The Pokémon Discussion Thread (incl. Pokémon GO!)

Postby DnBLover » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:05 pm

So far..
Articuno 1/1
Lugia 1/3
Moltres 2/3
Zapdos 1/1 :lol:

All on first encounter.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Plym » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:32 pm

I'm finding it difficult to get the legendaries. I don't think I'm getting my free raid pass everyday and when I do attempt, my phone gets really hot or it says network error
I bought a pass with coins too, and it just crashed.
Plym
Take Care

Postby JimJim » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:06 am

^ Sorry to hear you're struggling :( I haven't really had many errors to the point of truly interrupting it, but sometimes it does crash at the end of the battle, but once you log back in and click on the gym it seems to know to pick up exactly where you left off.

In the end, I got one of each bird, which is enough. Had a 100% IV Zapdos run away on me yesterday, I had 10 balls, hit it with 8 of them, almost all of which were great+curve.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby DnBLover » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:01 pm

Plym wrote:I'm finding it difficult to get the legendaries. I don't think I'm getting my free raid pass everyday and when I do attempt, my phone gets really hot or it says network error
I bought a pass with coins too, and it just crashed.
Email Niantic because they are giving back raid passes when problems occurr. Especially given that you paid for it.
You need to cool down your phone the best way possible, mine also o erheats so I do my best to only use it when the raid starts.
Once you've joined the raid, the game can crash that you can still catch the thing.
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Plym » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:47 am

Thanks both, managed to catch a nearby Zapdos this morning. There were 8 taking it on and captured it on my 5th ball.

JimJim, how did you know what IV it was? The only way I can seem to be able to tell is if the appraise woman says it's a wonder and then says HP, defends and attack are perfect. I've only had that with very very few of mine. I do have that with my Espeon though which is my second highest CP Pokemon.

Any news on the legendary dogs? I'm more excited for them than the birds.
Plym
Take Care

Postby JimJim » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:57 am

There are IV calculators available online and in apps. For Zapdos, IIRC if the CP was 1902 it is 100%. If the appraisal says it's a wonder, that means it is between 80-100%.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby DnBLover » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Mewtwo is coming!!

IV Calculator
https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator
DnBLover
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:20 pm

• More evidence that USUM will be a Crystal/Emerald/Platinum-type situation, with confirmation that these are the same protagonists as SuMo
• Some of the empty plots in various cities from SuMo have been filled. The new Hau'oli City building shown seems to be tied to the new "Alola Photo Club" feature that allows you to take pictures with members of your team
• A revised map of Alola, with a few minor changes to each island (small new areas or structures) and an ominous cloud over Poni
• Kahili and Ryuki appear
• Walking/following Pokémon might be back. A Rockruff is shown interacting with the player like one would, but there's also shots of the player walking/running around alone
• The Japanese version of the trailer showed some brief glimpses of new exclusive Z-moves. Confirmed on the official site, including one for Kommo-o: "Clangorous Soulblaze"
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Plym » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Managed to complete the legendaries now.
Still need Smoochum (never even seen it in a gym), Pichu & Slowking to complete my dex!

I'm also hunting shiny magikarps as I want a red gyrados!
Plym
Take Care

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:45 pm

The first traces of Gen III species have been found hidden in the latest PoGo update:

135 new species (all Gen III species) have now appeared in the APK metadata. With that also comes 73 new candy 'families' from Treecko to Deoxys.

We anticipate it will be a little while yet before these species begin appearing. The following do not appear yet in the APK, and will be needed before Gen III goes live: Sound files for each species (their battle 'cries.') Any additional moves that may be added for the Gen III species' use. No new moves were added to the APK just yet.

I believe the first traces of Gen II Pokémon appeared in the game's data last November, then we got the egg-only-babies in December, and the main Gen II release in February. Since Gen III only brought two new babies, I don't expect them to take that same approach again...but even if we can't actually start catching Gen III Pokémon for another 1-3 months, I'm still really glad to get this news! I've definitely been playing less often lately, and a wave of new Pokémon to catch will absolutely re-kindle my enthusiasm. I'm relieved that it looks like we won't have to wait until 2018!
phoenix98
Legend

Postby jordi_89 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:36 am

I wanna die, there's a Pokémon thread in Ukmix?! Better save that shit because I really forget everything.

BTW THERE ARE TRACES OF GEN III POKÉMON IN PoGo already? YASS!
jordi_89
Superstar

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:25 pm

The Legendary Beasts have come to Pokémon Go:

Starting August 31, the Legendary Pokémon Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will begin appearing in Pokémon GO. Trainers worldwide can look forward to battling these Pokémon together with friends in Raid Battles for the chance to catch the trio of Legendary Pokémon originally from the Johto region. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will be traveling the world throughout the coming months. From August 31 to September 30, you can find these Legendary Pokémon in the following areas of the world:

• Raikou, an Electric-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout the Americas.
• Entei, a Fire-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout Europe and Africa.
• Suicune, a Water-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout the Asia-Pacific region.

On September 30, all three of these Legendary Pokémon will move to a different location and will be available for Trainers to battle with friends until October 31. They will make their final stop in the last remaining location on October 31. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will be available for this limited time period, so make sure to battle against them when they arrive at Gyms near you!

http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/johtolegendary

At first I was like "WHAT? More region-exclusive nonsense?!?", but this is a cute nod to how they ran all over the place in Gold & Silver.
phoenix98
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Well we're expecting something on tonight's Nintendo Direct, but if there's no news of any new Alola forms there than I guess that's over, it feels almost like they've forgotten there's even a game coming out
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby phoenix98 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Well...no new Alolan forms, but at least we're getting a couple new UBs: UB Burst + UB Assembly

• Necrozma's new forms are called Dusk Mane Necrozma + Dawn Wings Necrozma
• Lycanroc gets a new exclusive Z-move: "Splintered Stormshards"
• If you purchase Gold or Silver on the Virtual Console, you'll receive a special serial code to obtain a special Celebi

Brand-new UBs are a pleasant surprise, but I was gutted to see a scene in the Direct identical to the one in SuMo where we first encounter Nihilego at the Aether Paradise with Lusamine and Hau. The official USUM site also has screenshots of Nebby being attacked on the bridge and being told to get back in Lillie's bag at Melemele Meadow :( I was really hoping there'd be more tweaks to the main plot (either significantly re-writing or entirely removing Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine), but it looks like the story will play out almost exactly as it did in SuMo, just with Necrozma intervening at some point. I know that's how third versions have always been, but with the nature of Lillie's character arc (and the revelations of her connection to Lusamine and Gladion), it really loses most/all impact being recycled over again. I also thought these games might give us an opportunity to go on an adventure throughout Alola without so much focus on Lillie's situation...

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/ultra/en-gb/
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:15 am

Can't wait until we get some actual news.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby tyguy723 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Who wanted more of those circus freaks :lol:

PASS! Not winning me over at all with that update :-?
tyguy723
Manager

Postby Tansike » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Can't believe i nearly forgot about the thing i was looking forward to for months...

Silver / Gold are now released on the Virtual Console!

Have fun playing it, guys :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:10 pm

Tansike wrote:Silver / Gold are now released on the Virtual Console!

Have fun playing it, guys :D
:D You too! I managed to replace the battery in my Silver cartridge a while back, but it's SO nice being able to play these on something that's backlit! :lol:

We also got a new Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon trailer today:

• Mina actually has a Trial this time. The official site also shows that Alolan Marowak is a Totem (likely replacing Salazzle)
• The Alola Dex now includes 400+ Pokémon (as opposed to 302 in SuMo.) Tropius, Larvesta, Mareep, Larvitar, Zorua, Houndoom, and Manectric are shown
• New Ride option Mantine Surf allows you to surf between the islands of Alola

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/ultra/en-us/
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:07 pm

^ thank you :D

I probably wait until sunday though as i'm way too tired to enjoy it now and tomorrow will be a busy day. Plus i'm still not sure at all which starter i should take this time :lol:

Tropius makes SO sense in Alola, obvious addition.
Tansike
Legend

Return to Internet & Technology