The Pokémon Discussion Thread (incl. Pokémon GO!)

Postby DnBLover » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:05 pm

So far..
Articuno 1/1
Lugia 1/3
Moltres 2/3
Zapdos 1/1 :lol:

All on first encounter.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Plym » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:32 pm

I'm finding it difficult to get the legendaries. I don't think I'm getting my free raid pass everyday and when I do attempt, my phone gets really hot or it says network error
I bought a pass with coins too, and it just crashed.
Plym
Take Care

Postby JimJim » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:06 am

^ Sorry to hear you're struggling :( I haven't really had many errors to the point of truly interrupting it, but sometimes it does crash at the end of the battle, but once you log back in and click on the gym it seems to know to pick up exactly where you left off.

In the end, I got one of each bird, which is enough. Had a 100% IV Zapdos run away on me yesterday, I had 10 balls, hit it with 8 of them, almost all of which were great+curve.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby DnBLover » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:01 pm

Plym wrote:I'm finding it difficult to get the legendaries. I don't think I'm getting my free raid pass everyday and when I do attempt, my phone gets really hot or it says network error
I bought a pass with coins too, and it just crashed.
Email Niantic because they are giving back raid passes when problems occurr. Especially given that you paid for it.
You need to cool down your phone the best way possible, mine also o erheats so I do my best to only use it when the raid starts.
Once you've joined the raid, the game can crash that you can still catch the thing.
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Plym » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:47 am

Thanks both, managed to catch a nearby Zapdos this morning. There were 8 taking it on and captured it on my 5th ball.

JimJim, how did you know what IV it was? The only way I can seem to be able to tell is if the appraise woman says it's a wonder and then says HP, defends and attack are perfect. I've only had that with very very few of mine. I do have that with my Espeon though which is my second highest CP Pokemon.

Any news on the legendary dogs? I'm more excited for them than the birds.
Plym
Take Care

Postby JimJim » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:57 am

There are IV calculators available online and in apps. For Zapdos, IIRC if the CP was 1902 it is 100%. If the appraisal says it's a wonder, that means it is between 80-100%.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby DnBLover » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Mewtwo is coming!!

IV Calculator
https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator
DnBLover
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:20 pm

• More evidence that USUM will be a Crystal/Emerald/Platinum-type situation, with confirmation that these are the same protagonists as SuMo
• Some of the empty plots in various cities from SuMo have been filled. The new Hau'oli City building shown seems to be tied to the new "Alola Photo Club" feature that allows you to take pictures with members of your team
• A revised map of Alola, with a few minor changes to each island (small new areas or structures) and an ominous cloud over Poni
• Kahili and Ryuki appear
• Walking/following Pokémon might be back. A Rockruff is shown interacting with the player like one would, but there's also shots of the player walking/running around alone
• The Japanese version of the trailer showed some brief glimpses of new exclusive Z-moves. Confirmed on the official site, including one for Kommo-o: "Clangorous Soulblaze"
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Plym » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Managed to complete the legendaries now.
Still need Smoochum (never even seen it in a gym), Pichu & Slowking to complete my dex!

I'm also hunting shiny magikarps as I want a red gyrados!
Plym
Take Care

Return to Internet & Technology