The Pokémon Discussion Thread (incl. Pokémon GO!)

Moderator: menime123

Postby Tansike » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:19 am

^ Similar situation with me :( Anyways, i bought the game with that Pokéball joystick yesterday. Maybe i'll find some time to try the game out later today.

I watched some videos yesterday and it looked absolutely stunning, but i'm afraid i won't like it as it seems too easy plus how you can catch Pokémon is not my thing (not a fan of 'Go').

JeyBeMust wrote:I get you @Tansike, me and some friends pre-ordered the game and now everyone is complaining because we have to work and cannot play :lol:

It was sweet when I had 8-12 and I was able to spend entire days playing. :cry:
So true :cry: :cry: :cry:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:00 am

Not here for Let’s Go. An overpriced graphical improvement to Yellow with bad new mechanics.

Bring on 2019 and the real Pokemon Switch game!
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby JeyBeMust » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:34 pm

After a whole 2 days playing the new Pokémon game I can say that I’m more than happy with it. The game is bringing a lot of memories and the new mechanics are quite fun, I really love being able to spot Pokémon in the grass and I don’t mind getting some ex points with it.

I don’t get why so many people complain about remasters, I’m having the time of my life with this game, last night I was out with my friends and came home at 01:00 and played straight to 06:00 in the morning, I was SO stuck trying to capture a Chansey that I forgot about everything.

I also love the posibility of having Pikachu and an extra Pokémon outside de pokéball, using Growlithe as a “horse”, and many more details. I really think this game is for everyone and not only for casual buyers, but biased reviews and prejudices are everywhere this days on the internet :-?
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby SholasBoy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:33 pm

My other half ended up buying Lets Go Eevee yesterday and now I'm mad I didn't get it first cos I feel jealous watching him play it, I desperately want to get on it now! FOMO!!
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby JeyBeMust » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:52 pm

Despite all the hate and venom spilled for many, Pokémon Let’s Go managed to sell +3M copies worldwide in just 3 days and became the biggest launch on the Nintendo Switch console ever!! 8-)

Source: https://gematsu.com/2018/11/pokemon-let ... ee-million

I’m gonna be honest, the game didn’t deserve all this criticism because Nintendo announced that the main series will be released in 2019, it’s not like they took away the main series to all the hard core gamers. I played every Pokémon game since the very first line-up in 1999 and I’m having the time of my life with Pokémon Let’s Go, it’s not just about nostalgia, it is indeed a great game with a lot of fun. The new mechanics are really cool aswell, I don’t think I’ll like coming back to the old way of fight/training, or capturing random pokemon in the grass.

Give it a try, you won’t regret it :wink:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby JimJim » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:04 am

Let's Go is so absurdly easy, it's outrageous. I'm up to the 4th gym and have yet to encounter anything even remotely challenging. I think only on one occasion have I had to use anyone other than Eevee.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby JeyBeMust » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:14 pm

JimJim wrote:Let's Go is so absurdly easy, it's outrageous. I'm up to the 4th gym and have yet to encounter anything even remotely challenging. I think only on one occasion have I had to use anyone other than Eevee.
Yes, that’s my only complain. I don’t get why they don’t give us the choice to select different levels like easy, normal or hard.
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby tyguy723 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:13 pm

I feel like Go & now Let's Go were made for me...I have not enjoyed a Pokemon game since BW era since afterwards the mechanics just became too complicated for me to want to understand...like I have a busy life outside of gaming and now that I don't game nearly as much as I used to I thoroughly applaud the simplification of the games while maintaining the core elements of what makes Pokemon work. I want a let's go Gold & Silver edition now!
tyguy723
Manager

Postby JeyBeMust » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:04 pm

+1 I loved this game so much that I’m not sure If I will have the mood of coming back to the original mechanics of fighting wild random pokémon on the grass.

I want more remakes too!! 8-)
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:08 pm

I really enjoy the game except the catching mechanique maybe.
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Michiel » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:01 pm

I actually prefer the catching over the endless grinding. It also makes more sense you see the Pokémon running. That being said my Pokemons were already around 65-67 when i hit the league. Way too easy. And what about those master trainers... i aint gonna train a magikarp to lvl 70. Like GTFO. Nonetheless i enjoyed the game.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Saw this on kworb's Global Digital Artist Ranking:

157 NEW GAME FREAK

Was like 'WTF?', clicked on it and discovered this:

Album: Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu & Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee Super Music Collection on iTunes
#4 Mexico
#4 Sweden
#7 Hong Kong
#9 Singapore
#16 United States
#16 Indonesia
#19 Australia
#27 Netherlands
#35 Canada
#41 Bulgaria
#42 United Kingdom
#46 France
#46 Germany
#48 Spain
#127 Italy

I didn't know Pokémon also makes an impact on the iTunes Chart - this is awesome! :o :lol:
Tansike
Legend

Postby LotsOfLove » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:28 pm

I have a small question to those who played the game already.

Can I leave Pikachu / Eevee at the Pokemon center like in the PC? Or is it impossible to get rid off the starter Pokemon?

I usually make a water team only, so I wouldn't want Pikachu or Eevee to take the place of another Pokemon :lol:
LotsOfLove
Manager

Postby JimJim » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:54 pm

You have to keep them in your team unfortunately. You can teach Eevee a strong water type move though.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby LotsOfLove » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:42 pm

JimJim wrote:You have to keep them in your team unfortunately. You can teach Eevee a strong water type move though.
Really? Ugh that is horrible.

And is the 2 person mode playable throughout the entire game? Like from the very start to the Top 4?
LotsOfLove
Manager

Postby JimJim » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:56 am

Yes, but the 2 player mode sucks. It basically (somehow manages to) makes the game even easier! The second player does very little though.

I finished the game last night, it took about 30hr in total. Doing some of the post game stuff now.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Return to Internet & Technology