lycanroc gets a new exclusive Z-move: "Splintered Stormshards" • If you purchase Gold or Silver on the Virtual Console, you'll receive a special serial code to obtain a special Celebi
Brand-new UBs are a pleasant surprise, but I was gutted to see a scene in the Direct identical to the one in SuMo where we first encounter Nihilego at the Aether Paradise with Lusamine and Hau. The official USUM site also has screenshots of Nebby being attacked on the bridge and being told to get back in Lillie's bag at Melemele Meadow I was really hoping there'd be more tweaks to the main plot (either significantly re-writing or entirely removing Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine), but it looks like the story will play out almost exactly as it did in SuMo, just with Necrozma intervening at some point. I know that's how third versions have always been, but with the nature of Lillie's character arc (and the revelations of her connection to Lusamine and Gladion), it really loses most/all impact being recycled over again. I also thought these games might give us an opportunity to go on an adventure throughout Alola without so much focus on Lillie's situation...
Tansike wrote:Silver / Gold are now released on the Virtual Console!
Have fun playing it, guys
You too! I managed to replace the battery in my Silver cartridge a while back, but it's SO nice being able to play these on something that's backlit!
We also got a new Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon trailer today:
• Mina actually has a Trial this time. The official site also shows that Alolan Marowak is a Totem (likely replacing Salazzle) • The Alola Dex now includes 400+ Pokémon (as opposed to 302 in SuMo.) Tropius, Larvesta, Mareep, Larvitar, Zorua, Houndoom, and Manectric are shown • New Ride option Mantine Surf allows you to surf between the islands of Alola
Tansike wrote:Someone else tried Pokémon Tekken for Switch? I didn't play much so far but i'm slightly disappointed by it. Maybe i need to get more into the storyline or so...
I've never really gotten into any fighting games, but I did check out the free demo for this one...and it wasn't enough to win me over. It does look really nice, though, and the backgrounds of the stages are filled with cute little details/Easter eggs.
Another new Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon trailer today:
• You can travel through Ultra Wormholes to new locations, including Ultra Megalopolis ("A world where Necrozma has stolen the light") • New team = The Ultra Recon Squad. The members you encounter will vary depending on the version. They battle you using another brand-new Ultra Beast: UB Adhesive (Poison) • UB Burst confirmed to be Fire/Ghost with new move "Mind Blown" and UB Assembly confirmed to be Rock/Steel
More evidence of Gen III coming to Pokémon Go for Halloween:
7. Gen III Pokemon Sounds New in APK v0.79.2 are the sound files for the 'cries' of Gen III Pokemon! This includes all species up to #386 (Deoxys)
8. New Gen III Badge Alongside the Kanto (Gen I) and Johto (Gen II) badges, a new badge is now referenced in the code called BADGE_POKEDEX_ENTRIES_GEN3
A new Halloween splash screen was also uncovered featuring Shuppet, Banette, Duskull, Dusclops, and Sableye. Whether this means we're only getting Gen III Ghost-types for Halloween (similar to how the babies were released first for Gen II) or a full Gen III release is yet to be seen, but it looks all-but-certain that at least a handful of new Pokémon will be added to the game by the end of this month!