The Pokémon Discussion Thread (incl. Pokémon GO!)

Moderator: menime123

Postby Spartan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:09 pm

menime123 wrote:I’m on:

Kanto: 143
Johto: 88
Hoenn: 80
I’m on:

Kanto: 145
Johto: 91
Hoenn: 62

I’m still waiting to evolve:

Lairon
Grovyle
Marshtomp
Combusken
Nuzleaf
Ralts (can’t find these anywhere)
Shroomish
Carvanha
Wailmer
Numel
Corphish
Baltoy
Annorith
Feebas

Haven’t caught:
Slakoth
Lotad
Torkoal
Lunatone
Relicanth
Vibrava
Lileep
Luvdisc
Azurill
Wynaut

Not sure what else?
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Where I live is right on the Thames and next to a park - they’re forever having different Pokémon. I managed to evolve my Feebas pretty quickly, along with my Wailmer - it seems Wailmer just replace Magikarp as the local annoyance :lol:

Ralts I keep hatching, so have managed to evolve that too. I’ve caught one Slakoth and that’s it, but I’m forever seeing its final evolution in gyms.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:28 pm

I’m jealous. I don’t live anywhere near any sort of spawning.
Spartan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

menime123 wrote:Kanto: 143
Johto: 88
Hoenn: 80
:o That's awesome - especially considering you stopped playing for a while! You've already got more Hoenn Pokémon than me. :lol:

Kanto: 148
Johto: 96
Hoenn: 74

A lot of my haven't caught/waiting to evolve are similar to Spartan's. Lotad in particular has been obnoxiously rare (even on rainy days!) Wailmer's 400 candy is pretty ridiculous too, since it doesn't pop up nearly as frequently as Magikarp did by my nearest bodies of water.

menime123 wrote:Kyogre is a nightmare. I’ve had about 10 goes and only managed to catch him 3 times, and even then only one of them was a ‘wonderful’ version. Sort of wish I hadn’t given up but I suppose all the missing legendaries will make a return at some point.
Too true. This is the worst luck I've had with any Legendary so far (even just hitting the mark with my throws has been more of a struggle than the others.)

Congrats on Mewtwo too! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:46 pm

I haven’t got any legendaries. How do you guys compete in them?
Spartan
Legend

Postby DnBLover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:04 pm

Rrrrr haven't got any Mewtwo raid pass....

For legendaries you just need a group and join a raid. Depending on your level this will be between 4-9 people. Certain gyms attract loads of people and you easily get groups, others you need to belong to groups (Facebook, WhatsApp, etc) and see if anyone else is coming.

I have all the legendaries but freaking Mewtwo, so far.
I probably won't get Rayquaza though as I'm moving to a different country where it's probably going to be very difficult finding people to raid with.

I'm level 35
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby DnBLover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Mewtwo has a high catch rate. Easier than Lapras (aka hell on earth), tyranitar, etc. I think it's something like 6-8%
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:08 pm

Spartan wrote:I haven’t got any legendaries. How do you guys compete in them?
I'm lucky to have pretty easy access to San Francisco, so whenever I'm up there on the weekends and wandering around the more active/touristy areas, there's generally been enough players (between spoofers and actual in-person people.) If I see a Gym that's soon to hatch a Legendary egg is under attack, I'll head toward it (since I figure the players attacking it plan to stick around for the Raid too.)

Outside major cities, I think people rely on local player groups via Facebook/Reddit/etc. Coordinating with a big group like that seems tricky, though, since you don't know exactly when/where the Legendary Raids will happen until the eggs appear (aside from Mewtwo's.)
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:47 pm

Lucky sod. I’ll have to join one when I’m in L.A. later on this year. Also need to catch the regionals. I’m guessing in Cali you’ve got Plusle, Tauros and Lunatone as regionals?
Spartan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Spartan wrote:Lucky sod. I’ll have to join one when I’m in L.A. later on this year. Also need to catch the regionals. I’m guessing in Cali you’ve got Plusle, Tauros and Lunatone as regionals?
8-)

Yes to Tauros and Plusle, but I've only seen Solrock - never Lunatone. Supposedly Lunatone occupies the same region as Minun and Zangoose (post-swap with Seviper), but only appears between 9pm and 9am?

It's a little annoying that they're still adding more regional exclusives when there's still no trading system available (unless more start getting the Zangoose/Seviper treatment.) Based on user reports, apparently Torkoal is only in "the general Indian subcontinent area" and Relicanth in "a handful of countries in the Pacific Islands." :roll:
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:19 pm

Just in case we decide to vacate to Fiji, we can get a Relicanth haha. I’ve never seen a Lunatone but will keep my eyes peeled.

I enjoyed them swapping them around i.e. when we got Kangaskhan and Farfetch’d here in the UK.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:47 pm

I’ve got Lunatone so definitely UK.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:35 pm

:o Looks like we're already getting another Gen III batch tomorrow:

Prepare for exciting new adventures as you encounter even more Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region on February 9! Alongside several Flying- and Dragon-type Pokémon appearing in Pokémon GO for the first time, the Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza will descend from the ozone layer and become available in Raid Battles for a limited time.

In celebration, Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will take over wild encounters until February 13. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to catch powerful Pokémon such as Salamence, Altaria, Metagross, and more!

The Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza will be appearing in Raid Battles in Gyms near you until March 16. You’ll also have a chance to battle the Legendary Water-type Pokémon Kyogre before it swims away on February 14. Will you be the first to catch all three ancient Legendary Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region?

Even more surprises await nearby! In addition to these Pokémon being available in the wild, you might see some different Pokémon in Raid Battles at your nearby Gym, and from hatched Eggs.

With all of these Pokémon to catch and power up, it’s important to stock up on supplies. Starting February 9, new special boxes–which include Raid Passes, Incubators, and Star Pieces–will be available in the in-game store until February 23. In addition, Lure Modules will remain activated for six hours until February 23! These items will be perfect aids in your Pokémon GO adventure.

I really like the the temporary Hoenn-takeover idea! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby menime123 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Yes, it’ll help matters. Need lots more :lol:

Just caught my 5th Kyogre. 20km a candy, no thanks :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Who would walk 20km? I’m bored walking my Feebas but Milotic is so cool that I want it.

There can’t be that many Pokémon left in Gen 3: Swellow, Pelipper, Altaria and Flygon evolutions.
Spartan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Spartan wrote:Who would walk 20km? I’m bored walking my Feebas but Milotic is so cool that I want it.

There can’t be that many Pokémon left in Gen 3: Swellow, Pelipper, Altaria and Flygon evolutions.
Sorry if I'm just misreading you, but Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon are available now (though they've been Ralts-level rare for me, and in 10km eggs, so hopefully we see more of them during this Hoenn takeover!)

Based on the banner Niantic posted, they're about to add:
- Wingull/Pelipper
- Taillow/Swellow
- Swablu/Altaria
- Tropius
- Chimecho
- Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence
- Beldum/Metang/Metagross
- Rayquaza (Raid Boss)

Which would leave:
- Surskit/Masquerain
- Nincada/Ninjask/Shedinja (probably figuring out how to deal with Shedinja)
- Volbeat
- Illumise
- Castform (probably figuring out how to deal with its form-changing)
- Kecleon
- Spinda
- Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss
- More Legendaries
- (Plus Mew, Smeargle, and Celebi...)

Pokemon.com posted an article which states that this is "the final wave of Pokémon originally from the Hoenn region", so maybe we're actually getting all of the above tomorrow? Legendaries (and whoever faces the same fate as Smeargle) aside, anyway...
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Spartan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:55 am

My bad. I confused my evolutionary branches! This hasn’t dropped yet so it must be US time tha it’s dropping.

Poor Smeargle, I wondered if they were saving it for a special event like Delibird but evidently not.
Spartan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:55 pm

Spartan wrote:My bad. I confused my evolutionary branches! This hasn’t dropped yet so it must be US time tha it’s dropping.

Poor Smeargle, I wondered if they were saving it for a special event like Delibird but evidently not.
No worries, Bagon/Shelgon/Flygon would definitely make more sense (and I've seen fan theories about how the English names might've been swapped for some reason.)

A bunch of the past releases and special events have happened around 13:00 PT / 21:00 GMT, so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled then...
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:02 am

Oh, I see they’ve swapped over Minun and Plusle.
Spartan
Legend

Postby larces » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:12 pm

Swablu needs 400 candies to evolve :o
larces
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:34 pm

Well I got my Rayquaza. There’s a lack of new Pokemon in central London it would seem. Time to get that stardust up :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:49 pm

menime123 wrote:Well I got my Rayquaza. There’s a lack of new Pokemon in central London it would seem. Time to get that stardust up :lol:
I was gonna come up on Tuesday to catch some ‘mon but if it’s sparse I may as well not bother. I’ve seen quite a few down here but I’m at work so there’s nothing I can do about it.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Spartan wrote:
menime123 wrote:Well I got my Rayquaza. There’s a lack of new Pokemon in central London it would seem. Time to get that stardust up :lol:
I was gonna come up on Tuesday to catch some ‘mon but if it’s sparse I may as well not bother. I’ve seen quite a few down here but I’m at work so there’s nothing I can do about it.
By new I mean for yesterday’s update. The place is full of gen 3 though - im onto 92 Hoenn now :)
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:20 pm

larces wrote:Swablu needs 400 candies to evolve :o
I was sure someone was just joking when I first read that elsewhere :o Requiring that much for Magikarp made sense as a way of representing the long, hard struggle of training useless little "Splash"-ing Magikarp into big powerful Gyarados. Wailmer felt like a stretch, but I guess it would need to eat a lot to turn into something as massive as Wailord...? This one just makes no damn sense. :lol:

I haven't gone into the city since yesterday's release, so I've only seen Taillow, Swablu, Castform, and Illumise so far. Apparently Volbeat/Illumise and Tropius are the latest regionals. Coming across Minun was a really pleasant surprise, though! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:51 pm

400 Swablu candy's is a lot! It seems Minun and Plusle are actually not region exclusive now as I got one of each today. Surskit is definitely out too as I got one today. Volbeat and Illuminise too.

As far as I can tell it's just Keckleon, Spinda, Nincada line and Clamperl line still to come. The last two both had unusual evolution methods in the game, so I wonder how that will play out here.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Return to Internet & Technology