Fortnite

Moderator: menime123

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:11 pm

The game that's taking over the world. I downloaded this for Nintendo Switch when it came out, but quickly gave up without knowing what I was doing, but in the last week I really got into it and even got my first Victory. (I must admit, mostly from hiding rather than killing anyone - I'm not the best aimer it seems) Read up a bit more on it and really looking forward to the 6th season starting tomorrow and will get a Battle Pass for it so I can start customising my character.. Anyone else playing?
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby menime123 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:49 pm

I downloaded the iOS app this week actually, but found it lacking in the user friendliness so sort of gave up. They don’t explain it very well either.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:17 pm

I just can't imagine how it would work on iOS. It's difficult enough with the joy cons on Switch, I'm sure it is easier on some of the other platforms. I think the lack of information was what put me off in the first place, I basically had to do my own research to work out how to play it.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby JeyBeMust » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:40 am

SholasBoy wrote:I just can't imagine how it would work on iOS. It's difficult enough with the joy cons on Switch, I'm sure it is easier on some of the other platforms. I think the lack of information was what put me off in the first place, I basically had to do my own research to work out how to play it.
I love the game. I never tried until it came out on the Switch and I gave in, now I’m 75h into the game and I even bought the Pro Controller :lol:

Feel free to add me as a friend: SW-5630-3123-3151 :D
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:32 am

Should i check this on iphone or ipad?

Not sure it’s worth the hype - it’s so un-intuitive on the iPad and frankly, you probably need to invest a few hours reading what the hell its all about (which I haven’t).
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:13 pm

spiritboy wrote:Should i check this on iphone or ipad?

Not sure it’s worth the hype - it’s so un-intuitive on the iPad and frankly, you probably need to invest a few hours reading what the hell its all about (which I haven’t).
Definitely no, although Epic Games did an amazing job adapting the game for smartphones, the screens are too small to apreciate the details (like other players hidden), also the controllers are quite uncomfortable, imo.

Even with a Nintendo Switch the experience is 1.000 times better with a Pro Controller.
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:02 pm

I might have to get a pro controller, because I'm finding it very rare I actually manage to hit anyone, I don't know if I'm just crap or if it's the switch controls, but I only seem to get far in the game by hiding and snooping around, not very often for actually getting stuck in
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:15 pm

I've been playing with a pro controller now, and it has slightly improved my game, well I'm now crap as opposed to completely useless, I finally got three kills in one game today, which is something :lol" at the minute I'm happier sticking to the challenges than going for wins (I have no chance when it comes to building).
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby JeyBeMust » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:53 pm

SholasBoy wrote:I've been playing with a pro controller now, and it has slightly improved my game, well I'm now crap as opposed to completely useless, I finally got three kills in one game today, which is something :lol" at the minute I'm happier sticking to the challenges than going for wins (I have no chance when it comes to building).
Challenges will help you improve your game, you’ll see. And for building, I recomend the play mode “playground”, an entire island for you and some friends to improve your skills and build crazy structures (with no killing) :wink:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:54 pm

I was hoping when this season finished I'd finally be able to get round to playing Reds Dead, but Season 7 is a beast. The flying planes are crazy!! Though I am missing Greasy Grove, one of my favourite places to land, hopefully will return when the ice thaws! Not sure how I feel about the three new locations yet.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:08 am

It's interesting how they are releasing this in 'seasons'.
Nearly every single one of my friends play it, but I just don't have the time or dedication.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Return to Internet & Technology