TIDAL

Moderator: menime123

Postby Guru » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:07 am

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby beredy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 am

Every time name TIDAL pops out I'm surprised to hear they still exist. They literally have 0 territories to fall back upon. Deezer at least has like half of France and a lot of visibility in Europe.
beredy
Manager

Postby JeyBeMust » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:21 am

beredy wrote:Every time name TIDAL pops out I'm surprised to hear they still exist. They literally have 0 territories to fall back upon. Deezer at least has like half of France and a lot of visibility in Europe.
I was about to say the same. How are they managing to stay afloat? :o
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby ludichris » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:37 am

TIDAL claims to have over 3 million paying subscribers, so each month they are generating $30 to $60 million dollars if the pricing structure is $9.99 to $19.99 a month. A lot of subscribers use TIDAL solely for the more expensive high quality premium tier.

Now out of that $30 million + monthly revenue they pay out 70%? to the rights holders and keep the rest. So at least $9 million dollars a month to pay staff and keep investors happy. That seems like a lot of money to me but I don't know how many people they have to pay. They should be fine.
ludichris
Manager

Postby Wayne » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:03 am

Is that 3m paying subscribers number accurate?

The statement sounds like a stab at DN's report disputing Jay-Z's updates on Tidal's subscriber numbers just days before Sprint's investment. In September 2015, Jay-Z tweeted that Tidal had hit the 1 million member milestone, but the newspaper claimed internal payments to record labels revealed it to be closer to 350,000. Around six months later he claimed it had reached the 3 million member mark, whereas the number was 850,000. Meanwhile, Tidal had internally circulated a figure of 1.2 million subscribers. Since then, the company has kept quiet about user numbers.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/13/tid ... l-trouble/
Also read this:

In numbers shared with The Verge, MusicWatch estimates that Tidal today has around 3 million subscribers globally — including trial accounts — and around a 10 percent “aided awareness level” in the US. “That means if you show people a list of paid streaming services, 10 percent say they know about Tidal,” Crupnick said. “It’s about 50 percent for Spotify Premium or Apple Music.”

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/28/1751 ... pple-music
The company would be screaming publicly if it was in profit, given the sheer amount of bad press it's had over the years - assuming the 1.2 million number to be accurate, that would equate to between $12-$24 million per month.

Spotify has 180 million users with 83 million of those people paying for the service (around 46%). Assuming the 3 million number to be correct for TIDAL, that would equate to around 1.4 million paying subscribers (so, 1.2-1.4 million might be the more accurate figure).
Wayne
Administrator

Postby menime123 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:58 pm

Tidal needs to fold so Lemonade gets added to Spotify.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Return to Internet & Technology